News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

CLOVIS NORTH FIRST DOWN

Started by BRONCO2015, September 20, 2014, 02:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BRONCO2015

Here's proof. The camera doesn't lie... You decide, #17's upper body clearly over the 25 yard line, and his white gloves holding the ball are absolutely across the 25 yard line.

Too late now, hope we meet again! Great game to witness regardless.

Why do they use costly new sterile needles to give a lethal injection? Really. Just save the same friggin' needle.

BRONCO2015

Why do they use costly new sterile needles to give a lethal injection? Really. Just save the same friggin' needle.

kenny powers

Quote from: BRONCO2015 on September 20, 2014, 02:50:56 PM
Here's proof. The camera doesn't lie... You decide, #17's upper body clearly over the 25 yard line, and his white gloves holding the ball are absolutely across the 25 yard line.

Too late now, hope we meet again! Great game to witness regardless.

It's where the balls is when his knees come down. Your pictures doesn't show that. Stop sniveling sissy boy.  :D

kenny powers

CWClassof2007

Quote from: kenny powers on September 20, 2014, 03:02:07 PM
It's where the balls is when his knees come down. Your pictures doesn't show that. Stop sniveling sissy boy.  :D
Forward progress.

CWClassof2007

allaboutfb

His knees could of easily been down way before he stretched over the 25.  Stop complaining and figure out how you guys blew a 2 TD lead and then when you meet again take care of business.  I am not a CN or Edison follower but when one team wins a game give them credit.  The credit that you are giving Edison means nothing to know one because you back it up with a picture saying the refs got it wrong?

allaboutfb

Quinntheeskimo

Nothing is definitive from that photo or camera angle.  Nothing.

Quinntheeskimo

allaboutfb

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on September 20, 2014, 03:03:05 PM
Forward progress.
Forward progress has nothing to do with the pictures that are shown. If you were at the game and your saying that he clearly was past the first down marker then taken back then you may have a point.

allaboutfb

amazinballer

amazinballer

allaboutfb

allaboutfb

BRONCO2015

Quote from: kenny powers on September 20, 2014, 03:02:07 PM

:D

Nothing taken from Edison, they played well, they made fewer mistakes, got the W... But if you can't see clearly, don't blame me...

Buy some glasses...

Yes I was there, and it is more obvious on the video from which these photos were taken. Not crying at all. The Broncos didn't do enough to decisively win the game. Just presenting what we all saw, a bad spot.

On to next weeks game! By the way, I was impressed with the ET QB. He made some great throws when they needed them. Props to him! I didn't think he had that arm strength from the previous videos I had seen.

Great win for the Tigers! They have one of those seasons going, when everything just seems to line up right. There's no other team I would rather see win a valley title besides the Broncos.

BRONCO2015

BRONCO2015

Quote from: amazinballer on September 20, 2014, 03:11:57 PM
any pics of the other 47:59?

Heck yes, and it was a great game! Edison played very well, and very tough. Glad to see Matt has them on the right track.

BRONCO2015

SCrubjay

Quote from: BRONCO2015 on September 20, 2014, 02:50:56 PM
Here's proof. The camera doesn't lie... You decide...

The photo on the right is very interesting....  In it, the predominant shadows of the player & the official are parrellel to the lines on the field....  If you apply that to the photo on the left, it looks like the player was behind the 25.... Certainly couldn't call this proof, But it is very close

SCrubjay

izne1home

I'd like to see the video.  Typically the receiver is not going up field on out patterns, but cutting back to give himself space from the DB and an angle for the QB.  Looks close though.  Besides, it's not like CN was ahead at the time. 

If you go outside and see a strange haze in the air, it's the football mojo drifting SW. 

izne1home

Sixtynine

You cant judge anything off that LOL
Just my opinion, but my opinion is right

Sixtynine

Just my opinion, but my opinion is right

bksflddan

Quote from: izne1home on September 20, 2014, 03:40:03 PM
I'd like to see the video.  Typically the receiver is not going up field on out patterns, but cutting back to give himself space from the DB and an angle for the QB.  Looks close though.  Besides, it's not like CN was ahead at the time. 

If you go outside and see a strange haze in the air, it's the football mojo drifting SW. 

... was Pete Mitchell at the game taking notes???? ...
"The crux of leadership is seeing what needs to be done and doing it before anyone else"

Run fast! Stay Low!

bksflddan

"The crux of leadership is seeing what needs to be done and doing it before anyone else"

Run fast! Stay Low!

budha46

I was at the game, he was clearly over the line. It was without question a first down. The refs got this one wrong.

budha46

Chaser

Quote from: allaboutfb on September 20, 2014, 03:03:47 PM
His knees could of easily been down way before he stretched over the 25.  Stop complaining and figure out how you guys blew a 2 TD lead and then when you meet again take care of business.  I am not a CN or Edison follower but when one team wins a game give them credit.  The credit that you are giving Edison means nothing to know one because you back it up with a picture saying the refs got it wrong?

The fact is we all saw it. By that I mean everyone that was there and could see the play. As for credit, you seem to want to crap on the kids that actually made the play. As for blowing a 2 TD lead, your only correct if we lose the game. Austin Autry and Jared Black did not deserve to be cheated out of their strong chance to win the game in the end.

When two players win a fourth and 11 play from a first and 25 give them credit for their effort and stop being a hypocrite.

Chaser

TeddyKGB

The camera doesn't lie, I always knew izne did yoga

TeddyKGB

izne1home

Quote from: Chaser on September 25, 2014, 10:28:22 AM
When two players win a fourth and 11 play from a first and 25 give them credit for their effort and stop being a hypocrite.

CN should be applauded for pulling off what appeared to be a first down on a risky 4th and 11 call with the game on the line.  Nobody is trying to minimize that play or the heartbreak that followed when the ball was spotted.  Unless you were right on top of the call, you really don't know what the ref relied on to place the ball.  Maybe he saw a knee touch, or maybe he just blew it.  Blown calls over the course of a game tend to balance out.   
But rising above the call and applauding the ET for fighting hard and never giving up is not, in and of itself, disrespectful to the Broncos.  Nothing hypocritical about that. 

izne1home

allaboutfb

Quote from: Chaser on September 25, 2014, 10:28:22 AM
The fact is we all saw it. By that I mean everyone that was there and could see the play. As for credit, you seem to want to crap on the kids that actually made the play. As for blowing a 2 TD lead, your only correct if we lose the game. Austin Autry and Jared Black did not deserve to be cheated out of their strong chance to win the game in the end.

Like I already stated, I don't root for either of these teams more than the other.  I don't have to mention how great their programs have been in the past because their history backs that up.  I am not bad mouthing anyone from CN.  I am telling all of the CN faithful on this board that continue to make excuses about this loss TO MOVE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You have a very good team now go beat up on your next opponent!!!!!!!!!!  Edison beat you guys and now you can only hope to get a match-up with them in the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!

allaboutfb

BRONCO2015

Quote from: allaboutfb on September 25, 2014, 06:55:50 PM
I am telling all of the CN faithful on this board that continue to make excuses about this loss TO MOVE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

All respect allaboutfb, but you're still missing the point of the original post. You accuse the "CN faithful" of making excuses, when no one made an excuse, simply pointed out a bad spot. Nice fodder for debate on CVHSpreps. It's not about who won, but about the call. Who knows what the last 30 seconds would have produced... maybe a stinkin' Bronco fumble for all we know. No one made an excuse, just disagreed with the spot of the ball, and showed video evidence of the fact (IMO) in a different thread. My observation is supported by several others that were there and saw the play happen in person. Most agree, even Edison and non Bronco fans that were there, the ref blew the spot of the ball. Not on purpose of course, I don't buy that stuff. Well, maybe vs CW or BHS I might suspect such a thing.  :D

In this case, a call was made and you live with it, but you don't have to agree with it. Tough luck Broncos... do more during the course of the game, and leave no doubt... convert first downs to hold momentum, don't fumble, don't miss tackles, don't make bad snaps, protect your QB, etc. I like the Tigers, they got game, even without A.J. All good here in Bronco land.
:u:

Quote from: allaboutfb on September 25, 2014, 06:55:50 PM
You have a very good team now go beat up on your next opponent!!!!!!!!!!  Edison beat you guys and now you can only hope to get a match-up with them in the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!

Agree 100% my friend, 100%. There's a lot of football yet to be played. Perhaps we'll get another shot at them, if we take care of our business the rest of the way.

Good luck to everyone, and health to your boys and ours!

:u:

BRONCO2015

izne1home

Quote from: BRONCO2015 on September 25, 2014, 08:14:28 PM
Tough luck Broncos...

Like I said at the beginning of this discussion, it's all about the mojo. 

izne1home

Bronco

Quote from: izne1home on September 25, 2014, 08:25:44 PM
:u: That game is now history - time to move on !!

Bronco

BRONCO2015

Quote from: izne1home on September 25, 2014, 08:25:44 PM

Yep, and you've seen that mojo risin' with the Tigers week after week... They have it goin' on right now. They just keep winning.  :u:

BRONCO2015