News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Central vs. Clovis West Thoughts/Discussion

Started by Sixtynine, October 27, 2017, 01:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixtynine

First, Coach Biggs is a top 5 coach in the Valley. He's a winner and his Central teams bring a different style of play than past Central teams. They play physical. Biggs is in an excellent spot as they have an absolutely loaded JV team coming up next year as well.

Trent Tompkins. Nothing more to say. He wasn't as spectacular last night, but he wasn't asked to be. He controlled the game as a field general.

Jevan Bigelow is such a dude. I hope Fresno State throws an offer his way. Size, speed, and PHYSICAL. Him and Diotry Brewer are a great 1-2 punch. Eagles didn't have an answer for either.

Clovis West is going to miss DJ Schramm, a lot. uhhhhhhhhh ya think? CW has nobody on the roster that can fill that spot....and it's a pretty big hole.

Chachere was uncomfortable the whole game, but his WRs didn't help him out at all. Not his best game obviously, but not their best either. Offensive line was whipped in pass protection on almost every play which contributed to Chachere's struggles.

There was a glaring problem that I thought last night with CW on offense... I wish I had a play breakdown, but I would be willing to bet that they called designed runs less than 10 times. Of those, there were 5 (?) which were designed to go between the tackles. Not a recipe to beat Central.

As we've all known (at least I hope so), Central showed that they're the best team in the section. They're outscoring opponents 370-108. I don't think a rematch in the playoffs would be any closer.
Just my opinion, but my opinion is right

CWClassof2007

Central was clearly the better team last night in every aspect. There was something else I noticed that really bothered me. #3 for Clovis West, Tykee Woods was involved in a play in the first quarter where he got hit pretty hard trying to tackle one of the Central running backs. He was clearly shaken up after that play & should have been taken out of the game for a concussion evaluation. Later on in the half there was a long break in between plays for some reason & he started throwing up on the field. He was finally taken out of the game. I'm not sure if he played again because I left before the 3rd quarter ended but that was really irresponsible of the entire CW to leave someone in the game who was clearly having concussion symptoms. I expected more from their athletic trainers.

hardhitter23

Soooooo is there still a debate about Clovis West having the best defense?

guru09

Central is clearly the best team in the Valley...they dominated from start to finish. 

Eaglemeat

Well I have no argument here.  Central rolled.  Hats off to Biggs and staff that was a huge win.  I really hope Tompkins stays in the valley and plays.  Reminds me of a young Steve Young, long shot comparison I know but his ability to extend plays is pretty cool.  Hope the Eagles can gather this back up and make a run here. 

TeddyKGB

Quote from: Sixtynine on October 27, 2017, 01:51:49 AM
First, Coach Biggs is a top 5 coach in the Valley. He's a winner

I don't know if I agree with this statement based solely on the game I watched between Central and The Drillers. That's not to mean he is a not a good coach, but I wouldn't bestow upon him a label of top 5 just yet.

kastnertbirds

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on October 27, 2017, 03:10:54 AM
Central was clearly the better team last night in every aspect. There was something else I noticed that really bothered me. #3 for Clovis West, Tykee Woods was involved in a play in the first quarter where he got hit pretty hard trying to tackle one of the Central running backs. He was clearly shaken up after that play & should have been taken out of the game for a concussion evaluation. Later on in the half there was a long break in between plays for some reason & he started throwing up on the field. He was finally taken out of the game. I'm not sure if he played again because I left before the 3rd quarter ended but that was really irresponsible of the entire CW to leave someone in the game who was clearly having concussion symptoms. I expected more from their athletic trainers.

He played afterwards.
Hats off to central. They came to play and put CW away early in the 3rd.

I talked to tykee. Bruised hip. He'll probably sit a week.
DEFEAT IS ONLY TEMPORARY.....QUITING MAKES IT PERMANENT...

Lancelot

Jimmy's and Joe's beat X and O's. Lots of good coaches, hats off to Coach Biggs, no other team in the valley has amount of  athletes that Central does. #15 Washington, the former CE player can't even get on the field, he starts for every other team.
John McKay on being interviewed about his teams execution after a bad loss. " I'm all for it"

kastnertbirds

Quote from: Lancelot on October 27, 2017, 10:42:18 AM
Jimmy's and Joe's beat X and O's. Lots of good coaches, hats off to Coach Biggs, no other team in the valley has amount of  athletes that Central does. #15 Washington, the former CE player can't even get on the field, he starts for every other team.

He plays on defense.
DEFEAT IS ONLY TEMPORARY.....QUITING MAKES IT PERMANENT...

Sixtynine

When is the last time Central went 5-0 in the TRAC back-to-back years? It's never happened, and they've had more D1 talent than this one.

Coach Biggs inherited talent at Central, but past coaches couldn't do what he's done
Just my opinion, but my opinion is right

Sofa_King Special

I think he has been able to find  a good balance of allowing his athletes to be athletes while instilling discipline at the same time.  I think those other coaches tried to change things to fit their own mold and idea of their team.  Not saying one is better than the other, this one just seems to be working.  Plus the dude is a football junkie.

TheRickestRick

I'm shocked by the score of last night, but I admit I was wrong about Central, that win definitely shut up myself and anyone who doubts them. And to be honest I believe the difference in this team from the years past is mostly one player, Trent Tompkins. He's the best quarterback they've ever had, Mike baker was a good quarterback as well, but Trent wins the big ball game. He lost the valley game last year but he was only a sophomore. Central struggled in 2013 & 2014 because they didn't have solid quarterback play. I don't want to say the QB was bad, but they weren't consistent. I believe Tompkins is the difference because if you took him out of that offense then they would be so hot and cold every drive. I think Biggs is great btw, I just think central would've had success in years past with someone like Tompkins at QB. Also those transfers this year really helped the defense where I thought they'd struggle.
Walker, Washington and Ryan are studs. And Hollins has really proved he's worth scholarship offers, he wants them and I think he deserves some.

axel foley

Quote from: Lancelot on October 27, 2017, 10:42:18 AM

tyrone and malik in this case.....

G$

Quote from: axel foley on October 27, 2017, 04:58:34 PM
tyrone and malik in this case.....

Ya cause Central is the only school in the valley with black players... Racist DBag. This is probably the biggest reason I have 0 desire to be around people associated with clovis unified. You're a P.O.S buddy

Jazz

TeddyKGB

Quote from: G$ on October 27, 2017, 08:41:14 PM
Ya cause Central is the only school in the valley with black players... Racist DBag. This is probably the biggest reason I have 0 desire to be around people associated with clovis unified. You're a P.O.S buddy

obviously you have no clue, axle is neither associated with CUSD nor is he a racist. He has been on here and adamant about whom he works with but you are a self righteous overly sensitive little b.... You made an assumption, and lumped an entire group of people into one category that's just as bad as being a racist you moron.  You guys are way to sensitive maybe you should get estrogen levels checks out.

Bronco

Quote from: TeddyKGB on October 28, 2017, 11:43:43 AM
obviously you have no clue, axle is neither associated with CUSD nor is he a racist. He has been on here and adamant about whom he works with but you are a self righteous overly sensitive little b.... You made an assumption, and lumped an entire group of people into one category that's just as bad as being a racist you moron.  You guys are way to sensitive maybe you should get estrogen levels checks out.
He's just proving that he - and all those who 'think" like him ARE the true racists in this country . I've been associated with the CUSD for about 40 years now & have found far less "racists" working there then in most places I've traveled. A real Coach really does not care what color or creed a kid is associated with. Kids are judged by there ability & there contribution to the TEAM. Just because I've Coached in the CUSD for so long I guess that I am being labeled a racist !???! I call that attitude "racist" & I call ALL who have that attitude -  racist !!

tbone77

Quote from: TeddyKGB on October 28, 2017, 11:43:43 AM
You are right O voice of the Podunk Board. It's like someone saying "That kid is a real high motor kid". I never thought "jimmies" and "Joes" were about a specific race but I assumed the Jimmies and Joes" are Black anyway since they are best athletes generally speaking. Is that being too sensitive?

TeddyKGB

tbone I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or just not very bright, I don't understand what you're getting at or if you just aren't able to convert what you want to say into the written word.

axel foley

Quote from: G$ on October 27, 2017, 08:41:14 PM

yea i hate those clovis people too.  we agree and u.n.e.n.o

axel foley