News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

SWYL Week 5

Started by TeddyKGB, September 18, 2017, 03:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeddyKGB

Bakersfield @ Valencia: It looks like the Drillers may start off 1-3; I hope to see some improvement this week. This will be another tough week for the Drillers I just hope they limit mistakes and can make some breaks for themselves so that they can pull off the upset.

Liberty @ Ridgeview: Liberty will get back on the winning track. Ridgeview has a good DE #9, I believe, he is big and can move but seems to take plays off.
Liberty 28-14

Mission Oaks @ Frontier: Frontier is playing well, they have some offensive weapons that Bandy and his staff are using very well; Johnson and Flores run the ball well and Kaden Shelton is athletic and big with decent hands. Frontier will be too much for MO; unfortunately this schedule may be too soft to get the Titans ready to face teams like Liberty and BHS.
Frontier 42-7

West @ Stockdale:  Stockdale will get the W against West; Shelton is doing a good job with what he has.
Stockdale 35-21

Clovis @ Centennial: Clovis will get the win on the road; they may have over looked the Mustangs. Centennial has not beaten anyone tough, their only two wins coming against SSL teams and were beat by a team that is 2-2. Clovis hasn't been very impressive either but I just don't like the G'hawks.
Clovis 31-21

Edison @ garces: If Edison doesn't shoot themselves in the foot all night they will get the W, garces is terrible they may not win a game this year and I couldn't be happier.
Edison 42-14

BDF

Valencia - Too much for the Drillers to handle. Hopefully, by next week they can start to Win but it wont be on Friday. The SWYL league is weak this year so its anyones guess who will take 1st.

Liberty - Ridgeviews top players have all be "recruited/taken" by other schools, they arn't the same Ridgeview like they use to be.

Frontier - Playing well and hoping they bring home the Win.

Stockdale - Stockdale should walk away with this but you never know, West has that running back who is a grown man.

Centennial - Going with the G-Hawks for this one. They are due a win and their QB is one of the best in town right now.

Garces - Edison is so undisciplined, this is a guess. But i'd like to see Garces win this game and continue from there.

mw1

Valencia - no need to pile on BHS when they are down... but they are just not up to this level of competition yet. 
Liberty - no more Moya's left in the line-up.
Frontier - I like what they have going on this year
Stockdale
Clovis - coin toss
Edison - Just my opinion.. but, I think the problem/challenge with Garces is that they usually don't play best players both ways.  I think they will need to start doing just that if they want to get at least one win this season.  Look at Cam Roberson up at BC.  He only played defense in high school.  He never (or very rarely) ran the ball at Garces.. and now, in JUCO, he is all over the sports page as a RB.  Garces only has a limited number of legit, talented athletes this year (not like the stacked team they had last year).. and, to keep them on only one side of the ball for the entire game is going to hurt their chances of winning.  They should have beat BCHS, Tehachapi.. and, in my opinion, SJM.  I would love to see Martin playing some LB... I bet he would deliver some big blows. 
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."

TeddyKGB

mw, I like what Frontier is looking like also. They have a couple of good weapons on the offensive side of the ball in Johnson, Flores and Shelton. I'm just not too sure that the teams they are playing will get them ready for SWYL play. I can see them competing with Liberty, Centennial and Stockdale and maybe winning 2 of those games. They are much improved, Johnson is a good solid runner. And I like the playing calling, not sure if its Durken or Bandy calling plays but they mix it up well.

As for garces, I'm not sure why you keep your best horses in the sable. Maybe Gass knows something that no one else does. The Drillers use kids on both sides of the ball.

bksflddan

Bakersfield @ Valencia:      Drillers

Liberty @ Ridgeview:         Liberty

Mission Oaks @ Frontier:   Frontier

West @ Stockdale:            Stockdale

Clovis @ Centennial:         Centennial

Edison @ Garces:             Garces
"The crux of leadership is seeing what needs to be done and doing it before anyone else"

Run fast! Stay Low!

Jazz

Bakersfield @ Valencia:      Drillers

Liberty @ Ridgeview:         

Mission Oaks @ Frontier:   

West @ Stockdale:           

Clovis @ Centennial:        

Edison @ Garces:             

Coach Scudder

Bakersfield @ Valencia:     

Liberty @ Ridgeview:         

Mission Oaks @ Frontier:   

West @ Stockdale:           

Clovis @ Centennial:       

Edison @ Garces:             

mw1

I am completely disappointed with BHS' level of play.  We have, supposedly, many D1 athletes... however, we can't score points to save our life.  So, our only win is against Edison... who, interestingly enough, is losing to Garces right now.  I think at this point, Garces just may beat BHS.. and all of their passing-league-playing studs.  Garces seems to be getting their stuff together, and getting better... and BHS seems to be getting nothing together.  Coaching staff vs coaching staff is what this year's contest will come down to.. because BHS' players don't have what it takes to get the job done on a higher level.
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."

KHighFive

I so agree with MW1, BHS looks awful. Where are these 15 returning starters with all of these D1 offers? These boys were credited with being the driving force behind BHS winning valley last year. The past three weeks show that last years senior class was the true leaders.

TeddyKGB

KHigh the only senior last  year that was a leader was Moran, he ran the offense with confidence. I hate to  say it and I'm not a fair weather fan but when I read the article in the paper where Golla said that the two qbs, Cam & Caden, were asked if they wanted to play defense or be the QB they said both so that's they are going to keep doing I was very disheartened. It sounds, IT SOUNDS, I didn't say it's the case but it sounds like inmates are running the asylum. I know that the Drillers had some guys hurt but with all the (according to deacon) all the D1 offered guys the Drillers should still look better than they have, I know they have played some tough competition that not many teams in the CV would have done much better against. Hopefully they can get a W against Ridgeview and get something going before league.

madstang

Were the drillers down 56-7 at half or was that a typo?

KHighFive

Teddy I'm sorry you are wrong. Maran was a leader but the whole o line was seniors except the center, the whole starting line on defense was seniors, add in Navonte Deminson and Bishop Maxwell both seniors with more TDs than most of the ones  playing now. Plus the top scorer last year with a total of 92 points was the senior kicker. The most important thing about those boys were they played as a team and not as individuals.

TeddyKGB

just so we are speaking the same language, I said leader not seniors. Moran was the senior leader last year as was evident during the Valencia game. As soon as he went down it seemed like it all came unraveled and when he was in the game against Central the O played much better than it had when he was not in. Now, don't mistaken me I know you and I are on the same side. Vasquez was a leader on the defensive side of the ball, he was also a senior. You have confused leadership with scoring.

mw, I have referred to the shyster as a snake oil salesman before.

hsfootballfan27

I attended the liberty vs ridgeview game tonight and I was surprised with the second half defense of the Wolfpack. Rhs won 19-14. Since 2012 ridgeview is 4-2 against liberty. Prior to 2012 rhs and liberty played 2002 and 2003 that liberty won.

hsfootballfan27

I also enjoyed the crying parents of liberty telling their kids that Nixon can't coach worth a f#^k walking out of the stadium lol. Like they can coach.

TRUMPY

Wow again watching the BHS team get beat again last night. Then reading the blog  a few things are missing. One I watched the Deacon said very little compared to the QB dad who repeatly screamed out how bad Kids were on the team. Can't say I don't know The Deacon but I will say even when he has told how gets killed on this Blog I did notice no one mentioned that other dad at any time and he has to be the worlds worst for saying the things he does openly sitting with parents of the kids right there. 2nd The reality many don't want to face BHS wasn't ready for this schedule they took Orem lightly and the coaching staff was already defeated before Chaminade and Valencia. Divided yes the coaches with kids need to be brought in but the head coach will not do it didn't do it when I was there isn't going to now. #3 without saying his name great kid but the last two weeks 5 touchdown passes scored on his side you can't say they cant try somebody else. From the coaches I talk to they are just mannequins they have shirts their input is nothing. But here's the final analysis BHS will win in the Central Valley Most people complaining will stop 7-3 tough Valley playoff Game and then on to the Valley beat Central and then next year the new controversy will start is Golla staying , QB vs. QB 7 on 7 still going on. Basically it's starts all over again.  One more thing D-1 players don't mean you have a great team this team has 4 to 6 guys that can maybe will maybe they won't doesn't mean the team is supposed to win every game. Sure like to see someone say something to QB Williams dad but they will let him do what he does and bring up the other guy. Now that's funny.

KHighFive

Come on Trumpy aka Deacon, if you are going to impersonate another person please don't use the same wrong type of gramma and speech patterns. It was wonderful how you quote things EJ Williams said in the stands last night and you knew what coaches were thinking. Next, time EJ and you ride home together after a game you guys need to  strategize what you are going to post.

TRUMPY

Huh ha! Wait until you find out who I am?

hsfootballfan27

Nobody cares to or wants to know who you are.

BDF

Quote from: TRUMPY on September 23, 2017, 02:31:42 PM
Huh ha! Wait until you find out who I am?

"Trumpy also known as The Deacon"
Doesn't take a brain surgeon to know this alias is you! Your grammar speaks for itself. Lord, what has Golla gotten himself into with you and your regime?

BDF