News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Garces Coach Steps Down

Started by CoachSki, February 02, 2012, 05:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tailgator

Enough already!!!!!! Let's compromise; all parents, alumni and fans step aside and let the process run its course;  (it's going to anyway) 'just say'in".  The players will be fine; what the hell; basketball season isn't even over yet then they'll roll into baseball/track etc. Here's an old school thought: introduce your boys to a local gym somewhere in town, maybe it can work into a father/son bonding opportunity.  But most importantly of all; what if Coughlin's son is planning on applying for the vacancy but the school acted too hastily, they'd have never known :cry:????? One last thing then "I AM OUT"; can we please, please, please focus on the Tigers of San Luis Obispo High School before being concerned with winning the Valley Championship? GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BHS_Alumni

Quote from: RamU on February 08, 2012, 02:21:33 PM
Since 1985 Garces has won 7 Section Championships; has been to the finals 11 times; has played in 16 Valley Semi's; and won league championship in the SSL and SEYL. All of their success can be attributed many different variable. However, one variable that cannot be ignored is that they had GARCES men running the program. From Frosh to the Varsity, the program has coaches who have played for Dave, John F., or John R. I think bringing in someone from the outside is something to consider, but that person would have a lot to learn about the culture and traditions of the school and program. The school needs an on-staff coach to help bridge the gap between the program and the faculty.

I appreciate coach ski's opinion; however, it is one opinion among many others and the school has to keep focused on what is best for the school and the community.

I'm sure glad Golla wasn't an inside hire.  Thank God the BHS principal and admin were smart enough not to fall into that trap again.  It took Golla about 30 days to figure out the long history at BHS.  Just Win Baby!!

I'm glad to see the rams are back on the preseason schedule for 2012.  Right before LB Poly.
"Mr. President.  You don't pick winners and losers.  You pick LOSERS." Mitt Romney, October 3, 2012

CoachSki

Actually, I think its the week in between Long Beach Poly and the third game against Crespi(?)  In other words, a classic "Trap" game.

CoachSki

The latest word is that this decision may not be made until after April 24, 2012!  That is pure insanity!  How could it possibly take 90 days to make this decision?  There is a clear difference between due diligence and over-thinking an issue.  I guess we should all just hope these kids are so self directed and self motivated that they will conduct an off-season workout program on their own and be ready for Spring ball.  Oh yeah, and I guess they will all be able to find a suitable facility to conduct this off season work out program, since the school will not allow them to use the weight room without a coach supervising them.  I suppose a potentially outgoing assistant coach might be willing to volunteer his time . . .  Is the craziness of this situation starting to become more clear now?

TeddyKGB

I don't want to hear any excuses when the Drillers pound the lambs so I hope this gets straightened out ASAP!  :)-

bchamp

Quote from: TeddyKGB on February 09, 2012, 01:55:21 PM
I don't want to hear any excuses when the Drillers pound the lambs so I hope this gets straightened out ASAP!  :)-

I wonder what excuses cypress used after the lambs left town?

BHS_Alumni

Quote from: TeddyKGB on February 09, 2012, 01:55:21 PM

I just think Garces v BHS is a great traditional game.  It has always been a fan favorite.  Every game I attended was an over full house with a lot of buzz.  Even back in the late 80's when the Rams were dominant there were trailers with full bars set up at Garces along the street with parties everywhere and since then while the Drillers have been the dominant team it's always fun.  No bars set up at BHS but still fun.  The Garces fans always show up to BHS sauced and loud.  I hope this years game is the same.

And BHS has Monsignor Craig Harrison as an alumni and his favorite saying, " God was a Driller".  :u: 
"Mr. President.  You don't pick winners and losers.  You pick LOSERS." Mitt Romney, October 3, 2012

bchamp

Quote from: BHS_Alumni on February 10, 2012, 08:12:20 AM
I just think Garces v BHS is a great traditional game.  It has always been a fan favorite.  Every game I attended was an over full house with a lot of buzz.  Even back in the late 80's when the Rams were dominant there were trailers with full bars set up at Garces along the street with parties everywhere and since then while the Drillers have been the dominant team it's always fun.  No bars set up at BHS but still fun.  The Garces fans always show up to BHS sauced and loud.  I hope this years game is the same.

And BHS has Monsignor Craig Harrison as an alumni and his favorite saying, " God was a Driller".  :u: 

This match up was always the season opener long ago. The Rams have a chance to make the renewed rivalry a good one.  The senior class (2013) has lost 4 games since freshman year. Thats 29- and 4    I don't know what kind of a supporting cast DJ Martin has next year or if he even needs on but if the rams contain him and if the can sneak up on the drillers they should go thur the city compition like a hot knife thru butter.  this would make the padre CH  happy.

CoachSki

Monsignor Craig is always and will always be a Driller at heart.  But he loves Garces too.  I bet he either stands in the end zone somewhere in the middle, or rotates from one side to the other next year.  If Garces were to beat both BHS and Stockdale in one season, that would be the proverbial David slaying two Goliaths.

UnbiasedOne

Quote from: CoachSki on February 10, 2012, 09:50:56 AM
Monsignor Craig is always and will always be a Driller at heart.  But he loves Garces too.  I bet he either stands in the end zone somewhere in the middle, or rotates from one side to the other next year.  If Garces were to beat both BHS and Stockdale in one season, that would be the proverbial David slaying two Goliaths.

This is high school football, not fantasy island!
I drive really slow in the ultra fast lane while people behind me are going insane!  I'm an A******!

bchamp

Quote from: UnbiasedOne on February 10, 2012, 10:47:00 AM
This is high school football, not fantasy island!

the strength of the bhs squad will depend on how many 19yr old red shirt senior wrestlers the are returning to the football team.....they are tough to beat.

tailgator

Quote from: CoachSki on February 09, 2012, 01:34:37 PM
I guess we should all just hope these kids are so self directed and self motivated that they will conduct an off-season workout program on their own and be ready for Spring ball....... 

They'd sure as hell better be if you're 2012 expectations include knocking off the Drillers, Mustangs, Warriors, Tigers and win a VC; like you're hoping for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Coach Hurd

Quote from: bchamp on February 10, 2012, 11:22:43 AM
the strength of the bhs squad will depend on how many 19yr old red shirt senior wrestlers the are returning to the football team.....they are tough to beat.

We have a controversy in the South-land, care to elaborate Champ?

bchamp

Quote from: Coach Hurd on February 10, 2012, 11:31:03 AM
We have a controversy in the South-land, care to elaborate Champ?

wrestlers are the toughest critters on the planet.....they make the best hs football players too.

Coach Hurd

bchamp

Quote from: Coach Hurd on February 10, 2012, 11:38:30 AM
Thank you.

There will only be 1 game next year when i don't go for Drillers.  SEPT 7th it looks like......where will the game be played.....anybody know????

Bronco

Quote from: bchamp on February 10, 2012, 11:36:36 AM
wrestlers are the toughest critters on the planet.....they make the best hs football players too.

I  agree  with  that  statement  100%  :u:

cdubkiller

Quote from: bchamp on February 10, 2012, 11:36:36 AM

Tough to argue with this one...
Friday Night Fever!!!

TeddyKGB

Quote from: bchamp on February 10, 2012, 07:46:49 AM
I wonder what excuses cypress used after the lambs left town?

Who care, last time I checked the Drillers had nothing to do with Cypress...and Ski if you think the lambs are going to beat both Stockdale and the Drillers next season I have a beach front property in Oildale really cheap I need to get rid of. :)-

CoachSki

Teddy, I am confident if we get passed this crapola of an off season, the Rams can beat both teams.  You have tunnel vision over the great season BHS had last season, and rightfully so.  However, Anyone who knows Garces Football will tell that 2011 was supposed to be a down year.  Well, look what happened, 11-2 and arguably a PAT from forcing OT in the VC.  I coached many of the players on all three teams at one time.  All three teams have quality players and good character kids.  The Drillers were hungry this year after falling to CW in the 2010 VC.  BHS will play the entire season next year aiming for the State game and afraid to lose or even play a close game with any local team.  That's a lot of pressure.  You keep acting like Garces doesn't even deserve to play BHS or SHS.  Why don't you ask Pope or Trueba or DJ Martin if they think it will be a cakewalk against the Rams next year.  I usually prefer to let our kids do their talking on the field, but your taunts can no longer go unchallenged.  We will see which of these teams is hungriest next year.

CoachSki