News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

New Coaching Openings

Started by CoachJackieS, December 08, 2014, 06:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PitPride65

Quote from: Crab Legs on May 05, 2015, 07:52:03 AM

Kerman needs a young coach, who is ambitious, but also sees Kerman as more than just a stepping stone.  The question is, does that person even exist?  And would he be willing to come in this late?

I believe Kerman High School is an ideal place to be the HC. It is a one team town where a coach can emerge himself in a community that supports the program. The feeder program has been set up, it has tradition that needs to be shown, and the league and playoff division are top notch to push those student-athletes. I see it as a place that can have achieve at a very high level and find its way like Sanger, Taft, Wasco, Chowchilla, Exeter, and Kingsburg have all  proved for smaller sized towns.
I like to believe that my best hits border on felonious assault.  ~Jack Tatum

Coach Gutierrez

Central (D1) - Mark Hetherinton
Centennial (D1) - Chad Brown
Garces (D2) - AJ Gass
Sunnyside (D2) - Gordon Wood
Kingsburg (D2) - Dave Wilson
BCHS (D3) - Darren Carr
North (D3) - Norm Brown
Independence (D3) - Lucas Lucero
Hanford West (D4) - Mark Stanley
Selma (D4) - Matt Logue
Taft (D4) - George Falgout
Kerman (D4) - Anthony Taylor
Dos Palos (D5) - Rob Calvert
Corcoran (D5) - Nick Campbell
Lindsay (D5) - Matthew Mendonca
Orosi (D5) - Frankie Manquero
Yosemite (D5) - JD Burnett
Caruthers (D5) - Brandon Ward
Frazier Mountain (D6)

So that just leaves Frazier Mt. I recall someone mentioning that they might pull the plug on football.

ironman45

isnt RIVERDALE open too??

Glenn

Quote from: Forceuser on May 05, 2015, 08:23:22 AM
I think there are a few of us left that actually want to go to a school and just build, and stay forever.  Here is the problem, I think many times admin don't see it that way.  How can you fault a coach that goes and gets more money, a better schedule, or any type of betterment.  The retention thing is a two way street.  If a school makes it the best job a coach could ask for, then many times I think guys will stay.   I know I would.

i agree with ya   Forceuser 

Some Leave Better Paycheck   
Some Leave  b/c Parents  Stresss   thems coach Out   
Some Leave  the Board force thems  out   

i Knew fews Head Football  Coach didnt have to worry bout that for 27  Years

Wallace  Davis
29 Year at Carver High school
127-167-2

8 of  his 29  Year  there  have Winning Season   

Nathan Rustin 
23  Year at Pacelli
95-141-1

8 of his 23 Year   with 10-2  in 1985 

Robert Davis 

36  year at Warmer robinsand westside macon 
352-74-1 
Manys League title and fews State title   
2015 CSL Champs  and 
2017 VC Runner up
2018  CSL Co Champs 
2018   State champs Runner up 

Send 2013  we be to Division Valley Playoff    

Ethel Ann Grimes Woodall
May 30 ,1938  to  April 27,2010

Grizz51

Is there a coaching change at Avenal? I heard that Mike Crews took over, does anyone know?
Remember, it's all about the kids......

mkb152

Quote from: obiwan on May 04, 2015, 01:41:53 PM

Kerman can't afford to go interim. They need to get a coach who is ready to take on the challenges of being a head coach in that league. Kerman may be in trouble.

I think going interim is often better than grasping for straws in May.  If there is serious positive direction and the coaching situation works, you can always remove the interim tag.  Otherwise , it's way more manageable to find a suitable coach for a program if you start searching in Dec or Jan.

Bronco

Quote from: mkb152 on May 14, 2015, 08:37:33 PM
I think going interim is often better than grasping for straws in May.  If there is serious positive direction and the coaching situation works, you can always remove the interim tag.  Otherwise , it's way more manageable to find a suitable coach for a program if you start searching in Dec or Jan.
In todays "me / now" world just about every Head Football coaching job is "interim" . School districts DO NOT pay to field a Program , they only supply  players & some of the facilities. School districts rely on "Boosters" & Head Coaches to fund most of the Program. They usually feel that they have some sort of control over the HC (esp if they might give him a job) BUT they usually fear conflict of any kind with the so called boosters because they feel that they need the $$$ to field the team . What they usually fail to realize is that most of those "boosters" are in it for the short term & are only supplying money / time / energy / etc for as long as the "program" can give them what ever it is they want / think they can get - from it. That is for the most part - that said - I have met some real "Boosters" in my day who really do care about the Program / the kids in it / and the things that are trying to be accomplished for the kids involved & the school & community that the Program represents : MY HAT IS OFF TO THOSE FOLKS  :u:

Coach Gutierrez

Quote from: Grizz51 on May 14, 2015, 10:18:53 AM
Is there a coaching change at Avenal? I heard that Mike Crews took over, does anyone know?

Central (D1) - Mark Hetherinton
Centennial (D1) - Chad Brown
Garces (D2) - AJ Gass
Sunnyside (D2) - Gordon Wood
Kingsburg (D2) - Dave Wilson
BCHS (D3) - Darren Carr
North (D3) - Norm Brown
Independence (D3) - Lucas Lucero
Hanford West (D4) - Mark Stanley
Selma (D4) - Matt Logue
Taft (D4) - George Falgout
Kerman (D4) - Anthony Taylor
Dos Palos (D5) - Rob Calvert
Corcoran (D5) - Nick Campbell
Lindsay (D5) - Matthew Mendonca
Orosi (D5) - Frankie Manquero
Yosemite (D5) - JD Burnett
Caruthers (D5) - Brandon Ward
AVENAL (D6) - Mike Crews
Frazier Mountain (D6) - Mark Sandall

Yes Mike Crews is now at Avenal. Anyone know what's the situation in Riverdale? Other than that everyone seems filled.

#GOEAGLES

Quote from: Coach Gutierrez on May 18, 2015, 09:44:35 AM

Yes Mike Crews is now at Avenal. Anyone know what's the situation in Riverdale? Other than that everyone seems filled.

Still Brian Close isnt't it?

TeddyKGB

What happen with Crews, wasn't he at Selma or something like that?

Coach Gutierrez

Quote from: #GOEAGLES on May 18, 2015, 02:18:20 PM
Still Brian Close isnt't it?

That's what I figured, I was just asking due to Ironman45's questioning.

ironman45

i only ask because on the Cif Central site, theres a posting for the head position, but in the details it say offensive coordinator.....so thats probably why i was confused

ironman45