News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Passing Down 7on7 Southern California Regionals Results

Started by Touchback, March 29, 2015, 09:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DB NATION

Football is different than other sports when it comes to recruiting. And for the most part College coaches attend HS & JUCO games when they have a bye week in their own schedule. Touchback, Their is no telling about if football is moving to the AAU route, the bottom line is unlike basketball  7on7 can never replace or simulate 11 on 11 football so in a sense the HS coaches still have to be a part of the process to an extent. However, college coaches at times have better relashionships with 7on7 coaches and will call them before they contact a HS coach. SOME hs coaches dont care for the whole recruiting process and do not try and help their kids. With that being said I have yet to see in a HS coach's contract that it says they have to help a kid get recruited so it isnt on them. Morally should they? I am not sure that is up to each coach. Far example why would Boise st call xxx High school when they are looking at one player from that school when they can call their 7on7 coach who has that athlete and 4 others Boise is looking at? its just an example guys. And some of these 7on7 coaches have real relashionships with the player and their family. There are a few HS coaches that do not put in the time or effort to help their players. I said a few not all. Also, How long has that HS coach been with the program? 2 years? when the 7on7 guy has been with the players 4 or 5? I see both sides of it and no matter what anyone says this argument will never end. I was told a few years back bu John Neal " Here at Oregon, if we see a kid with Great movement in their feet in hips and can cover we will take him. He is ready. The hitting and tackleing we can teach when they get gere but the movement is a hard process to reteach when they get to this level" That is straight out of the Oregon DB coache's mouth. Alot of the 7on7 guys are former college and NFL player's. you can go to a 7on7 tourney and see guys running programs that we all would watch play on TV when we were younger and I believe these guys kinda know what they are doing. Alot of them teach technique that the HS coaches do not teach.Like i already said, this arguement will go on forever. I do not think anyone is correct or incorrect about this topic but as long as College coaches are contacting 7on7 coaches then it will keep growing and growing weather any of us agree with it or not.
DB NATION, IT'S A WAY OF LYFE

DB NATION

DB NATION, IT'S A WAY OF LYFE