News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

2019 Head Coaching Vacancies

Started by Coach Gutierrez, November 05, 2018, 02:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeddyKGB

Quote from: anthilllegend on March 01, 2019, 09:10:42 AM
The Golden Eagle "organization" of leaders, volunteers, donators, fund raisers, etc has collapsed.  Yes...........there is a problem at the "Teague Avenue Football Factory".......and no one on the campus to fix it!!!!!     

I fear that the same thing that was the undoing of "the Teague Avenue Football Factory" will be the same thing that kills the Drillers. The Drillers will be competitive because they will always have athletes, but as we all know if the admin is not committed to winning and willing to help the coach do what it takes to win it won't happen. Whats the saying, everyone loves sausage but no one wants to no how its made.

Eaglemeat

Quote from: Country Club Coach on March 01, 2019, 08:43:20 AM
CW should have never let Casey Quinn get away, (multiple times BTW).  Bakersfield would be smart to go after him now that he is in the south valley.

Let Quinn "get away"???  Caging a tiger like Quinn is a tougher task than you might think.  If he didnt like CN he wasnt staying at CW. 

TeddyKGB

I don't know the situation at CN, but I would have to guess that the admin has a lot to do with a coach not wanting to stay

Country Club Coach

Currently at CW how many are on campus that are also teachers?  Not security guards, not aids, but actual teachers?

TeddyKGB

Quote from: Country Club Coach on March 01, 2019, 12:26:05 PM
Currently at CW how many are on campus that are also teachers?  Not security guards, not aids, but actual teachers?

Country Club, I believe this is one of the biggest factors as to why the quality of football has slide. There are guys "coaching" that are not teacher, that is not to knock the walk on coach but for the most part I would wager that the guy that is a walk on and not a teacher is not doing everything he can to learn more about his craft.

Country Club Coach

Quote from: TeddyKGB on March 01, 2019, 12:30:22 PM
Country Club, I believe this is one of the biggest factors as to why the quality of football has slide. There are guys "coaching" that are not teacher, that is not to knock the walk on coach but for the most part I would wager that the guy that is a walk on and not a teacher is not doing everything he can to learn more about his craft.

It's also the possibility to assist in the weight room, the day 2 day monitoring of kids, and the influence they can have on the day 2 day routines.  I can find a walk on DB coach that will be there for a year, then move onto the next place.  Getting an on campus guy that can help coordinate multiple things and can TEACH, is invaluable.  You want to know why CW was great?  They had great players.  You want to know why CW was good, even when the players weren't as talented?  They had a good HC, with great teachers on campus that always coached.

TeddyKGB

the biggest problem I see with walk on that I see is that you can not exceed as much from someone that is already volunteering their time along with what you mentioned it also creates continuity within the staff and its much easier to sell and keep the proper culture within the program.

bigfan

Given the current circumstances at CW, the district priorities have changed.  The regime under Doc Buchanan for the most part have all retired.  The glory days of contending and winning year after year are memories.

Can a new head coach turn things around?  Maybe however he had better have a following of staff and kids that want to play for him to fast track things.  If not the stands will be almost empty sept for families and close friends hoping to see their son's team win this nights game.

Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.

izne1home

Quote from: Country Club Coach on March 01, 2019, 12:34:59 PM
You want to know why CW was great?  They had great players.  You want to know why CW was good, even when the players weren't as talented?  They had a good HC, with great teachers on campus that always coached.

What came first, the chicken or the egg?  When you lose your mojo, you lose your talent, then you lose your mojo, then you lose your talent, and cycle into mediocracy. 

TeddyKGB

Quote from: izne1home on March 01, 2019, 06:59:48 PM
What came first, the chicken or the egg?  When you lose your mojo, you lose your talent, then you lose your mojo, then you lose your talent, and cycle into mediocracy. 

this may explain your last performance in Vegas...

izne1home

Quote from: TeddyKGB on March 02, 2019, 03:31:40 PM
this may explain your last performance in Vegas...

Thank you Captain Obvious

bigfan

I was talking with some folks last night about CW and how district AD got on planes to visit coaching candidates...no mas.
Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.

Forceuser

The Central valley is still living in the stone age for coaching and expectations and pay.  So it comes down to Admin and totally on admin. 

You either have an admin that supports sports and activities.  They realize that sports and activities keep kids that are not academic types interested in school.  This Admin type find ways to help those that run important programs. They support them not only with ways to help financially, work schedule, but they also try to help by bringing in people who fit this mid set.

Or

You have an admin that looks at sports and activities as a necessary evil at the high school level.  They help when it's convenient, usually when it's the only convenient option.  These are unfortunately the most common.

So when pay is all about the same, coaching pay is the same, and expectations are the same (win).  It comes down to what the admin is willing to offer away from the usual things.  So when a coach finds a place that truly supports what they do, they don't leave.   Like wise if a job does not offer the support, you don't see many apply.
"All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today."
― Pope Paul VI

hardhitter23

I said it before. Its not just CW its CUSD as a whole. The times have changed. Central is the powerhouse in the TRAC and will be that way for a while. IF its not Basketball or Baseball. There is nothing there that are keeping football kids in Clovis period. High school football is currently like the NBA. Everyone wants to be apart of the super team and CW just doesnt have the guys right now to win with any coach. Just wait for it Buchanan, the mighty bear will fall too (which they couldnt even beat Central). This is not your 90's and early 2000's district anymore. 

Darth Backer

Quote from: hardhitter23 on March 04, 2019, 08:59:21 AM
I said it before. Its not just CW its CUSD as a whole. The times have changed. Central is the powerhouse in the TRAC and will be that way for a while. IF its not Basketball or Baseball. There is nothing there that are keeping football kids in Clovis period. High school football is currently like the NBA. Everyone wants to be apart of the super team and CW just doesnt have the guys right now to win with any coach. Just wait for it Buchanan, the mighty bear will fall too (which they couldnt even beat Central). This is not your 90's and early 2000's district anymore.

That being said, the structural advantage is still intact. (Director of Football, lower level padded football in district, etc.)

CoachJ

BHS followers, anyone have an idea where things are headed? Who's in the mix?

Bronco

Quote from: Darth Backer on March 04, 2019, 09:16:10 AM
That being said, the structural advantage is still intact. (Director of Football, lower level padded football in district, etc.)
What good does it do to be the director of sport when - by the time those kids are ready to play varsity football you have been replaced & so has the guy that replaced you. That's a problem.

Darth Backer

Quote from: Bronco on March 04, 2019, 08:36:59 PM
What good does it do to be the director of sport when - by the time those kids are ready to play varsity football you have been replaced & so has the guy that replaced you. That's a problem.

Agreed. And it further illustrates the problem of turnover. To some it means that the rest of caught up to me, it just means that Clovis isn't taking advantage of their advantage.

Bronco

Quote from: Darth Backer on March 05, 2019, 07:44:18 AM
Agreed. And it further illustrates the problem of turnover. To some it means that the rest of caught up to me, it just means that Clovis isn't taking advantage of their advantage.
They can't take advantage of there advantage because that just might mean that some administrator may anger a parent.

izne1home

Quote from: Darth Backer on March 05, 2019, 07:44:18 AM
to me it just means that Clovis isn't taking advantage of their advantage.

From the outside looking in, I would agree.  CUSD needs to get back in the saddle and dominate on and off the field.  It has all the horsepower it needs at its disposal.  The risk-averse play-nice attitude is not getting it done.  Who cares about an occasional lawsuit.  This is Clovis for Christ's sake.  It's a way of life. 

Go get a coach like Jim Hartigan and let the boosters handle the dirty work.  In a year or two, you will be riding herd just like the old days. 

izne1home