News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

New Coordinator's

Started by Lock down DB, April 17, 2014, 06:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

obiwan

Quote from: IceL on April 20, 2014, 01:19:25 PM
Central is looking for a new OC Mark Hetherington took the OC job at Fresno City College.

I believe he's just coaching the QBs.

IceL

Quote from: obiwan on April 20, 2014, 02:35:34 PM
I believe he's just coaching the QBs.

I stand corrected, I say it's a good hire for FCC the expectations are going to be very high with Rossi at QB and with the their conference alignment with FCC going up against Chabot, Laney, Modesto, San Joaquin Delta & COS, the 4 team playoff (3 conference champions and 1 Wild Card) looking forward to seeing this team in August.
Herba-life, Workout, All Day, Fresno, You know, who are we, 24 Fit, Who am I, I am a Champion!, How do you feel, Great, What time is it, Shake time. #HERBALIFE #24FIT #FRESNO

CWClassof2007

Quote from: IceL on April 20, 2014, 11:40:22 PM
I stand corrected, I say it's a good hire for FCC the expectations are going to be very high with Rossi at QB and with the their conference alignment with FCC going up against Chabot, Laney, Modesto, San Joaquin Delta & COS, the 4 team playoff (3 conference champions and 1 Wild Card) looking forward to seeing this team in August.
Is there a new conference & playoff format next season!

BRONCO2015

Quote from: IceL on April 20, 2014, 11:40:22 PM

Rossi at QB for FCC. Sounds familiar...  :D

Well, timing is everything evidently. He'll do great at FCC, and perhaps go on to bigger things. Good luck to Christian, pulling for that kid! Great athlete...stay healthy!

Give 'em heck!    :u:
Why do they use costly new sterile needles to give a lethal injection? Really. Just save the same friggin' needle.

IceL

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on April 21, 2014, 07:47:10 AM
Is there a new conference & playoff format next season!

Yes!

Northern California will have a 4 team playoff system next season 3 conference champions and 1 wild card, the new conference alignments

Bay 6 Conference
- De Anza
- Diablo Valley
- Foothill
- City College of San Francisco (Link down below)
- San Mateo
- Santa Rosa

Nor Cal Conference
- American River
- Butte (Defending State and National Champions!)
- Feather River
- Sacramento City College
- Sierra College
- College of the Siskiyous

Central Valley Conference
- Chabot
- Fresno City College
- Laney
- Modesto
- San Joaquin Delta
- College of the Sequoias

CCSF is facing possible closure because their accreditation may get revoked.
http://www.sfexaminer.com/sanfrancisco/trial-date-set-for-ccsf-accreditation-lawsuit/Content?oid=2753842
Herba-life, Workout, All Day, Fresno, You know, who are we, 24 Fit, Who am I, I am a Champion!, How do you feel, Great, What time is it, Shake time. #HERBALIFE #24FIT #FRESNO

Jax

That's just the National division of Northern California...

Here is the American division:

American Division

Golden Coast: Merced, Cabrillo, Gavilan, Monterey Peninsula, Hartnell, Reedley, West Hills

Pacific 7: Contra Costa, Los Medanos, Mendocino, Redwoods, San Jose, Shasta, Yuba

02Champs

What about some of the other big schools out there?  Bullard, CW, Buchanan, Central or any movement in any of the Bako Schools.  I want to say I heard that Johns was retiring at Clovis as well.  Any one else hear the same?  I hope this is not true because that man has given OC's fits for years. 

christhepunter

Justin Janzer is the new DC at Buchanan, young, talented, and energetic coach, really connects with his players.  Former DC @ Central under CQ.  Coached DB's with Hartigan at CW, WR's for Garza for a year @ Central, Safety coach last year at Buchanan. 

izne1home

Quote from: christhepunter on April 22, 2014, 07:31:39 AM
Justin Janzer is the new DC at Buchanan, young, talented, and energetic coach, really connects with his players.  Former DC @ Central under CQ.  Coached DB's with Hartigan at CW, WR's for Garza for a year @ Central, Safety coach last year at Buchanan. 

Resume builder.  JJ is a great coach and motivator. 

Coach Gutierrez

Exeter will have Tyler Antenore as their new DC. He was Farmersville's OC last year and Mt Whitney's JV DC 2 years prior to that. Works well with DBs and works hard in the film room.

Quinntheeskimo

Quote from: Respect-the-Game on April 18, 2014, 07:14:01 PM

I'll try this again. Water cooler talk, no proof, just what I was told.

Branstatter has been hired and is on campus teaching, coaching and running the weight room. Only 3 or 4 of last years coaches are still on staff is what I was told. The new coaches that were seen, are supposedly coaches from Bullard and C.N. maybe another coach from another school. Again, it's what was passed on to me, let's call it a rumor.  Pretty sensitive huh Jay?
Tony Perry is back at Edison...or so I've been told.

whitemarbles

Quote from: Quinntheeskimo on April 23, 2014, 06:04:28 PM
Tony Perry is back at Edison...or so I've been told.
Confirmed.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is. –Vince Lombardi

Grizz51

Quote from: Lock down DB on April 19, 2014, 10:41:28 PM
I heard That Riverdale, Sierra Pacific,Coalinga and Corcoran all got new OC'S. some one who loves the small schools can you help me out? and the impact of this?
I am pretty sure that Rich Lane at Corcoran is his own OC.
Remember, it's all about the kids......

Division IV Junkie

Quote from: Grizz51 on April 23, 2014, 09:44:51 PM
I am pretty sure that Rich Lane at Corcoran is his own OC.

I know at Coalinga there were a number of issues with the old HC and the offense.  I have heard great things about Coach Lewis and he has a good opportunity to build Coalinga back up.  Its better to take over a team that is down rather then up.  With a down program you have no where to go but up.  With a program that is superior, you would get blamed for any decline that takes place.
I have a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!

christhepunter

Quote from: izne1home on April 22, 2014, 08:29:08 AM
Resume builder.  JJ is a great coach and motivator. 

Coach Janzer's resume is impressive, and he is of high character, I hope he gets the opportunity to really put his impression on the Buchanan defense.

DarthVeer

Grizz51 learned a lot from you last year. The biggest thing is that I needed some fresh perspective. So I will hand the DC roles this year and Chris Martinez will call the offense for us. It should be very interesting!

Whoson1st

A Message from the Office of the President
John Fanucchi
Dear Garces  Memorial High School Community,

I am excited to announce that Guy Dees has been appointed as the Dean of Students and Joan Finch has been appointed as the Athletic Director for Garces Memorial High School beginning academic year 2014-2015.  Both of these outstanding individuals understand and embrace the importance and value of Catholic schools and Catholic education.   They bring to their respective positions passion, commitment, professionalism, and deep personal faith that will serve our school, our students, our families, and the entire Garces Memorial High School community well. 

Please join me in welcoming Joan and Guy to their new positions.

John Fanucchi
President

Lurchy

9 time Marmonte East league champion and 2 time CIF state champion Coach Todd Therrien (Former head coach of St. Bonaventure) is in the process of taking over as Clovis North's DC. 

He is preparing to pack up and move his family out of L.A. to the Clovis area. :u:

I think he landed in a great place!  There are some pretty good athletes around here that play defense for the Broncos! ;)

"Nothing in life that is of value comes easy. If good things came easily then the value would be diminished. When we have a vested interest, when we give everything we have, then, and only then are those good times valuable."
― George M. Gilbert

BRONCO2015

Quote from: Lurchy on May 05, 2014, 10:44:32 PM
9 time Marmonte East league champion and 2 time CIF state champion Coach Todd Therrien (Former head coach of St. Bonaventure) is in the process of taking over as Clovis North's DC. 

He is preparing to pack up and move his family out of L.A. to the Clovis area. :u:

I think he landed in a great place!  There are some pretty good athletes around here that play defense for the Broncos! ;)

Just throwing this out there... but could this be an audition or ramp up for the HC position? A chance to come under the umbrella of Coach Simons, see how Bronco football is run, what the expectations are, get a feel for the CUSD. This guy has a pretty impressive record coming from St. Bonaventure. He wasn't the head coach last season, so I will assume he was loooking for another HC position. He coached six seasons with two State Championships according to MaxPreps.

Does anyone share that thought as a possibility? Bring a quality guy into the fold, get him groomed for the position by the guru of Bronco football, Tim Simons... Then when everything is in place, turn the program over to him? Just a thought...
Why do they use costly new sterile needles to give a lethal injection? Really. Just save the same friggin' needle.

BRONCO2015