News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

2011 Boys Basketball allstars

Started by numero4, March 26, 2011, 12:35:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrKtown

Quote from: judonomi on March 29, 2011, 08:19:37 PM
Was big bird.. Ian Taubler? Its a good thing he stuck with Football? :D
I knew that named sound familiar...Is he a jr or sr....that kid was big back in the day..he is probally a monster now!
WE KNOW HOW TO PLAY FOOTBALL HERE!

OriginalCVFan

Ya, I heard he was spending most of his time riding a skateboard and drinking coffee at the local coffee shop.  After his older brother Johnny had so much trouble getting his SHIRT he paid all his life savings for, the younger brother decided to hang up his basketball shoes and devote his life to other avenues, like skateboarding, ditching class, and just plain old laziness.  Saw him the other day, kid is 6'5, and weighs about 250, it is a shame he gave up basketball and hasnt done much since.   His parents should be tarred and feathered, he had the potential.....sigh.
]

judonomi

He is a junior now.  I thought Cal already had offered him a scholli as a tightend? Didn't his brother get a football scholarship to Yale? 

caochwho

I thought the coach of the year was going to be Tony also.  I thought he did a great job with his group.  Not sure why he didn't receive the nod.  As for the all valley team, you have to remember ANDY only knows so many guys...its not like he goes out and watches everyone.  Im pretty sure he only knew of denzel, fertig, and Grant, and he had to give the kid from WU first team cuz that would have looked funny having the coach of the year and no first team selections.  lol Congrats to that kid and everyone else who was selected 1st team!!!

judonomi

Quote from: caochwho on March 31, 2011, 01:58:00 PM
I thought the coach of the year was going to be Tony also.  I thought he did a great job with his group.  Not sure why he didn't receive the nod.  As for the all valley team, you have to remember ANDY only knows so many guys...its not like he goes out and watches everyone.  Im pretty sure he only knew of denzel, fertig, and Grant, and he had to give the kid from WU first team cuz that would have looked funny having the coach of the year and no first team selections.  lol Congrats to that kid and everyone else who was selected 1st team!!!

So which is it?  Is Andy making selections or is it voted on?

knightsrule04

Quote from: judonomi on March 31, 2011, 06:46:22 PM
The writer makes the selections. I think they take into account the all-league picks, but it all comes down to what one (often biased) person thinks.
BULLARD KNIGHTS FOOTBALL: 2009 VALLEY CHAMPIONS!

Bullard Knights baseball: 5 Major Leaguers, 7 Valley titles, 4 CA titles, 1 CA runner-up, 2 National titles, 2 National runners-up, 1 5th place finish in the nation.

Bullard Knights softball: 5 Valley titles, 2 CA titles, 2 National titles.

sky22

Quote from: OriginalCVFan on March 30, 2011, 03:11:27 PM
Ya, I heard he was spending most of his time riding a skateboard and drinking coffee at the local coffee shop.  After his older brother Johnny had so much trouble getting his SHIRT he paid all his life savings for, the younger brother decided to hang up his basketball shoes and devote his life to other avenues, like skateboarding, ditching class, and just plain old laziness.  Saw him the other day, kid is 6'5, and weighs about 250, it is a shame he gave up basketball and hasnt done much since.   His parents should be tarred and feathered, he had the potential.....sigh.
That's what i say, tar and feather his parents. Who in their right mind would allow a kid to give up basketball to become a legit D1 football player?

CWClassof2007

Quote from: sky22 on April 01, 2011, 12:35:27 AM
That's what i say, tar and feather his parents. Who in their right mind would allow a kid to give up basketball to become a legit D1 football player?

Please tell me you're being sarcastic?

OriginalCVFan

Quote from: sky22 on April 01, 2011, 12:35:27 AM

I agree, his parents really must be clueless :shy:
]

sky22

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on April 01, 2011, 03:37:50 AM
Please tell me you're being sarcastic?
Yes, i was being sarcastic. The Dude's a freakin stud.

Magic Man

Quote from: judonomi on March 31, 2011, 06:46:22 PM

Andy makes the final decision. From the games he watches and the calls he makes to coaches, he puts together the best group he can.

I think what really hurt the Bullard boys is that they did so well as a group, none really stood out on an individual level. That being said, you could then argue for Tony for coach of the year. JMO

YosemiteRogue

The selections are a joke! I know how you guy's feel about the D-I guys, but I have a bone to pick.

My boy plays for Yosemite,Coach's love him when they see him play. 5' 9" point guard. I know that Yosemite didn't have a great year, but the kid did his best to keep them close in every game.

He won all 3 All-tourny awards this year, had 12.5 PPG, 2.9 Assists, 3.1 steals, and 74% from the line and scored a total of 328 pts this year. Plus, he had 25pts of the 41 pts scored against W.U. that almost won the game, had they not given the last 5 jump ball possessions to W.U.!

His numbers were better than 2 of the second team selections, and he doesn't even get Honorable mention?

WOW! way to go!
"maybe, just maybe, we can all learn to play this game like men"

azteccoach35

No the selected Head Coach picks his team.  Went to my first meeting last year and the coach had already half his team picked,  before he heard any words from the coaches on hand.  So unless your kid was something great witch we think going into that meeting or the Head Coach has seen your kid play, or even his play against it dose even matter.  Right I forgot also it who you know helps to.

knightsrule04

Quote from: azteccoach35 on April 12, 2011, 05:10:17 PM
No the selected Head Coach picks his team.  Went to my first meeting last year and the coach had already half his team picked,  before he heard any words from the coaches on hand.  So unless your kid was something great witch we think going into that meeting or the Head Coach has seen your kid play, or even his play against it dose even matter.  Right I forgot also it who you know helps to.
Are you talking Fresno Bee All-Stars or City-County?

Bullard Knights baseball: 5 Major Leaguers, 7 Valley titles, 4 CA titles, 1 CA runner-up, 2 National titles, 2 National runners-up, 1 5th place finish in the nation.

knightsrule04