News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Central Section meeting of athletic directors This Morning

Started by Glenn, October 12, 2016, 10:06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coachhammer

Why is Garces so adamant the BCHS not be in the same league with them? Catholics vs. Protestants?
Tappin' or Nappin'--You make the choice!

eylchamps

Quote from: Darth Backer on October 13, 2016, 01:35:43 PM
I'm a little surprised that this conversation isn't getting a little attention here on the board with possible league changes being made.

I agree. Tulare Co schools are going to change if they like it or not.
WYL wishes they were the EYL

Darth Backer

I like the idea of Dinuba to the EYL, I think that's a great fit.

Glenn

Quote from: coachhammer on October 13, 2016, 01:44:11 PM
Why is Garces so adamant the BCHS not be in the same league with them? Catholics vs. Protestants?

it got be a good Reason for Not have Garces and BCHS  in the same League      I cant Figure  it  out but maybe Recuiters    in Bakerfield area  for thems 2 school ?
2015 CSL Champs  and 
2017 VC Runner up
2018  CSL Co Champs 
2018   State champs Runner up 

Send 2013  we be to Division Valley Playoff    

Ethel Ann Grimes Woodall
May 30 ,1938  to  April 27,2010

Glenn

Quote from: Darth Backer on October 13, 2016, 02:39:38 PM

I Like the Idea   with Dinuiba  Play EYL  their can handle  it  in  there

Tulare Union (Tulare, CA)    1   0   0   100%   5   1   0   83%
Tulare Western (Tulare, CA)       1   0   0   100%   4   2   0   67%
Mission Oak (Tulare, CA)       1   0   0   100%   2   4   0   33%
Monache (Porterville, CA)       0   1   0   0%   2   4   0   33%
Delano (CA)       0   1   0   0%   2   4   0   33%
Porterville (CA) 

Add Dinuba and Drop Delano   Sound  good Planning       Dinuba will  only drive to Tulare ca    or Portville   

I think Add Dinuba will make this League Strong   with Compitation  here   

With Dinuba 4-2   in CSL     

I tho Kingsburg and Exeter was Leave CSL     from what  I heard that was not bring  up to thems 
2015 CSL Champs  and 
2017 VC Runner up
2018  CSL Co Champs 
2018   State champs Runner up 

Send 2013  we be to Division Valley Playoff    

Ethel Ann Grimes Woodall
May 30 ,1938  to  April 27,2010

ThetruthBeTold

To bad  they couldn't drop Frontier and Independence.  Then add  Ridegview and Garces to the SYL.  Create a super league that rivals the TRAC.

CWClassof2007

Quote from: ThetruthBeTold on October 13, 2016, 03:28:36 PM
To bad  they couldn't drop Frontier and Independence.  Then add  Ridegview and Garces to the SYL.  Create a super league that rivals the TRAC.
I'm assuming you mean SWYL. Which Garces is already in & Independence is not.

eylchamps

Quote from: Darth Backer on October 13, 2016, 02:39:38 PM

Darth, as great as that sounds, it will not happen due to distance. Dinuba in WYL would be a better fit but additional changes to WYL is needed. Can CVC compete in the WYL?
WYL wishes they were the EYL

coachhammer

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on October 13, 2016, 08:16:03 PM
I'm assuming you mean SWYL. Which Garces is already in & Independence is not.
Independence was out to put Garces in. Independence never belonged in that league
Tappin' or Nappin'--You make the choice!

MonarchPride

Quote from: eylchamps on October 13, 2016, 10:24:35 PM
Darth, as great as that sounds, it will not happen due to distance. Dinuba in WYL would be a better fit but additional changes to WYL is needed. Can CVC compete in the WYL?

The simple answer to this is no. They simply don't have the student body population to compete at that level on a weekly basis. They may make a game of it from time to time with Golden West or Hanford West but even that might be asking a lot. CVC ebbs and flows with the other Visalia schools, so with Redwood on the rise they will lose some potential players there. When El Diamante was in its hay day, CVC was a sinking ship. 

Darth Backer

Well, it's pretty much a done deal.  Dinuba to Tulare is not a great distance. CVC will never sniff the WYL.

The Eye in the Sky

Quote from: Darth Backer on October 13, 2016, 01:35:43 PM
I'm a little surprised that this conversation isn't getting a little attention here on the board with possible league changes being made.

I along with 100% of Dinubians do not want to see us in the EYL. To us it would be like taking the Raiders out of the AFC West or the Cowboys out of the NFC East. The CSL gets up for one another week in and week out, to where every week is a rivalry game. We know there isn't a lot of attention to schools in the Sequoia Leagues, but not playing the likes of Kingsburg and Selma where to where families (related and not) over generations have went toe to toe on the playing field against one another just would not be right. The exact reason Reedley wants in.  I'm not talking just football either Wrestling, Baseball, Softball, Baseball, Basketball (boys and girls), are on a consistent basis of being very competitive amongst each other.
If we were to move into the EYL it would pretty much be nameless, faceless, teams that we would compete against. We don't know them, they don't know us and the loss of that Rivalry feeling every Friday night would not be the same. Granted competition is competition, but for me personally it is much more than just a placing a team here or there to fit someone's agenda.
Coach- " So they're gonna let you run the ball this year huh."
Player-" If they wanna win they will."

The Eye in the Sky

Quote from: Darth Backer on October 14, 2016, 07:43:17 AM
Well, it's pretty much a done deal.  Dinuba to Tulare is not a great distance. CVC will never sniff the WYL.

Dinuba to Porterville is

The Eye in the Sky

If you leave the CSL as is or add Reedley you would have 4-5 teams within a 15-20 mile radius (some closer) from each other. All very competitive with one another.

Darth Backer

You guys are missing the main point of these moves. There can no longer be odd amounts of teams in leagues for football reasons. The #1 issue is that the WYL has 7 teams. They are dropping Hanford West to get to 6 teams which places them more than likely into the CSL. Delano wants to move down to Bakersfield for travel reasons which means someone from the CSL has to move to the EYL. Dinuba is by FAR the biggest school in the CSL. It's ridiculous that they compete against Immanuel and CVC. Think about the Dinuba vs. CVC games... 350 vs. 1900.

MonarchPride

Quote from: The Eye in the Sky on October 14, 2016, 07:57:53 AM
I along with 100% of Dinubians do not want to see us in the EYL. To us it would be like taking the Raiders out of the AFC West or the Cowboys out of the NFC East. The CSL gets up for one another week in and week out, to where every week is a rivalry game. We know there isn't a lot of attention to schools in the Sequoia Leagues, but not playing the likes of Kingsburg and Selma where to where families (related and not) over generations have went toe to toe on the playing field against one another just would not be right. The exact reason Reedley wants in.  I'm not talking just football either Wrestling, Baseball, Softball, Baseball, Basketball (boys and girls), are on a consistent basis of being very competitive amongst each other.
If we were to move into the EYL it would pretty much be nameless, faceless, teams that we would compete against. We don't know them, they don't know us and the loss of that Rivalry feeling every Friday night would not be the same. Granted competition is competition, but for me personally it is much more than just a placing a team here or there to fit someone's agenda.

Take it as a compliment...Dinuba has simply outgrown the CSL. With  an 1,800 student body it's clear it's either time for Dinuba to build another HS or accept the facts. Selma is fast approaching those numbers and that is shown in their recent dominance. The CSL is by far the most diverse league containing schools from D5 up to D2(Dinuba). When it comes to league titles the deck is clearly stacked in your favor. You can still maintain those "Rival" games by scheduling them as non league games.

Darth Backer

Quote from: MonarchPride on October 14, 2016, 08:19:19 AM
Take it as a compliment...Dinuba has simply outgrown the CSL. With  an 1,800 student body it's clear it's either time for Dinuba to build another HS or accept the facts. Selma is fast approaching those numbers and that is shown in their recent dominance. The CSL is by far the most diverse league containing schools from D5 up to D2(Dinuba). When it comes to league titles the deck is clearly stacked in your favor. You can still maintain those "Rival" games by scheduling them as non league games.

Well stated. Kinda suspect that the Dinuba people are all clamoring to stay in a league with schools under 1000 population when they almost double that...  c'mon EYE in the SKY, step your game up!

The Eye in the Sky

Quote from: Darth Backer on October 14, 2016, 08:16:54 AM
You guys are missing the main point of these moves. There can no longer be odd amounts of teams in leagues for football reasons. The #1 issue is that the WYL has 7 teams. They are dropping Hanford West to get to 6 teams which places them more than likely into the CSL. Delano wants to move down to Bakersfield for travel reasons which means someone from the CSL has to move to the EYL. Dinuba is by FAR the biggest school in the CSL. It's ridiculous that they compete against Immanuel and CVC. Think about the Dinuba vs. CVC games... 350 vs. 1900.

I am not disagreeing with you on that your points, but the enrollment argument is basically football only, and private vs public has gone on and on for years on here and private conversations. Why not have a league with all private schools? Across the board in all sports have been knock down drag out series.
And by FAR you mean 100 students to Selma's 1800?
Believe me it's not the competition of a YOSEMITE league that I am against, as you can see how Coach schedules our preseason, and I would like to see Redwood added next season along with Sanger.
All of this because why??? Because Delano WANTS to move. So for whatever reason they have more say so on their travel when it's the exact same distance from Delano to Bakersfield as it is Delano to Tulare 30+miles give or take. When Dinuba, Reedley (Immanuel), Kingsburg, and Selma can drive less than 15 minutes to one another.

The Eye in the Sky

Quote from: Darth Backer on October 14, 2016, 08:20:45 AM
Well stated. Kinda suspect that the Dinuba people are all clamoring to stay in a league with schools under 1000 population when they almost double that...  c'mon EYE in the SKY, step your game up!

If it were up to me I would drop those schools and add Reedley and Sanger...and it's not like we aren't 2-1 vs the EYL this year anyway right. And went toe to toe in that loss. You are missing the point.

The Eye in the Sky

Quote from: The Eye in the Sky on October 14, 2016, 08:34:09 AM
If it were up to me I would drop those schools and add Reedley and Sanger

I've posted before create a CYL
Dinuba
Kingsburg
Selma
Reedley
Sanger
and add another team if need be