News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

vallleyy games

Started by mike w, March 02, 2011, 09:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike w

Clovis west vs bullard !!!!!!!!!!

ssfootballNo1

DII: TU vs. CN
DIV: CVC vs. WU

numero4

I called it.  CW  V  Bullard :u:

Bakersfield was a tough place to play.Hot azz hell in that GYM(airplane hangar)  Must of been 90 degrees in there.  Bullard  won every quarter.  They stepped up every time Bakersfield made thier run.
GO  KNIGHTS   Deja Vu   1996

CWClassof2007

Quote from: numero4 on March 02, 2011, 11:18:14 PM
I called it.  CW  V  Bullard :u:

Bakersfield was a tough place to play.Hot azz hell in that GYM(airplane hangar)  Must of been 90 degrees in there.  Bullard  won every quarter.  They stepped up every time Bakersfield made thier run.
GO  KNIGHTS   Deja Vu   1996 

Who won in 1996? I am assuming Clovis West played  Bullard in the championship game in 1996 by your comment.

numero4

Bullard  won :D Shannon Swillis  free throws  sealed it  ;)

jabam

Quote from: numero4 on March 03, 2011, 07:00:19 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong I thought that game was versus Hanford

Driller34

Congrats bullard you got us! :shy: :x  Good luck in the Valley Championship :(

numero4

Quote from: Driller34 on March 03, 2011, 08:47:09 AM
Congrats bullard you got us! :shy: :x  Good luck in the Valley Championship :(

#3  is the real deal.  How many underclassmen are on that team.    you guys will be back in the mix next year
Why was your Gym so hot?  was that to psych out our team?

Your mascot is a scary looking thing .  reminds me of that Movie  The hills have eyes

BuddyLee

Quote from: jabam on March 03, 2011, 07:13:39 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong I thought that game was versus Hanford

He is talking about the 96 Valley Championship game v. Hanford at Fresno City College.

It was really missed free throws by Hanford that sealed the deal.

Magic Man

Quote from: BuddyLee on March 03, 2011, 09:19:39 AM
He is talking about the 96 Valley Championship game v. Hanford at Fresno City College.

It was really missed free throws by Hanford that sealed the deal.

They beat CW in the Semi's.

posum

QuoteIt was really missed free throws by Hanford that sealed the deal.

Hanford had a full court lob with 2 seconds left that was completed but the layup missed to seal the deal.

posum

QuoteNow thats a stat they should keep in basketball.  Pass completions.

I'm pretty sure its called an ASSIST if they make the basket but I could be wrong.

ballisfun19

I know everyone has an opinion on the D1 and D2 championships games but what about D3, D4, and D5?  Anyone have any comments on who they think will win those games?

flexmac3

isnt the d3 championship somewhat confusion, these schools are d1 schools, or at least D2.
At least thats what their enrollment says.
Not trying to be negative, just that enrollment should be a factor when deciding what division a school should be placed in. And that a legitiment small public schools get hurt by schools who have 1900 students and over in D3.

OriginalCVFan

Quote from: posum on March 03, 2011, 12:41:02 PM
I'm pretty sure its called an ASSIST if they make the basket but I could be wrong.

It can still be an assist, even if the pass isnt completed.   
]

diesel

Quote from: flexmac3 on March 04, 2011, 12:47:47 AM
isnt the d3 championship somewhat confusion, these schools are d1 schools, or at least D2.
At least thats what their enrollment says.
Not trying to be negative, just that enrollment should be a factor when deciding what division a school should be placed in. And that a legitiment small public schools get hurt by schools who have 1900 students and over in D3.

I'm pretty sure boys basketball is aligned with the state CBEDS system for the state playoffs.  That's why Tulare is D1 in football but D2 in basketball.  Because the state playoff system says Tulare's CBEDS puts them in D2.  Is that right?

CWClassof2007

Quote from: diesel on March 04, 2011, 10:07:00 AM
I'm pretty sure boys basketball is aligned with the state CBEDS system for the state playoffs.  That's why Tulare is D1 in football but D2 in basketball.  Because the state playoff system says Tulare's CBEDS puts them in D2.  Is that right?

Yeah but he is talking about Hoover who's enrollment is D1 or D2 but Crichlow and his people in Porterville have them in D3.

Mike Honcho

or Golden Valley who's CBEDS is 2750......4th largest school in the section

antpatce

Quote from: numero4 on March 03, 2011, 07:00:19 AM
Wasn't Shannon about a 6'6" forward that played well above the rim? I remember watching him, and if I'm not mistaken, he went on to play a couple of years at Fresno State. I thought he also had a brother that played with him at Bullard????

TUalum88

Golden Valley along with several others (Hoover, Ridgeview, etc..) should be D1 with their enrollment, not D3. Mission Oak has around 1,100 students and had to travel to play a school with almost 3 times the enrollment? Makes no sense... The GV team, coach and community have to be upset that they do not get to play comparable schools. Or embarrassed!

TUalum88