News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

track and field indoor state championships

Started by tracknut, January 05, 2011, 07:57:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tracknut

will be held this season in feb 26th at save mart center.  there are 8 qualifier meets this year throughout the state.  there is still only one here in the central valley.  our qualifier will be held on sat. feb 5th in kingsburg.  more information will follow later on today
Some do, Some don't, I might!

Frontier

'Run For The Dream Indoor Track & Field Invitational'
EVENT DETAILS
Date: 27-Feb-2011

Time:
Begins at 10:00 a.m.

2650 E. Shaw Ave.
Fresno, CA 93710

Details:
Saturday, February 26th UCS Spirit - University Division 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
California Community College Indoor Team Championships 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
VS Athletics - California State High School Indoor Meet 3:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Sunday, February 27th GOT MILK?-Youth Track and Field West Coast Championships 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Refuel with Chocolate Milk Nationwide Tour Elite, Open and Masters Division Championships 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm www.runforthedream.com Website: www.runforthedream.com

tracknut

Thanks Frontier for posting up the big meet info.

There are 8 qualifying meets all over the state for the right to move onto the state meet.  The only one held in the valley will be in Kingsburg.

Feb. 5th starting at 11:00. 

We had 168 athletes show up last year with very little press ahead of time.  Most coaches know of this meet now so we are expecting a bigger turnout.

Great early season meet to come watch.  Low key, great facility, different races than a regular season meet, and suprisingly impressive results last year for being so early in the season.

Frontier

It's a lot more of an appearance from the Fresno schools. I remember last year Clovis North and Edison had a butt load of people show up. I would say over 15 from each squad! On the Bakersfield side, you can't expect more than 5 a school. You'll get a few out of taft, around 5 from Frontier, and a few out of Stockdale. Then you add in the single athletes that come out there for their respectful event. Can't wait though for the meet, I've been so siked to run out at Kingsburg again.

tracknut

frontier,  u still in hs or a coach?  i'll be busy running the meet but make sure to look me up.  good luck regardless and thanks for hyping the meet for us!

Frontier

Naw, I'm a runner. Going into my senior year. I'm the captain for our team :) But, me and two of our returning guys are going out there to do the 4x400. Just try'na get some feel for the Kingsburg track - a fast track at that - and just get in some good marks before the season since the Lee Adams Meet was cancelled.

ole hooker

Tracknut... Does not look like Katie is going :d: ... College trips.. :u: ... The rest of our kids are mostly in Winter sports. Did you get those awesome little 8th Graders in?

tracknut

8th graders don't compete in the qualifier.  they go straight to the big meet, and yes we have a few from our feeder schools preparing already.  so if you aren't going to be coaching anyone you can come help run the meet right?!  :) 

ole hooker

Booked already my friend  :d:... you guys have it the same weekend as our annual Baseball Golf tourney fundraiser...Which I bbq for.... so put Sprague in charge come to Exeter and have BBQ provided by YOURS truly... :u:

tracknut

wouldn't know what your bbq is like my friend.  Never been invited.  ;p

Sprague in charge?!?!   :(   :shock:   :huh:   :cry:   ;)

wait till he read this!  I might get fired.   :D

3 weeks till the meet.  I can't believe it's track season already!

tracknut

13 days to go.  i have some work to do.  prayin' for some good weather and a great turnout.  spread the word folks!

tracknut

Frontier

Startin' to feel like track season again. Can't wait!

ole hooker

tracknut

are you freaking kidding me?  that's one sixth of the school.  win a few vc's in boys tennis, and girls softball plus have a fantastic pool like ours and try to draw the number.  :p  we'll be at or near 60 when winter sports let out which will be our biggest team since 1990.  heard sanger had 140 on day one!  great news for track fans!

Frontier

Frontier always gets a hefty amount .. but lots of our kids double up in sports. Always have to wait until the first meet to get the big number due to most of our D II programs having success in playoffs. But that's probably more than we'll have. That's a great amount. I wonder what the favorite sport on school is......  :u:

tracknut

frontier,  make sure to look me up.  i'll be wearing a green and gold baggy jacket, a green baseball cap, and black sweats.  name's coach crass and i'll likely be wandering the infield going back and forth between the field events.  would be nice to put a face with the name and wish you good luck in person.

Frontier

Alrighty, I'll be in the 4x400. We got a good team meshed together. Not much competition in this event though I'll add. We're only going to be going for a time. Best of luck on running it - we're lucky to have such great weather!  :u: (knock on wood).

Frontier