News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Justin Garza

Started by CWClassof2007, February 21, 2017, 09:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CWClassof2007

Not sure if this has been posted yet but Justin Garza passed away last night at 41.

diesel

That's awful.....a good man.....he'll be missed. RIP, Coach.......

footballfan

Great man and a wonderful human being.  Will be missed.

Spazzilla

This is incredibly saddening. I was just thinking about him this morning.  Godspeed, coach.
"This is the precept by which I have lived: Prepare for the worst; expect the best; and take what comes."
  - Hannah Arendt

Lurchy

Cancer Sucks....it takes people way too young.....

I had a chance to talk with him a few years back and was fortunate to know him.  We were able to share our experiences with the big "C" and I remember how he said he would never give up(Jimmy V reference) and keep fighting till the end. He made it another 5+ years....tough SOB with the type of "C" he had......

He fought a long, tough battle and now can rest.

I hope you are like me and will go home and hug your loved ones tonight......It can happen to anyone..

My thoughts are with his family....
"Nothing in life that is of value comes easy. If good things came easily then the value would be diminished. When we have a vested interest, when we give everything we have, then, and only then are those good times valuable."
― George M. Gilbert

Jazz

you mad bro?

We certainly lost a great coach and a better man.  Thought and prayers to the family.

Spazzilla

Quote from: Coach Garza on April 20, 2011, 09:17:23 PM
I would like to thank Coach Fowler for using his personal experience as a platform for this cause.  I will be there to support the families of those with cancer. I am currently in treatment for Hodkin's Lymphoma and am very thankful for all the prayers and support that I have received the last few months. They say being a coach is like being part of a special fraternity but in my experience I see it as being part of a family. I have been truly inspired by many of our coaches that have called and shared their stories about  much tougher circumstances than mine.

Justin Garza
"This is the precept by which I have lived: Prepare for the worst; expect the best; and take what comes."
  - Hannah Arendt

Spazzilla

- Hannah Arendt