News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

D1 Playoff Discussion - SEMIFINALS

Started by Sixtynine, November 11, 2018, 02:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taysdad

Central wins 46-34.

Liberty at central next week for it all!

Congrats drillers and bears on great seasons.

HookEmHorns

Hats off to Liberty for their win. Great Game!!!!

Another comeback win for Central aka The Fighting Tompkins.  Trent Tompkins is a baaaaaaaaaad man.  This team is slightly above average without Tompkins and would have lost the last two weeks without him but alas he's there and kicking butt and taking names.  Edison or Bakersfield were the only teams I felt could derail the Grizzlies no disrespect to the Patriots but I expect Central to roll next week.

Sixtynine

Quote from: HookEmHorns on November 16, 2018, 09:46:37 PM
Hats off to Liberty for their win Great Game

Another comeback win for Central aka The Fighting Tompkins.  Trent Tompkins is a baaaaaaaaaad man.  This team is slightly above average without Tompkins and would have lost the last two weeks without him but alas he's there and kicking butt and taking names.  Edison or Bakersfield were the only teams I felt could derail the Grizzlies no disrespect to the Patriots but I expect Central to roll next week.

Agree HookEm.

No disrespect to Liberty, but I am picking Central to roll and Tompkins cementing himself into the GOAT conversation
Just my opinion, but my opinion is right

flexmac3

Quote from: taysdad on November 16, 2018, 09:21:44 PM
3 seconds left. 26 yards. Field goal to win it and the kick is good! Liberty wins! 24-23! Wow!!!
thanks tays for updates, congrats to Liberty.

knightsrule04

That Liberty-Buchanan game reminds me of another time Buchanan lost on a last-second field goal. Quarterfinals in 2009, they were given the #1 seed with Bullard as #2 (both teams 10-0 in the regular season). They hosted low-seeded Centennial, who had some junior QB who wasn't very good ;). Bullard put the finishing touches on a beating of Clovis West and were congregating on the field at McLane when the PA comes back on with a final: Buchanan 26.....Centennial 28 (announced this way to add suspense, of course)! Turns out it was a field goal to knock off the top seed, leaving Bullard with home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Two weeks later...well, check out my avatar :D
BULLARD KNIGHTS FOOTBALL: 2009 VALLEY CHAMPIONS!

Bullard Knights baseball: 5 Major Leaguers, 7 Valley titles, 4 CA titles, 1 CA runner-up, 2 National titles, 2 National runners-up, 1 5th place finish in the nation.

Bullard Knights softball: 5 Valley titles, 2 CA titles, 2 National titles.

Sixtynine

Quote from: knightsrule04 on November 16, 2018, 10:38:30 PM
That Liberty-Buchanan game reminds me of another time Buchanan lost on a last-second field goal. Quarterfinals in 2009, they were given the #1 seed with Bullard as #2 (both teams 10-0 in the regular season). They hosted low-seeded Centennial, who had some junior QB who wasn't very good ;). Bullard put the finishing touches on a beating of Clovis West and were congregating on the field at McLane when the PA comes back on with a final: Buchanan 26.....Centennial 28 (announced this way to add suspense, of course)! Turns out it was a field goal to knock off the top seed, leaving Bullard with home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Two weeks later...well, check out my avatar :D

That 2009 loss man. I had a front row seat for that. On the field. Trying to block that field goal.
Just my opinion, but my opinion is right

knightsrule04

Quote from: Sixtynine on November 16, 2018, 10:46:35 PM

That 2009 loss man. I had a front row seat for that. On the field. Trying to block that field goal.
Oh dang. Not gonna lie - I was a tad disappointed you guys didn't move on. Would have been an epic championship game. Though I was glad our road was a little easier with your loss.
BULLARD KNIGHTS FOOTBALL: 2009 VALLEY CHAMPIONS!

Bullard Knights baseball: 5 Major Leaguers, 7 Valley titles, 4 CA titles, 1 CA runner-up, 2 National titles, 2 National runners-up, 1 5th place finish in the nation.

Bullard Knights softball: 5 Valley titles, 2 CA titles, 2 National titles.

axel foley

They been doubting y'all all year... Praying and praying for your downfall... they don't wanna see you win.... y'all are undisciplined, the coach is overrated, ain't tough enough, will crack under pressure...... men lie women lie numbers dont......
CGOE.

kastnertbirds

Quote from: axel foley on November 17, 2018, 08:06:19 AM
They been doubting y'all all year... Praying and praying for your downfall... they don't wanna see you win.... y'all are undisciplined, the coach is overrated, ain't tough enough, will crack under pressure...... men lie women lie numbers dont......
CGOE.

Lame...
DEFEAT IS ONLY TEMPORARY.....QUITING MAKES IT PERMANENT...

Spazzilla

"This is the precept by which I have lived: Prepare for the worst; expect the best; and take what comes."
  - Hannah Arendt

TeddyKGB

I have said that I don't believe the Central coach is "great", I have never used the words overrated, and as I have said before he's been there 3 years no question has kicked butt all 3 years being in the D1 finals...But the litmus test will be how will he be without Tompkins. Will Central be playing for Valley championships in 3, 4, 6  years...Golla has endured the test of time thus far.

axel foley

Quote from: TeddyKGB on November 17, 2018, 09:16:30 AM
I have said that I don't believe the Central coach is "great", I have never used the words overrated, and as I have said before he's been there 3 years no question has kicked butt all 3 years being in the D1 finals...But the litmus test will be how will he be without Tompkins. Will Central be playing for Valley championships in 3, 4, 6  years...Golla has endured the test of time thus far.
nah homie... I was addressing you. although great isn't clearly defined like ever... but he doesnt just put out the balls and chalk the field.... he is on the cusp of doing something special

TeddyKGB

well we shall have to wait and see now won't we... so that you are clear as to what I define great as exceeding by far what is considered good, average or the norm, better than what was previously the consensus best.
There is no question that a guy leading his team to 3 VC finals, 1 win so far with two back to back 12 win seasons and a 35-4 record in 3 years is impressive to say the least, But as I said before we shall see how "special" things are without one of the best athletes in the section at QB... we all know coaches are smarter and better when they have better players.

axel foley

Quote from: TeddyKGB on November 17, 2018, 10:29:46 AM
well we shall have to wait and see now won't we... so that you are clear as to what I define great as exceeding by far what is considered good, average or the norm, better than what was previously the consensus best.
There is no question that a guy leading his team to 3 VC finals, 1 win so far with two back to back 12 win seasons and a 35-4 record in 3 years is impressive to say the least, But as I said before we shall see how "special" things are without one of the best athletes in the section at QB... we all know coaches are smarter and better when they have better players.

Bill belicehck, Nick saban, luke walton

BallGuy

Quote from: TeddyKGB on November 17, 2018, 10:29:46 AM

Teddy-I think all that is fair, and I agree with your points about Golla (Galla? Not sure, crucify me) He is obviously a great coach, who can game plan with the players he has and makes adjustments to whom he is playing. That being said with Biggs. Sure it will be a huge test without Trent, but in terms of how good he is blah blah...I think he needs more credit for what he's done with Trent and the rest of that offense. He was not always a Senior QB. He was an undersized soph, but the progression he's made is not all on thompkins, right? His half time adjustments should also be talked about (maybe their first half performances should be on him though). Let me know your thoughts, I like hearing good honest talk about this stuff. Yes, I am a central guy, and don't know enough about football to talk xs and os

Eaglemeat

People were talking about Valley football not being up "too par@ this year.  These 4 teams that played last night are very high quality, well coached teams.  Congrats to Central and Liberty.  Liberty hit them in the mouth last night.  #5 is the real deal.  Think he had something to prove last night with all the Milton talk??  I do.  Milton is as legit as it gets and #5 was stel for step.  Where is this young man going??  He's a monster.   Next week should be a great game.  Pagmeter better set this line a little lower than last week.  I'm thinking Central by 3.  Good luck to both teams. 

bksflddan

"The crux of leadership is seeing what needs to be done and doing it before anyone else"

Run fast! Stay Low!

bksflddan

"The crux of leadership is seeing what needs to be done and doing it before anyone else"

Run fast! Stay Low!