News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Let’s get this one started Ridgeview at Bakersfield.

Started by hsfootballfan27, September 25, 2017, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hsfootballfan27

Who cares about the last few games the drillers have played. Yeah there seems to be some  whining little bhs fans on here bashing each other and the players. But now they are back to play a local team coming off a pretty good win against liberty. Since 2014 when bhs and rhs started playing each other again bhs is 2-1 against rhs. Before 2014 the last time they met was in 2003 and bhs never lost to rhs until 2015 Griffith field. Will bhs get the win against a upcoming rhs squad or does rhs ruin the reopening of Griffith field. Game should be packed. Players on both squads know each other should be a pretty good game.

mw1

Now that the bloom is off the rose on hoping that the Drillers could put up a respectable performance against a powerhouse team, I guess you are right... it is now time to start looking inward at league play.  So, this year, we are looking at SWYL crop of teams that is looking, at this time, just average.  Out of that group, I do think BHS still gets the nod for league.  I thing that BHS will beat Frontier... and Frontier beat Ridgeview.. ergo, BHS will beat Ridgeview.  I think it will be close.. like most of the SWYL scores should be this season. 

Drillers MUST win this game!!! No if's, and's,or but's about it. 

BHS 21 - Ridgeview 17

"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."

hsfootballfan27

When rhs played frontier they ran a wing t offense to try and throw off former wolfpacks coach. Did not play into their favor. that game is in the past and only looking forward. gotta have short memory when it comes to losing. As a fan of our local sports I am excited to see Bhs play Rhs for the reopening of a great football field. As for a the team that will win. Don't be surprised if the party of the new stadium comes with a loss.

Bronco

Sixtynine

Just my opinion, but my opinion is right

TeddyKGB

After having played that buzz saw of a schedule the Wolfpack will feel like a JV team to the Drillers. Ridgeview will play well but the Drillers will have too much firepower for them, Frontier is a good team and they beat RHS. I believe the Drillers are much better than Frontier. It will be close but Drillers win 35-21.

hsfootballfan27

Honestly Frontier should have never beat rhs but they did. Won't take away their win but running the wing t against them fell into forntiers favor instead of Playing their regular offense. I feel that rhs will match up well against bhs and if the wr win their one on ones hinzo could have a big night in the air. The kid has a nice arm.

BDF

I'd like to have faith in the Drillers for this game, but I just don't think they can pull it together. QB's will continue to struggle and not hit their targets, over throws and interceptions will kill BHS against Ridgeview. BHS opening day full of alumni and fans coming to watch the Drillers defeat the Wolfpack, it will be a big stage for these boys to continue the tradition of Bakersfield High School. Let's hope they are disciplined against RHS.

RHS 21
BHS 13
Hope I'm wrong

TeddyKGB

after watching Frontier vs Ridgeview I don't believe Ridgeview can match up with the Drillers. Unless the Drillers have a complete meltdown I believe they will feel like they are playing a JV team compared to what they have played against for 3 weeks now

bksflddan

"The crux of leadership is seeing what needs to be done and doing it before anyone else"

Run fast! Stay Low!

KHighFive

Drillers are not looking good on offense, the two QB's that have played look lost.

mw1

Quote from: ThetruthBeTold on September 27, 2017, 04:05:12 PM
This is a easy one.  Drillers by 25

You would think.. however, they look horrible on offense.  I thought the whole point of the triple option was to read the defense; however, neither Williams nor Ochoa seem to be able to tell when the box is stacked on defense.. or not.  Williams went to his standby play of long-bomb to Taj Wright.. and got lucky.  Ochoa is probably at -67 yards of offense.  At this point, the defense is the only thing holding the Drillers together.. and that isn't good.
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."

bksflddan

Quote from: mw1 on September 29, 2017, 08:34:12 PM
You would think.. however, they look horrible on offense.  I thought the whole point of the triple option was to read the defense; however, neither Williams nor Ochoa seem to be able to tell when the box is stacked on defense.. or not.  Williams went to his standby play of long-bomb to Taj Wright.. and got lucky.  Ochoa is probably at -67 yards of offense.  At this point, the defense is the only thing holding the Drillers together.. and that isn't good.

Yep!

SWYL:

Frontier
Stockdale
Centennial
Drillers
Liberty
Garces

Central VC ...
"The crux of leadership is seeing what needs to be done and doing it before anyone else"

Run fast! Stay Low!

BDF

Even though the Drillers won 30-9, the game was close to the end. The extra TDs came from crap minutes. This game was painful to watch. The score does not dictate the level of play that took place. Manning and the OC should be fired! Who in their right mine goes for it when you are on 4th down and on the Drilers 1 yard line? Their punter was not bad, he could have at least punted the ball about 35 yards. Ridgeviews #33 (Cruz) should have ran the ball more than he was given. He ran the ball each carry about 5-8 yards every time he touched the ball! He was too much for the Drillers. Either he's out of shape and can't stay in longer than 2 plays or the play calling on RHS side was just that bad. The Drillers game is very, very slow. Not the type of football we are use to to from the type of athletes BHS has. I guess we were spoiled these last few 100 plus years. Cams is a robot, we all know where the ball is going, down field, Taj Wright. Taj finally showed up tonight but against the big boys, he was silent. Ochoa should stay on Defense and stop playing QB, such a waste switching the 2 QBs back and forth.  Drilers, a win is a win.

CWClassof2007

Quote from: bksflddan on September 29, 2017, 10:07:14 PM
Yep!

SWYL:

Frontier
Stockdale
Centennial
Drillers
Liberty
Garces

Central VC ...
That's your predicted SWYL standings? Bakersfield & Liberty finish 1st & 2nd.

bksflddan

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on September 30, 2017, 08:42:46 PM
That's your predicted SWYL standings? Bakersfield & Liberty finish 1st & 2nd.

After watching the Drillers against Ridgeview it's clear Williams doesn't know the plays or has zero retention. This ain't the Drillers year? Haven't watched Liberty but if they got beat by RV well ...  no way the Drillers and Pat's finish 1,2 in SWYL in fact I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams end up 4th ...

Just my disgust!!!

Run fast! Stay Low!

TeddyKGB

Quote from: bksflddan on September 29, 2017, 10:07:14 PM
SWYL:

Frontier
Stockdale
Centennial
Drillers
Liberty
Garces

As much as I like Bandy I don't believe this will be the case. Frontier has not played anyone their opponents have a combined record of 7-20 and not one is at or above .500. They will get a real test this week against Liberty. The SWYL will be a tight race but at the end I believe that the Drillers and Pats will still end up 1 & 2 with Centennial and Frontier fighting for the 3rd spot. I would like to see it end up like this:

1.Drillers
2.Frontier
3-5: doesn't matter to me
6. garces

bksflddan

Quote from: TeddyKGB on October 03, 2017, 09:41:55 AM
As much as I like Bandy I don't believe this will be the case. Frontier has not played anyone their opponents have a combined record of 7-20 and not one is at or above .500. They will get a real test this week against Liberty. The SWYL will be a tight race but at the end I believe that the Drillers and Pats will still end up 1 & 2 with Centennial and Frontier fighting for the 3rd spot. I would like to see it end up like this:

1.Drillers
2.Frontier
3-5: doesn't matter to me
6. garces

This week's games will give us a big peek ...

Run fast! Stay Low!

TeddyKGB

absolutely, this will be a real test to see just how good they are.

TeddyKGB