News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Segura opts out of N/S Rotary game

Started by mylobos, June 26, 2014, 08:17:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D-5

coach cobra is driving himself crazy again coach cobra you have to move on

TeddyKGB

BRONCO2015

Quote from: TeddyKGB on June 28, 2014, 03:58:21 PM
Is this Hurd reincarnated?

Come now Teddy, did you just figure that out? Of course! You can take a monkey out of the jungle, but you can't get the jungle out of the monkey!    ;)

Why do they use costly new sterile needles to give a lethal injection? Really. Just save the same friggin' needle.

gman

My question is if he is possibly good enough to play in the Pac-12 why did not even a D-1A school offer him or a lower D-1 school ask him to walk on?

OriginalCVFan

Quote from: izne1home on June 27, 2014, 04:55:49 PM
I'm with you 100%.  I was just clarifying the CIF rule.  Edgar has wrapped up his high school career with legendary numbers.  Nothing but respect for the young man. 

CIF rule and NCAA rule are two different things.  NCAA has some pretty distinct and misunderstood req's as well. I remember a few years ago some Bakersfield area already graduated seniors who still hadn't made decisions or had opps at next level were planning on playing at a 7 on 7 tourney locally and would have lost a year college eligibility if they played
]

izne1home

Quote from: gman on June 28, 2014, 11:22:10 PM
My question is if he is possibly good enough to play in the Pac-12 why did not even a D-1A school offer him or a lower D-1 school ask him to walk on?

The larger issue is that a kid from Mendota has a shot, and he has a champion in his corner named Beto Mejia.  And for every Edgar with talent and publicity, there are thousands with average talent and no ESPN coverage.  They will likely go on to work in the fields at levels most of us cannot comprehend.  If I was in the latter group, I'm not sure if I would be hoping for Edgar to succeed, or to fall flat and return to the fields with me.  Human nature is funny like that.  

God gave Edgar this platform for a reason.  Maybe it's not to play high level D1 college football.  We will see.  

izne1home

Quote from: OriginalCVFan on June 29, 2014, 07:56:04 AM
CIF rule and NCAA rule are two different things.  NCAA has some pretty distinct and misunderstood req's as well. I remember a few years ago some Bakersfield area already graduated seniors who still hadn't made decisions or had opps at next level were planning on playing at a 7 on 7 tourney locally and would have lost a year college eligibility if they played

Absolutely right.  Section 14.6 of the NCAA Bylaws has been rewritten.  I am not sure if it is a substantive change, but the language is a little more convoluted now, so I can understand why a coach might tell Edgar to reconsider.   

Forceuser

On the flip side who cares, a kid opts out of a all star game.....BIG DEAL.....

Im guessing the only people who care are those running the game Because they lose out on a name that would sell tickets.  Im sure the kid is already over it and half way to Utah by now......

Move on Folks....
"All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today."
― Pope Paul VI

Forceuser

"All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today."
― Pope Paul VI