News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Justin Blackmon

Started by GoldenHawksFootball, January 02, 2012, 11:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldenHawksFootball

Impressive tonight! Looks like a can't miss all pro NFL ready type of player. Personally I see him coming right in and contributing right away to whoever drafts him. Maybe even making the pro bowl and rookie of the year. The league likes those big targets- Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, AJ Green fast strong wide outs. He seems to fit this bill pretty nicely. If the Colts take Luck he will more than likely play back up to Manning. But since the Colts let go of the Polian brothers and another Polian at Stanford was connected. You never know. They just might start over. They'd be stupid not to take Luck. Although Irsay did say Manning was his QB. But the Colts need more help than the QB to get back to their super bowl form.

Denver Viking

I think the biggest positive for Blackmon is his work ethic. From what I hear, he's always busting his tail. Lots of WRs have a bit of a diva-type attitude and aren't interested in working hard once they get drafted high.

On the other side, Blackmon is only 6'1" so he's not as big as those other WRs. He does work hard in all aspects of the game, however, including blocking.
Go Kingsburg
Go Army, Beat Navy!
"I want an officer for a secret and dangerous mission. I want a West Point football player."  -- General George C. Marshall Chief of Staff, US Army, World War II

The Eye in the Sky

Justin Blackmon is what's refered to as  "A Balla for Real"
Coach- " So they're gonna let you run the ball this year huh."
Player-" If they wanna win they will."

OriginalCVFan

Does anyone that graduated HS actually use the term BALLA :huh:
]

The Eye in the Sky

Quote from: OriginalCVFan on January 03, 2012, 08:14:54 PM

It's a little bit of an inside joke between one of my high school coaches and I that I'll let you in on.
Back when Edgeran James signed with Arizona Cardinals he was being interviewed. The reporter asked if Edge was aware of the losing track record that the organization has been under. James replied, "Maan, I don't care about all that.....I'm a Balla for Real"
So now everytime we are watching a game together and someone is getting lose or makes a highlight type play one of us will say "Now that's a Balla for Real"
Coach- " So they're gonna let you run the ball this year huh."
Player-" If they wanna win they will."

Scott VanHoosier

Quote from: OriginalCVFan on January 03, 2012, 08:14:54 PM
Only if you graduated from Bullard
"I can eat a box of cookies tonight. Can you do that? No. Because you're nothin' but a fart-faced kid."

Scott VanHoosier

"I can eat a box of cookies tonight. Can you do that? No. Because you're nothin' but a fart-faced kid."