News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

2010 Bee Football Players of the Year and all star football team !!!!

Started by armchair, January 01, 2011, 09:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

izne1home

Quote from: valleynative on January 23, 2011, 07:03:23 PM
Congrats Pit and Soaring!!!   :)

... and SCrubjay.  And every other proud parent out there with a son who played football. 

Post season awards are nice, but we tend to lose sight of the fact that there are a lot of heroes out there who probably never got their names in the paper. 

valleynative

Quote from: izne1home on January 23, 2011, 07:07:55 PM
... and SCrubjay.  And every other proud parent out there with a son who played football. 

Post season awards are nice, but we tend to lose sight of the fact that there are a lot of heroes out there who probably never got their names in the paper. 

Oops...my bad...didn't know scrubjay was one of the proud dads.  Congrats scrubjay!!!

And you are right, iz...there are!

Soaring Eagle

Quote from: valleynative on January 23, 2011, 07:24:23 PM
Oops...my bad...didn't know scrubjay was one of the proud dads.  Congrats scrubjay!!!

And you are right, iz...there are!

:u:   :u:   :u:   :u:   :helmet:
One needs very good eyes if you are going to soar high above your prey!

Threads Hijacked to Date:   2    (Verify with the master of tread hijacking IZ, if you don't believe me!)

PITBOY

is the fresno bee all star team the same as the all valley team? and if so do 1st  and 2nd team get all valley patches for the lettermen jackets?

Murrow78

Quote from: PITBOY on January 29, 2011, 09:36:53 PM
is the fresno bee all star team the same as the all valley team? and if so do 1st  and 2nd team get all valley patches for the lettermen jackets?
No All-valley is a fan voted team that doesn't really mean anything and its all of the central section. The Bee is just the Fresno area and patches are distributed by the schools so it depends on whether or not your school makes them. My school only makes them for all-league.
Integrity is doing the right thing, even if no one else is watching. It is the essence of everything successful. A heart needs only its own voice to do what is right.

izne1home

Pit, the CUSD schools distribute the All Valley patches.  Check with Coach Simons. 

PITBOY

the all valley team hasnt been selected yet right? my son was 2nd team on the fresno bee all star team, that's not all valley correct?

Soaring Eagle

Quote from: PITBOY on January 30, 2011, 10:25:43 AM
the all valley team hasnt been selected yet right? my son was 2nd team on the fresno bee all star team, that's not all valley correct?

Yes Pit, that is my understanding is that the players who get the "All Valley" patches for their lettermen jacket, are those chosen for the Fresno Bee All Star Team.  I am not 100% sure, but fairly confident.
One needs very good eyes if you are going to soar high above your prey!

Threads Hijacked to Date:   2    (Verify with the master of tread hijacking IZ, if you don't believe me!)

PITBOY

Quote from: izne1home on January 30, 2011, 09:28:21 AM
Pit, the CUSD schools distribute the All Valley patches.  Check with Coach Simons. 
Thank you  ;)
Quote from: Soaring Eagle on January 30, 2011, 10:37:06 AM
Yes Pit, that is my understanding is that the players who get the "All Valley" patches for their lettermen jacket, are those chosen for the Fresno Bee All Star Team.  I am not 100% sure, but fairly confident.
and Thank you  :u:

Murrow78

Integrity is doing the right thing, even if no one else is watching. It is the essence of everything successful. A heart needs only its own voice to do what is right.

fogdogs

The central section historian used to come out with an all-valley team, and i'm not sure he does that anymore. i don't believe there is a true all-valley team anymore.

izne1home

Quote from: fogdogs on January 31, 2011, 06:57:34 AM
The central section historian used to come out with an all-valley team, and i'm not sure he does that anymore. i don't believe there is a true all-valley team anymore.

The San Joaquin Valley runs from the delta to Bakersfield.  The Sacramento Valley runs from the delta north to Redding.  Together they comprise the Central Valley.  The CIF central section only covers the lower half of the San Joaquin Valley. 

I'm not sure there has ever been a true All Valley team.

fogdogs

That's why I said the Central Section and not the Sac-Joaquin.  We are in the Central Section when it comes to breaking down the regions according to the state cif. Just like you have the Southern Section, San diego, L.A., etc. And when we speak about an all-valley team on this board we all know what we are talking about.

fogdogs