News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

New Show on 1430 ESPN RADIO (VALLEY ON THE RISE)

Started by PagMeter, February 14, 2011, 10:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PagMeter

Hello,
I want to let everybody know that 1430 ESPN has a new radio show starting this THURSDAY for 12noon to 2pm live from the WORLD SPORTS CAFE in River Park.
It is called THE VALLEY ON THE RAISE!!!
Matt Johnson and I want to bring you more local sports. I think sometimes  1430 ESPN gets away from local sports talk.
We will have plenty of High School, Junior College and FSU Basketball talk. The Playoffs are next week. My PAG METER rankings are out on www.1430espn.com  Click on the RISE. Let me know if I'm close or not?
I would love to hear from you and your questions for the show.......  email me, [email protected]   and the phone number is 447-1430
YOU CAN STREAM IT LIVE ON www.1430espn.com
Thank you for all of your support on 1430 ESPN radio. We will also be broadcasting the Division 1 & 2 Boys and Girls Valley Championship games....

numero4

everytime I hear the leader in local sports i just laugh.  Finally some of your suits decide to give us what we been wanting. ever since tony D and sportsline we have been missing local sports.  i will be listening   Swearingin should talk a little something something about local sports. picking favorite movies for guys under 25 is getting old.

numero4

Tuned in to the show it was a nice change. Great interviews! I was waiting for the  Amundsen interview in the 1:00 clock hr. I also had no idea that they were building a program at Clovis to compete with CW? While i enjoyed the insight from a former coach about the grade change  scandal at Edison, I thought oh oh you guys just opened up a can of worms. Now im kinda convinced something went down. To go From almost Failing the class to an A.  You would not of made a good witness for the defense. It was nice of you to talk about High school basketball in the last 10 minutes of your show.(sarcasm) but all in all it is gonna be a nice format change in local radio. 

good luck

PagMeter

Quote from: numero4 on February 17, 2011, 05:45:45 PM
Tuned in to the show it was a nice change. Great interviews! I was waiting for the  Amundsen interview in the 1:00 clock hr. I also had no idea that they were building a program at Clovis to compete with CW? While i enjoyed the insight from a former coach about the grade change  scandal at Edison, I thought oh oh you guys just opened up a can of worms. Now im kinda convinced something went down. To go From almost Failing the class to an A.  You would not of made a good witness for the defense. It was nice of you to talk about High school basketball in the last 10 minutes of your show.(sarcasm) but all in all it is gonna be a nice format change in local radio. 

good luck
Thanks!!
We will get more organized for the next show. Plenty of Basketball tomorrow and next Thursday. Let me know if anybody has any questions for the shows...

ballisfun19

PagMeter who will you guys be talking to tomorrow regarding high school hoops?

PagMeter

Quote from: ballisfun19 on February 17, 2011, 08:51:51 PM
PagMeter who will you guys be talking to tomorrow regarding high school hoops?
Chris Stahowski from Memorial, Nick French from Hoover and Tony Amundsen from Bullard. Tony couldn't make it today. Should be all in the 3 clock hour and working on more for the 5 clock hour.
Call in everybody in the 5 clock hour and lets talk Basketball!!! 447-1430 

amazinballer

Quote from: PagMeter on February 17, 2011, 09:26:09 PM
Chris Stahowski from Memorial, Nick French from Hoover and Tony Amundsen from Bullard. Tony couldn't make it today. Should be all in the 3 clock hour and working on more for the 5 clock hour.
Call in everybody in the 5 clock hour and lets talk Basketball!!! 447-1430 

Assistant coaches probably aren't the best way to get the show rollin.

knightsrule04

Quote from: amazinballer on February 17, 2011, 11:57:39 PM
What, do they know less than the head coach? Not as big a name? How many people listening will really know who the head coach at each school is or turn it off because some no-name is on?
BULLARD KNIGHTS FOOTBALL: 2009 VALLEY CHAMPIONS!

Bullard Knights baseball: 5 Major Leaguers, 7 Valley titles, 4 CA titles, 1 CA runner-up, 2 National titles, 2 National runners-up, 1 5th place finish in the nation.

Bullard Knights softball: 5 Valley titles, 2 CA titles, 2 National titles.

jjacinto35

i would like to know your thoughts on the possible seedings in the division 1 playoffs

numero4

im confused.    are these intervies going to be on the new show 12-2   or  at  3:00  , 5:00 pm?

insiderinfo

Quote from: amazinballer on February 17, 2011, 11:57:39 PM

Coach Stahowski is much more than just an assistant coach. First, as the head coach of organized chaos, he is as much in tune with valley basketball as anyone. Second, given the myriad of his connections and experiences, I would personally rather hear from him then any of the aforementioned head coaches, quite honestly. No disrespect to those guys, but Coach Stahowski has as many connections/knowledge/experience locally as anyone in our basketball community.

amazinballer

Quote from: insiderinfo on February 18, 2011, 08:36:07 AM
Coach Stahowski is much more than just an assistant coach. First, as the head coach of organized chaos, he is as much in tune with valley basketball as anyone. Second, given the myriad of his connections and experiences, I would personally rather hear from him then any of the aforementioned head coaches, quite honestly. No disrespect to those guys, but Coach Stahowski has as many connections/knowledge/experience locally as anyone in our basketball community.

so would he be talking more as an ambassador to the valley, or as a great sjm coach?

Magic Man

Quote from: amazinballer on February 18, 2011, 09:46:00 AM
so would he be talking more as an ambassador to the valley, or as a great sjm coach?
[/quote

Mr "Amazing",

I sat here quietly and let you take your shots at me and this will be my only response to this. Since you played for us at sjm, i'm pretty sure you know why I'm going to be on.  I'm going on to discuss organized chaos. The fact that i have seen quite a few games up and down the valley throughout the year does help in my knowledge of the high school game. so if nick and the guys ask i think i may know a i think or two mr. amazin.

Sincerely,
Coach House

ballisfun19

Coach Stawohski will be a great guest and I have heard that he has a ton of knowledge about high school basketball and certain players up and down the valley. 

amazinballer

Quote from: Magic Man on February 18, 2011, 11:48:20 AM
Quote from: amazinballer on February 18, 2011, 09:46:00 AM

Mr "Amazing",

I sat here quietly and let you take your shots at me and this will be my only response to this. Since you played for us at sjm, i'm pretty sure you know why I'm going to be on.  I'm going on to discuss organized chaos. The fact that i have seen quite a few games up and down the valley throughout the year does help in my knowledge of the high school game. so if nick and the guys ask i think i may know a i think or two mr. amazin.

Sincerely,
Coach House

shots? it was just a question.  I apologize if my comments were received that way, hopefully you can accept it.

amazinballer