News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

BHS- LB Poly

Started by TeddyKGB, September 15, 2013, 01:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldenHawksFootball

If BHS happens to win this won and win by a margin of 10 or more, it will be interesting to see how the rankings change.
After the 1 point loss to Oaks Christian on the road little in the rankings changed after that game. Bakersfield was #27.
They have bumped up to #22. Oaks was around #7. Now they are #9. LBP is ranked #5. Do they move the Drillers up into
the top 10 ahead of LBP should they win? I'd place them right behind Oaks at #10. But again jumping 12 spots is pretty
eye opening. These are Max Preps rankings. Cal Hi Sports is the official rankings but I can't even come across a list online.

DBLR12

Quote from: GoldenHawksFootball on September 18, 2013, 09:17:42 AM
If BHS happens to win this won and win by a margin of 10 or more, it will be interesting to see how the rankings change.
After the 1 point loss to Oaks Christian on the road little in the rankings changed after that game. Bakersfield was #27.
They have bumped up to #22. Oaks was around #7. Now they are #9. LBP is ranked #5. Do they move the Drillers up into
the top 10 ahead of LBP should they win? I'd place them right behind Oaks at #10. But again jumping 12 spots is pretty
eye opening. These are Max Preps rankings. Cal Hi Sports is the official rankings but I can't even come across a list online.

If that happens and they take care of business here at home they will definitely force the hand of the CIF for a bowel bid. Let's see what happens!

GoldenHawksFootball

Quotethey will definitely force the hand of the CIF for a bowel bid.

Bowel bid? I certainly hope anyone person in the CIF doesn't force their hands
on BHS to make their bowel game in the toilet.  :D

Bobby_Digital72

Quote from: TeddyKGB on September 18, 2013, 08:30:18 AM
Bobby, I caught a little bit of the Poly-Centennial game last night on TV, Poly has big O-line mand one kid looks to be well over 300, 77 I believe, and big DL. I think the high tempo of the Drillers O will wear down these big guys. I believe that if the Drillers can keep the score close for the first quarter and a half they will wear down Poly. Against OC they gave up 21 early and had to claw their way back and tired out the OC players. If they can stay score for score with Poly I believe they will win this game in the 4th qt. Poly may be able to match speed with the Drillers but there is no way those big lineman will keep up with the pace that the Drillers play.
you are correct.I forgot about the tempo at which they play at. Great observation ...plus I dnt think the jackrabbits have ever played on field like our astro-dirt

TeddyKGB

Looked up the Poly OL
55- 6'1"  285 I believe 55 also plays on Defense.
56-6'3"   270
67-6'1"  270
75-6'3"  325
77-6'4" 350
(This reads like a line up of izne's exes)

TEs:
#88 6'2"205, 89 6'7" 270

This has to be the biggest OL the Drillers will face, Watching them against Centennial-Corona I can't see these guys being able to keep up with the Drillers pace in the 3rd and 4th qts.
It's tough to play on Astro-dirt when you aren't use to it!

BeastOfNorth

Quote from: TeddyKGB on September 18, 2013, 10:28:35 AM
Looked up the Poly OL
56-6'3"   270
67-6'1"  270
75-6'3"  325
77-6'4" 350

TEs:
#88 6'2"205, 89 6'7" 270

This has to be the biggest OL the Drillers will face, Watching them against Centennial-Corona I can't see these guys being able to keep up with the Drillers pace in the 3rd and 4th qts.

holy cow  :shock:
If you ain't first.... YOU'RE LAST!!!

dlion

Quote from: TeddyKGB on September 18, 2013, 10:28:35 AM
Looked up the Poly OL
56-6'3"   270
67-6'1"  270
75-6'3"  325
77-6'4" 350

TEs:
#88 6'2"205, 89 6'7" 270

these big fatties will be mesmerized by the dancing Driller D :u:

In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey!

Lock down DB

The bottom line is in the words of Keith Jackson " This one is gonna be a dandy" 

Bobby_Digital72

I know they play in the evening.. but on firiday  Long beach forcasted high 78.Bakersfields forcasted high 93..  another driller advantage?

TeddyKGB

you're right dlion, those fat boys will not be able to dance with the Dancin' Driller D...by the 4th qt they will be out of gas...I can see a few holding penalties against them. You're right Bobby, the weather and the pace the Drillers play at will not make those fat lineman happy.

aaaahhh

looking at Cal Hi Sports state top 25
I but Poly at #6 and Bakersfield at #14

jatk17

Cal Hi Sports is the official rankings but I can't even come across a list online.

Poly is #9 and Bakersfield is #20

http://www.calhisports.com/2013/09/16/week-3-state-rankings-updates/
Once A Driller, Always A Driller

GoldenHawksFootball

Notice Oaks Christian at #14. Six places higher to a team they beat at home by 1 point.
I think it's been established they don't love our section. They've probably never been here.
If #9 LBP loses to #20 BHS, where are they ranked after this week?

Also did I read this right #21 Newhall (Hart) is taking on D3 Ridgeview? This is another
interesting matchup that has significance to our section.

Speedracer

Lets go BHS the whole central section is rooting for you.

TeddyKGB

interesting side note: the BHS-Poly JV game will be on Thursday and the Freshman & Varsity play Friday night. Apparently in the SS a kid can play JV and Varsity  or play in 2 games just not on the same day. So a kid can play freshman and JV or JV and Varsity.

Panther Pride 99

LB Poly by 14.....I don't see the drillers having much success in stopping the big push from the Poly O line.  Speed and athleticism at the key positions is a wash on both sides of the ball.  IMO the O-line will wear down the driller d-line by the second half.  This will give LBP some big play opportunities toward the end of the game.

TeddyKGB

Like Wasco did ? This isn't the first time the Drillers face a big OL. The Poly OL is huge but not mobile, at least the left side isn't that's 77 & 75 (I believe the LT) , speed beats size. I still think the Drillers win a close one, but like you mentioned Panther, if they give up big plays it can turn into a long night for Bakersfield.

mw1

Quote from: Panther Pride 99 on September 18, 2013, 09:54:07 PM
LB Poly by 14.....I don't see the drillers having much success in stopping the big push from the Poly O line.  Speed and athleticism at the key positions is a wash on both sides of the ball.  IMO the O-line will wear down the driller d-line by the second half.  This will give LBP some big play opportunities toward the end of the game.

If BHS gives up the big plays, recent history has shown that they will come in the first qtr or first half- not towards the end of the game.  The big linemen won't "push" to create a running game for LBP.. they will be used to pass-block for the long bombers.  If the CB's and safety can make a few, key interceptions, say good-bye to Poly.  BHS can also handle big D-linemen.  Oaks Christian also had plenty of huge defensive linemen; however, BHS ran for 50 points against that line in the 2nd half.  By the end of half-time, BHS will have their adjustments in place.. and LBP will have a tough time scoring in the 2nd half just as BHS will be stepping on the gas.

Wait for it.......         BHS 35 - LBP 28
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."

Panther Pride 99

Not sure you can compare the Wasco O Line to LBP.  Not taking anything away from the Wasco team, they did run out of gas in the second half playing both sides of the ball. I just believe more in size over speed in this game. 

TeddyKGB

I didn't compare Poly ot Wasco, what I said was that they also tried to wear down BHS with a big OL running right at them and they (Wasco) were the ones that ran out of gas. Poly will also have kids playing on both sides of the ball, I know I saw 55 playing O & D line. You may be the last person on Earth that believes size beats speed.

TeddyKGB