News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Valley Players in Bowl Games

Started by CWClassof2007, December 30, 2010, 09:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CWClassof2007

Other than the guys on Fresno State. Bray had a good night other than the picks. Fellner is doing good against Nebraska. Had a pick to make up for a stupid late hit. Then Cliff Harris will be playing in the championship game and he can be a game changer. Am I missing anyone else?

Murrow78

Drew Howell will also be in the championship game. Freshman long snapper :D
Integrity is doing the right thing, even if no one else is watching. It is the essence of everything successful. A heart needs only its own voice to do what is right.

CWClassof2007

Quote from: Murrow78 on December 30, 2010, 10:21:09 PM
Drew Howell will also be in the championship game. Freshman long snapper :D

What school did he go to?

drillakilla

matt darr. haven't followed vol football at all, just know he's on the team. not sure if he's the "starting" punter
"That's a team, gentlemen and either we heal now, as a team, or we will die as individuals."

Murrow78

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on December 30, 2010, 10:42:49 PM
What school did he go to?
Tehachapi High School. Even though he was the #1 long snapper in the country last year he probably could have went to a D2 school as a linebacker in my opinion. He started three years on varsity at guard and for two at linebacker. He made all-area last year for both sides of the ball. Probably the most dedicated guy I've ever played with. Heck of a player.
Integrity is doing the right thing, even if no one else is watching. It is the essence of everything successful. A heart needs only its own voice to do what is right.

Publius

Quote from: bhsman on December 31, 2010, 07:38:18 AM
Was gonna say, who is he.  I live in bako and still missed him.  I tink what college did he go to.

I know long snapper is a specialty position, but i have never heard of any rating service ranking national long snappers.  Please clarify that comment for us curious folk.
If I'm not mistaken he went to Oregon.

OriginalCVFan

Im confused too now.  Freshman Long snapper means LAST YEAR he was the best long snapper in the country while in HS?  They have stats in HS for long snapping? 
]

Murrow78

Quote from: bhsman on December 31, 2010, 07:38:18 AM
Was gonna say, who is he.  I live in bako and still missed him.  I tink what college did he go to.

I know long snapper is a specialty position, but i have never heard of any rating service ranking national long snappers.  Please clarify that comment for us curious folk.
They have long snapping camps and what not. Chris Sailer is the guy that does the rankings I think. Just like he does punting and I think kicking.
Quote from: OriginalCVFan on December 31, 2010, 10:50:46 AM
Im confused too now.  Freshman Long snapper means LAST YEAR he was the best long snapper in the country while in HS?  They have stats in HS for long snapping? 
Last year as in for the 2009 season. Hes a true freshman at Oregon.

ole hooker

Aaron Gress--- Fighting Illini Texas Bowl.... Via COS Via Exeter.... PLaying LB for them...

TeddyKGB

Quote from: Murrow78 on December 31, 2010, 11:48:03 AM
They have long snapping camps and what not. Chris Sailer is the guy that does the rankings I think. Just like he does punting and I think kicking.Last year as in for the 2009 season. Hes a true freshman at Oregon.

Makes sense, they may rate them by speed the ball gets back & accuracy

Frontier

Quote from: drillakilla on December 30, 2010, 11:59:11 PM
matt darr. haven't followed vol football at all, just know he's on the team. not sure if he's the "starting" punter

Red-Shirting this year!  :)-

Frontier