News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Fresno State Manager Official

Started by Governor, May 31, 2023, 01:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Governor

Ryan Overland is officially the new Manager. Is this a good move? Fresno State University seemed to have a solid club this season.

Old man scout

OV is a great young man who has been at Fresno State since he was a freshman in College a Bulldog through and through great hire for the Dogs know him personally very low key in public but can burn hot on the field he will do things right. Good day for the program.

CWClassof2007

It was the right decision for many reason but a big one being it'll help keep the alumni involved. I'm not sure if that would be the case with an outsider.

Governor

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on May 31, 2023, 04:09:47 PM
It was the right decision for many reason but a big one being it'll help keep the alumni involved. I'm not sure if that would be the case with an outsider.

Good news OMS

CWCO2007 what makes you say that?

BallGuy

Don't know OV personally, but literally have not met someone that will say something negative about him. I went to high school in the valley, and left for college, so I'm a bit of an outsider in terms of Fresno State ball, as a result, a lot of my network in baseball is outside the valley, and everyone that I've talked to about OV has said positive things about him.

Baseball wise it's still a "risky" hire just because it's his first time being an HC, but if I'm placing bets, I think the Dogs found their next coach for the next 20, and if it doesn't work out for a LONG time, it may be because he has too much success.

Timmy Winn

A few incoming transfers that will contribute immediately next year. Noah Beal SP from UNLV (by way of CHS) and saldivar and peppi from Long Beach State. Two big bats and an experienced SP. Schneider and Munster coming in too. Future is looking bright.

BallGuy

Really encouraging, Timmy. OV isn't wasting much time.

BallGuy