News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

New Buchanan Coach??

Started by ETKilla, January 24, 2013, 10:27:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ETKilla

So who will take over the reigns? 
Mike Jones.  Who?  Mike Jones.  281-330-8004

Coach Hurd

The line will be long and very talented. National search for sure, but with the local talent they need not do that in my opinion.

BIG SKIN

Quote from: Coach Hurd on January 24, 2013, 10:57:39 AM
The line will be long and very talented. National search for sure, but with the local talent they need not do that in my opinion.
Maybe the Biggs clan can unite ....LOL
Poor people have voted DEMOCRAT for the last 50 years.....GUESS what....they are STILL POOR.

ETKilla

Maybe Murph can make an appearance back in the valley  :D :shock:

valleyfbfan

No double wing at Buchanan!!!

Just_A_Fan

Quote from: valleyfbfan on January 24, 2013, 11:06:58 AM
No double wing at Buchanan!!!

Think I'm going to be sick...please NOOOOOO  :cry:

ETKilla

Quote from: Just_A_Fan on January 24, 2013, 11:09:50 AM
Think I'm going to be sick...please NOOOOOO  :cry:

Ok maybe the read-option then.  No double wing.

I hear Ricky Mannings available.... :)

Coach Hurd

ET, phone for you......

Someone named Debby........ :shock:

steve-o

Quote from: Coach Hurd on January 24, 2013, 11:27:48 AM
ET, phone for you......

Someone named Debby........ :shock:
wrong on so many levels........lol
if your not cheating your not trying!!

Just_A_Fan

Quote from: ETKilla on January 24, 2013, 11:24:58 AM
Ok maybe the read-option then.  No double wing.

I hear Ricky Mannings available.... :)

LOL   :u:

christhepunter

Proposterous people like the Hurd will poo-poo this, but Casey Quinn is one of the only people around qualified in both football knowledge and program building to make that sleeping giant awake.  Central was a bottom feeder, before Quinn made it a year round program....plus he is familiar with the CUSD way, and would flourish even more with the district and community support that Clovis brings.

Just_A_Fan

Quote from: christhepunter on January 24, 2013, 12:48:55 PM
Proposterous people like the Hurd will poo-poo this, but Casey Quinn is one of the only people around qualified in both football knowledge and program building to make that sleeping giant awake.  Central was a bottom feeder, before Quinn made it a year round program....plus he is familiar with the CUSD way, and would flourish even more with the district and community support that Clovis brings.

Hadn't thought about coach Quinn.  He might be a good fit.  Will be interesting to see what happens.

REAL TALK

I think "almighty" hurd should apply since all he wants is what's "best" for the kids.  He would be a "great" hire.  :cry: :cry: :cry: Anyone who "cares about kids" as much as he does should be head coach.  He would probably let the kids do what ever they wanted because that's what they think is "best for them" and cave to every parent demand because they know what's "best" for the kids.   :d: :d: :d: :d:

crystalftbl

Quote from: christhepunter on January 24, 2013, 12:48:55 PM
Central wasn't a bottom feeder before Quinn got there.  In fact, Quinn did nothing that Koligian did not already accomplish there.  Moreover, bringing back the 'old regime' in Garza and Koligian resulted in more than Quinn ever accomplished.....plus the kids were happier and more disciplined.

ETKilla

Quote from: crystalftbl on January 24, 2013, 02:11:27 PM
Central wasn't a bottom feeder before Quinn got there.  In fact, Quinn did nothing that Koligian did not already accomplish there.  Moreover, bringing back the 'old regime' in Garza and Koligian resulted in more than Quinn ever accomplished.....plus the kids were happier and more disciplined.

Garza should have waited another year to make the jump to the TRAC, he's doomed in Central.  Sorry Central appologists they just can get it done.

Just_A_Fan

Quote from: ETKilla on January 24, 2013, 02:13:07 PM
Garza should have waited another year to make the jump to the TRAC, he's doomed in Central.  Sorry Central appologists they just can get it done.

Ouch....can someone please pull that dagger out?   :D

OriginalCVFan

Thank you for saying what I was going to say.

]

christhepunter

You can say what you want, Quinn changed the culture at Central for the better, and if you dispute that your just plain ignorant.  Garza is a great coach and a great fit to take over what Quinn and Co. built.  And believe me I think Garza will continue to build on it. Remember, Centrals last TRAC championship was 11 years ago before they won another co-championship last year.  Were they contenders in 2006? 2007? 2008? Also previous to Quinn there were much more academic and discipline issues.  There will always be discipline issues at Central, even with Vince Lombardi's ghost coaching.  Quinn put the building blocks in place to make Central worth talking about every year.  That is exactly what a Clovis School is looking for, a man that understands the work it will take to build from the ground up a legitimate program.  Most people (most coaches in this area) have no clue what building a full service football program is all about.

Coach Hurd

Chris: " Most people (most coaches in this area) have no clue what building a full service football program is all about."

Chris, first, tell us what a "full service football program" is?

Secondly, with that statement, you, christhepunter, knows how to implement a "full service football program". Could we convince you to share that information? I know for one, Real Talk could use the information and I would be very interested in that knowledge as well. I'm here to learn.

Third, Chris, how old are you Chris?

Respectfully,

Coach Hurd

christhepunter

Im not going to write a three page dissertation describing the steps and focuses that a full service program is. 

However here are some highlights of things my program would have incoported.

I have seen big and small school coaches, naivety of some of these guys is remarkable.  The hours put in to coaching in the TRAC and CMAC greatly outweigh the hours put in by not only head but assistant coaches in the smaller leagues.  And don't tell me its about money, because the stipends in the TRAC schools are generally smaller!   

Academics (smart players make smart plays)
Program Discipline Schedule
Community and School development
Developing feeder programs (jr high and lower)-clinics and teaching periods for lower levels
Hiring Assistant Coaches
Professional Development for high school staff
Off-season camps (including jr high and pop warner)
Managing booster club and finances
Advertising your program
And finally X's and O's

christhepunter