News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

New Buchanan Coach??

Started by ETKilla, January 24, 2013, 10:27:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Eye in the Sky

Quote from: minerdad on March 08, 2013, 02:06:01 PM
What does one see when they look at the GW job? 

From what I was told there were some pretty good canidates that applied for that gig, and the current HC is doing a really good job establishing the youth levels.
Coach- " So they're gonna let you run the ball this year huh."
Player-" If they wanna win they will."

obiwan

Buchanan will be going through formal interviews this week. Get ready Bear Nation! He's coming!

cdubkiller

A complete makeover...
Friday Night Fever!!!

steve-o

PP has done a good job there......it may take time but he will get those kids to buy in and start winning soon.
if your not cheating your not trying!!

minerdad

Quote from: steve-o on March 13, 2013, 08:33:05 AM
PP has done a good job there......it may take time but he will get those kids to buy in and start winning soon.

Not sure he'll get a whole lot of time if they don't dramatically improve this season.  They literally went weeks without an offensive TD last year, and I'm not sure they scored more than 5 or 6 offensive TD's all season and those were generally scored late versus the opposition's second and third strings.

02Champs

Any updates on the interviews or candidates?  Thought I heard they were starting this week :huh:

obiwan

I'm not sure whats going on, but I would think that they would have their HC candidate moving forward to the district office my now. I am starting to get concerned. They must be still seeking coaches to apply. Just a thought.

tru guru

Things will move quickly after Spring Break. 

ETKilla

Interviews are pretty much going on as we speak here.  Should be soon.
Mike Jones.  Who?  Mike Jones.  281-330-8004

ETKilla

Any word?   For what I understand there were 3 candidates.   One even skyped in from Michigan or something. 

sheepdog

I also heard three, all surprises. Have not heard names.

ETKilla

Quote from: sheepdog on March 25, 2013, 10:19:27 AM
I also heard three, all surprises. Have not heard names.

Would be surprised if Jacot didn't get it.

SCrubjay

Quote from: ETKilla on March 25, 2013, 12:17:02 PM
Would be surprised if Jacot didn't get it.

Is he certificated?

ThePack

I hear it's down to 2candidates, 1 in town, 1 out of town...

02Champs

So it has been a couple of days since the last update.  Whats the Lates :huh: :huh: :huh:

02Champs

Who is Jacot? Where is he from? What has he done?

GoldenHawksFootball

This is the longest search for a head coach this year. Or maybe it just seems so because of the length of this thread. Buchanan is taking the Garces approach to hiring a head guy. Hold out for as long as possible. It worked for Garces since they won the Valley Championship. Whatever works. I suspect an announcement soon.

Sixtynine

If yall would have messaged me when I said that I knew, then you would know the answer by now
Just my opinion, but my opinion is right

Sixtynine

Nailed this about a month ago

@PAGMETER
The new Buchanan Bears head football coach will be Mike Jacot. Waiting on board of approval. Former assistant at Orange Lutheran
Just my opinion, but my opinion is right

officer farva

Quote from: Sixtynine on April 02, 2013, 06:02:40 PM
Nailed this about a month ago

@PAGMETER
The new Buchanan Bears head football coach will be Mike Jacot. Waiting on board of approval. Former assistant at Orange Lutheran
So 69, if the over/under on how many years jacot stays is 3, which side are you thinking?

officer farva