News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Cowboys or Crimson Tide?

Started by Klin97, December 04, 2011, 09:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klin97

I think it's going to be a rematch for the national championship. Oklahoma states loss to Iowa state killed their chances, even though blew out Oklahoma. Opinions?

CWClassof2007

Quote from: Klin97 on December 04, 2011, 09:37:08 AM
I think it's going to be a rematch for the national championship. Oklahoma states loss to Iowa state killed their chances, even though blew out Oklahoma. Opinions?
I agree with you. Oklahoma State should get in over Alabama just because they won their conference. I think that needs to be a requirement to be in the championship. Of course we wouldn't be having this discussion if there was a playoff. I know someone is going to bring up how good the SEC because that had become cliche when having this argument.

Denver Viking

I'd rather see OSU as well. I don't think it matters though because LSU beats anyone by 2 TDs playing in New Orleans.

I think OSU has a better case than Bama even if their loss was worse. The plane crash affected them in their only loss which was on the road. Alabama lost at home to LSU. If 'bama were to win I still don't know if you can put them ahead of LSU since they will have split at that point. Either way, though, I don't see either Alabama or Oklahoma State beating LSU in an effective home game.
Go Kingsburg
Go Army, Beat Navy!
"I want an officer for a secret and dangerous mission. I want a West Point football player."  -- General George C. Marshall Chief of Staff, US Army, World War II

Glenn

Quote from: Denver Viking on December 04, 2011, 05:58:02 PM
I'd rather see OSU as well. I don't think it matters though because LSU beats anyone by 2 TDs playing in New Orleans.

I think OSU has a better case than Bama even if their loss was worse. The plane crash affected them in their only loss which was on the road. Alabama lost at home to LSU. If 'bama were to win I still don't know if you can put them ahead of LSU since they will have split at that point. Either way, though, I don't see either Alabama or Oklahoma State beating LSU in an effective home game.

well   it not a home game for LSU     theirs not play  at Death valley  in theirs staduim 

i understand  your Angry about this   but Big 12  have not beat  SEC  team   

Conference    Appearances    W    L    Pct    # Schools    School(s)
SEC    9    8    1    1.000    5    Florida (2-0)
LSU (2-0)
Alabama (1-0)
Tennessee (1-0)
Auburn (1-0)
Big 12    7    2    5    .286    3    Oklahoma (1-3)
Texas (1-1)
Nebraska (0-1)

2006–07 season
See also: 2006–07 NCAA football bowl games

These BCS bowl games were played following the 2006 regular season:

Monday, January 1, 2007 - Rose Bowl Game presented by Citi: #5 Southern California (10-2, Pac-10 champion) 32, #3 Michigan (11-1, Automatic "3-4 Rule"[17]) 18
    Monday, January 1, 2007 - Tostitos Fiesta Bowl: #8 Boise State[26] (12-0, WAC Champion, Automatic non-AQ) 43, #10 Oklahoma (11-2, Big 12 champion) 42 (OT)
    Tuesday, January 2, 2007 - FedEx Orange Bowl: #6 Louisville (11-1, Big East champion) 24, #14 Wake Forest (11-2, ACC champion) 13
    Wednesday, January 3, 2007 - Allstate Sugar Bowl: #4 LSU (10-2, At-large) 41, #11 Notre Dame (10-2, At-large) 14
    Monday, January 8, 2007 - Tostitos BCS National Championship: #2 Florida (11-1, BCS #2, SEC champion) 41, #1 Ohio State (12-0, BCS #1, Big Ten champion) 14

i think  theirs look at the past BCS champs games      theirs Pick Ohio State    theirs tho  theirs would match up  against Fla       everyone  want that  in 2006-07  season   Fla  Blew out  Ohio State by 41-14        alots of  peoples say theirs  Put the wrong team  in BCS  champs game   

it will be 6th straight year    SEC win BCS  champs game 
2015 CSL Champs  and 
2017 VC Runner up
2018  CSL Co Champs 
2018   State champs Runner up 

Send 2013  we be to Division Valley Playoff    

Ethel Ann Grimes Woodall
May 30 ,1938  to  April 27,2010

redwings

Quote from: Denver Viking on December 04, 2011, 05:58:02 PM

Alabama lost to the Number 1 team, OSU lost to Iowa State. I think that is enough said. But, if Alabama wins they are Number 1 because this is the game that matters. Just ask Bullard and Kingsburg.

CWClassof2007

I get were you are saying Glenn but it might as well be a home game for LSU. They're playing in the same state. 

Denver Viking

Quote from: redwings on December 04, 2011, 10:57:20 PM
Alabama lost to the Number 1 team, OSU lost to Iowa State. I think that is enough said. But, if Alabama wins they are Number 1 because this is the game that matters. Just ask Bullard and Kingsburg.

Of course, if they had played as tough a schedule as OSU they may have lost another one. We will never know which team was better. Frankly I think it will be better for OSU to play in the Fiesta as LSU will kill either team. If Alabama couldn't win at home, there is no way they win in N'Orleans.
Go Kingsburg
Go Army, Beat Navy!
"I want an officer for a secret and dangerous mission. I want a West Point football player."  -- General George C. Marshall Chief of Staff, US Army, World War II

Glenn

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on December 05, 2011, 03:07:46 AM
I get were you are saying Glenn but it might as well be a home game for LSU. They're playing in the same state. 

here some Infor for your guys 
Appearances by Team at  Sugar Bowl 
Rank    Team    Appearances    Record
1    Alabama    13      8-5
1    LSU    13    6-7
2015 CSL Champs  and 
2017 VC Runner up
2018  CSL Co Champs 

Ethel Ann Grimes Woodall

Glenn

Quote from: Denver Viking on December 05, 2011, 01:11:27 PM
Of course, if they had played as tough a schedule as OSU they may have lost another one. We will never know which team was better. Frankly I think it will be better for OSU to play in the Fiesta as LSU will kill either team. If Alabama couldn't win at home, there is no way they win in N'Orleans.

last time  someone told me  that 19  year  ago   in

Alabama Beats Miami in 1992 National Championship Game ...

all my Close freind from bama  told me  maimi Players  Meet Alabama  football team at the Air plane  told thems  get back  on the Plane  you going loss to US      bama   Didnt  Break down for Challange   against Miami smack talk 

everyone say that say thing    Alabama Didnt have a Chance   against Maimi   in N' Orleans     

I've watched Bama win a few National titles and this one was by far my favorite. Miami trash talked ALOT leading up to the game, plus all the "experts" and media just knew Miami would easily win. I laughed for daysafter watching this game.

gino Torretta - just another in the long line of lumbering, flat-footed Miami quarterbacks from the 80's and 90's (Testaverde, Kosar, etc). When they would play somebody with a quick and half-decent defense, it was fun to watch them squirm. When they would play a defense the caliber of Alabama's '92 defense, it was total meltdown! HAHAHA ROLL TIDE

January 1, 1993    vs. #1 Miami*    #2    Louisiana Superdome • New Orleans, Louisiana (Sugar Bowl)    W 34–13      76,789 

For the record  alabam can win  in N'orleans    so  Zip  it and watch  New team  win the nat title   

If Bama  can stop lee and Jefferson   Game  over   Bama  Win 
2015 CSL Champs  and 
2017 VC Runner up
2018  CSL Co Champs 

Ethel Ann Grimes Woodall

justabbfan

Quote from: Denver Viking on December 05, 2011, 01:11:27 PM

If your trying to say that OSU played a tougher schedule than Alabama, then your out of your mind..........OSU beat Texas A&M by 1 and KSU by 7 the only legit team they have played is OU, without 3 of their key players.....Arkansas will route KSU and then all of the hearsayers, and SEC haters will shut up......The two best teams in the country are playing for the title....If OSU thinks they should of gotten in why couldn't they get over a awful cyclones team....They made their bed.

taysdad

alabama strength of schedule #2 39.4, oklahoma st strength of schedule #9 at 34.5

Just the Tip

Mark me down for an Alabama win  8)

ETKilla

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on December 04, 2011, 10:04:35 AM
I agree with you. Oklahoma State should get in over Alabama just because they won their conference. I think that needs to be a requirement to be in the championship. Of course we wouldn't be having this discussion if there was a playoff. I know someone is going to bring up how good the SEC because that had become cliche when having this argument.

This is where a plus one comes in handy.  I dont need 16 team playoff or anything like that.  Take top 4 and play them.  Or top 6 and 2 get byes and play it out.  Best case to me would be top 8. bracket.  Take BCS rankings and order them.  would be 2 extra games.  Or only play 10 game year and it would be 1 extra game.  Very do-able. 
Mike Jones.  Who?  Mike Jones.  281-330-8004

taysdad

I agree ET. but there's always gonna be those teams that complain why not them, just like 3 does about the national championship. so you have top 4, then 5 and 6 will argue, so on and so forth. but i think there should for sure be a plus one. can still have all the other bowl games.

Glenn

Quote from: ETKilla on December 16, 2011, 11:04:49 AM
This is where a plus one comes in handy.  I dont need 16 team playoff or anything like that.  Take top 4 and play them.  Or top 6 and 2 get byes and play it out.  Best case to me would be top 8. bracket.  Take BCS rankings and order them.  would be 2 extra games.  Or only play 10 game year and it would be 1 extra game.  Very do-able. 

i Like that idea   what if the same  outcome  LSU vs Alabam  would  peoples   agree  that fair thing   ?  Not  b/c  Top7  to top 10 going  angry  why not theirs not  in that Playoff systems   
2015 CSL Champs  and 
2017 VC Runner up
2018  CSL Co Champs 

Ethel Ann Grimes Woodall

Denver Viking

Quote from: taysdad on December 16, 2011, 11:22:13 AM
I agree ET. but there's always gonna be those teams that complain why not them, just like 3 does about the national championship. so you have top 4, then 5 and 6 will argue, so on and so forth. but i think there should for sure be a plus one. can still have all the other bowl games.

True, but the #3 team probably has a legitimate chance to win a championship in a +1. The #9 team or #17 team has less of a legitimate chance to win the championship. Just like the 65th team (or is it 69th now?) has virtually no chance to win the NCAA basketball tourney.
Go Kingsburg
Go Army, Beat Navy!

Scott VanHoosier

I would love to see the regular season shorten by a game or 2 and put more emphasis on league champions (seriously, if you aren't a league champ you don't deserve to be a nat'l champ!). Have all the league champions play a tourney in last week of nov till X-mas time.  Let the bowls be the consolation games and the nat'l title game pit the two remaining teams.  It's hilarious that they say FBS athletes can't afford to miss school &etc but FCS schools have had a tourney since the beginning of time
"I can eat a box of cookies tonight. Can you do that? No. Because you're nothin' but a fart-faced kid."

flexmac3

Quote from: Scott VanHoosier on December 17, 2011, 10:11:01 PM
I would love to see the regular season shorten by a game or 2 and put more emphasis on league champions (seriously, if you aren't a league champ you don't deserve to be a nat'l champ!). Have all the league champions play a tourney in last week of nov till X-mas time.  Let the bowls be the consolation games and the nat'l title game pit the two remaining teams.  It's hilarious that they say FBS athletes can't afford to miss school &etc but FCS schools have had a tourney since the beginning of time
Follow the money.

Scott VanHoosier

Quote from: flexmac3 on December 17, 2011, 10:30:40 PM
Follow the money.
The TV revenue from my scenario would be off the charts.  It would be on par with march madness.  If the NCAA wasn't so corrupt they would distribute the money evenly throughout its members and everyone would benefit.
"I can eat a box of cookies tonight. Can you do that? No. Because you're nothin' but a fart-faced kid."

Denver Viking

Quote from: Scott VanHoosier on December 18, 2011, 01:07:13 PM
The TV revenue from my scenario would be off the charts.  It would be on par with march madness.  If the NCAA wasn't so corrupt they would distribute the money evenly throughout its members and everyone would benefit.

I agree. It isn't the NCAA in football though. The conferences are in charge of everything and the NCAA has very little power. The NCAA doesn't take care of bowls, TV or anything except rules. I actually think that if the NCAA was in charge of TV and postseason you would see a playoff.
Go Kingsburg
Go Army, Beat Navy!

Denver Viking

Go Kingsburg
Go Army, Beat Navy!