News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

BHS-Edison

Started by TeddyKGB, August 30, 2014, 09:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeddyKGB

we may as well get this started now...
how's this play out. Edison has to be one of the only teams in the valley that can match the Driller speed and athletisim. Will be a huge test for both teams!

izne1home

Quote from: TeddyKGB on August 30, 2014, 09:42:54 AM
we may as well get this started now...
how's this play out. Edison has to be one of the only teams in the valley that can match the Driller speed and athletisim. Will be a huge test for both teams!

It will come down to discipline.  Also, Ratcliffe is old and ratty, so BHS will have the home field advantage. 

BHS Fan

BHS better fix the penalty situation.  That was horrible.  Kept Oaks Christian in the game.

I see BHS running the smash mouth football like against Oaks.  Worked and opened the outside.  If BHS establishes the running game it will force Edison to overload the box opening up the passing game.

Edison needs to play sound fundamental defense.  If not the gaps will be there for BHS RB's and QB.

The BHS defense did a good job against OC's QB and 6'3" and 6'5" WR's.  They first got the QB rattled by some big shots.  The QB starting bolting so the WR's were improvising.  I see the same thing against Edison.  

I think the Buchanan game was a fluke.  Edison is way better then they showed.  Basically a scrimmage when they know people were watching.  Edison is better than advertised.  Maybe I'm wrong.

BHS- 38
Edison- 21

GoldenHawksFootball

Quotewe may as well get this started now...

Central, Edison, and Bullard huh Teddy? These schools always have athleticism. But what do the Drillers have that these schools don't? Discipline and a killer system that operates like a machine. BHS run game will be fine with those 2 backs. Even the D will be fine. The O Line had lots of procedure issues last night and I didn't see the QB having to make too many throws. Again, if you can't stop the run that's ok. But when teams force them to throw, do they have enough passing to keep teams honest? Can Gragg be accurate like Rufus? O line and passing are still works in progress. That said, I like the Drillers- 45-14.

TeddyKGB

Izne the Drillers feel right at home any time they're within 10 miles of 99. If  the Drillers can cut way back on dumb penalties they'll be fine. Discipline is very seldom a problem for them.
The Oline did have some issues but I feel those will be addressed and ironed out. Edison can match the Driller speed so loading the box will not put the Tiger's D at the disadvantage it puts other teams in.

TeddyKGB