News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Garces Coach Steps Down

Started by CoachSki, February 02, 2012, 05:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coach Hurd

Coach, don't play into these guys garbage. I've been watching and listening to the so called expertise and knowledge of these guys, it is unfounded. Anyone can jump on here and talk garbage, coaching the game from a BB is a piece of cake, you coaching from the trenches is the real deal. The coach's on this site, know who we are, we know who's word is from knowledge and sweat and tears actually doing the job. Opinons are great, opinions make this place go round, that only goes so far in the real world of coaching.

tailgator

I hope the Drillers and 'Stangs aren't reading this BS!  Coaching 101: "Don't give your opponent added motivation"; they may try to hang 80 on 'ya :( Ouch! 

CoachSki

If they have to read this site to get motivation, they're already behind the 8 ball.  These kids all know and have played against each other. They have no need for locker room motivation based on parental, booster, community support.  That's my point.  The kid on these three teams would prefer to let their play on he field define these games.  They don't need us supporters setting the table for them.

Forceuser

Shoot if coach Ski is right, why not move the Rams into the SWYL.  I know there are a few SEYL teams that wont complain  :D

Ski, I read your comment about the coaching decision taking a while at Garces.  Don't feel like it is a problem only at Garces.  Administration does not care about, nor do they understand how important the off-season is for football.  Unlike all other sports, Football does very little actual Football in the off-season and most non football people (who tend to be administration) don't understand how important the off-season is to success.  So for them, it's more important to allow the "process" to work through, than to establish certainty which kids thrive in.  Stay strong....  :)
"All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today."
― Pope Paul VI

BHS_Alumni

I want a good game next year.  That's all.  A good friday night football game.

Garces will be ready to play BHS, they always are whether home or away.  My hope is BHS is ready to play Garces.

Too much hype leads to too big a head and over confidence.
"Mr. President.  You don't pick winners and losers.  You pick LOSERS." Mitt Romney, October 3, 2012

TeddyKGB

You are wrong Ski, I don't have tunnel vision. Last season is meaningless as to what will happen next season. I am sure garces has as good a shot at knocking off the Drillers as does every team in the SWYL.
Hurd, guys like you always make me laugh with your holier than thou attitude. You for being a coach who has "been in the trenches" and has put in the sweat and tears are far too thin-skinned.

CoachSki

My point exactly BHS Alumni.  I have no doubt however that Golla will have his kids ready and focused.  It's gonna be a great game.

bchamp

Quote from: TeddyKGB on February 10, 2012, 06:22:22 PM
Who care, last time I checked the Drillers had nothing to do with Cypress...and Ski if you think the lambs are going to beat both Stockdale and the Drillers next season I have a beach front property in Oildale really cheap I need to get rid of. :)-

vaunt to vager?    if you have oildale beach front property for sale   it means someone got you to buy it first.

TeddyKGB

Sure, I'll wager that the Drillers beat garces...

bchamp

Quote from: TeddyKGB on February 14, 2012, 01:28:53 PM
Sure, I'll wager that the Drillers beat garces...

ok....drillers win, i post "get the roughnecks some mint jelly to go with their lamb dinner".   Rams win "????????????"

BHS_Alumni

It appears that the process to find a new coach is taking longer than hoped for.....  I heard from alumni there is a definite fracture between those that want Maples and those that want "New" coaching.  If they are looking to start over with a new head coach they should have started the process last year when they knew John was leaving, and yes they knew John was leaving before the season was over due to his unfortunate medical issue.

They will make the choice in the next couple of weeks.  Too short a time to really find a top flight coach by doing a search. 

Installing Maples will be a short term fix.  Mapes will tell all the parents that complain about their little prodigies not getting to play to get screwed and that will be the end.  I love Mapes but that is his demeanor.

I hope for the Garces parents and alumni that really care about the school and their sports programs take back controll and let their coaches coach.  While you are at it a new AD wouldn't hurt.  Football is your biggest money maker.  Have an AD that at least supports the football program.

Good Luck.  See you in the Fall for a great football game.
"Mr. President.  You don't pick winners and losers.  You pick LOSERS." Mitt Romney, October 3, 2012

CoachSki

Amen, let the coaches coach.  Let the admin do whatever it is that they do.  Im not sure why Maples is considered a short term fix.  He is only in his early 50s, is in much better health, and has renewed vigor for the program.  As for the AD, I don't think that she fails to support the football program.  I just think football politics are foreign to her and she lacks the ability to stand up for the coach when questioned or challenged.  I doubt the Powers really want a strong willed AD.

TeddyKGB

Ski, put your emotions aside for a moment. I think WWallace said it if the next HC is not on site it is not in the best interest of the program. Personally I don't care who they hire, they guy can be the manager of the Denny's for all I care I wouldn't root for garces if Coach Landry was coaching them.

UnbiasedOne

Quote from: CoachSki on February 16, 2012, 01:03:29 PM
Amen, let the coaches coach.  Let the admin do whatever it is that they do.  Im not sure why Maples is considered a short term fix.  He is only in his early 50s, is in much better health, and has renewed vigor for the program.  As for the AD, I don't think that she fails to support the football program.  I just think football politics are foreign to her and she lacks the ability to stand up for the coach when questioned or challenged.  I doubt the Powers really want a strong willed AD.

And that is a big problem with Garces.  They have to appease to those that line the pockets.  The squeakier the wheel, the greater the grease!
I drive really slow in the ultra fast lane while people behind me are going insane!  I'm an A******!

valleyfbfan

I doubt that the new head coach will be in place in the next two weeks, BHS alumni.  The job posting on the Garces web site says it is open until March 30, so 6 more weeks of guessing before the application deadline even gets here.

BHS_Alumni

Quote from: valleyfbfan on February 16, 2012, 02:01:58 PM
I doubt that the new head coach will be in place in the next two weeks, BHS alumni.  The job posting on the Garces web site says it is open until March 30, so 6 more weeks of guessing before the application deadline even gets here.

I heard they were going to make the decision sooner.  If that's the case Maples probably has it in the bag.  No way to get quality outside coaches in to interview that quickly. 

I hope for the best for the kids and Maples.  We will see how it pans out this fall.

Word2thewise

What other coaches are interested in the job? Will they stay in town or hire from outside?

CoachSki

I have only heard one other name mentioned, and I am aware of another who may apply.  I am sure they received lots of inquiries, but not sure who else officially applied.

Forceuser

I was just talking to Coach Maples and he told me that they are going to decide the new HC by April 22nd, his interview is on the 21st.  I was shocked, to say the least.  To me it shows how out of touch with athletics the Admin is,  they must be communicating using the pony express or carrier pigeon because nothing takes that long.
"All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today."
― Pope Paul VI

izne1home

Quote from: Forceuser on February 17, 2012, 10:38:01 AM
I was just talking to Coach Maples and he told me that they are going to decide the new HC by April 22nd, his interview is on the 21st.  I was shocked, to say the least.  To me it shows how out of touch with athletics the Admin is,  they must be communicating using the pony express or carrier pigeon because nothing takes that long.

Obviously, you have never tried to get something approved by the Pope. 

izne1home