News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Buchanan OC

Started by Daddy, November 17, 2018, 11:01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daddy

First off, hats off to Liberty and Central on advancing to the championship. Well deserved. Who in the world is calling the shots for the Bear offense this year? I've gone to about 3 or 4 games and have seen the talent the Bears had this season. Good (big) offensive line, probably the best playmaker in the section (cropper), one of the better athletes in the section (#7 football/baseball guy going to Cal) and obviously Milton. Sprinkle in some of their other players they have and you have a very talented bunch of players. I've never ever seen a high school offense so predictable. Zero creativity. Felt bad for their players. Totally did them a disservice. The way I look at running a high school offense is,

1. Did you get your best player the ball....they did not

2. Do you have constraint plays off of your base plays.....they do not

3. Are you putting your quarterback in the best position possible for him to succeed (whatever his skill set may be).....and the answer was no.

Giardo needs some offensive staff turnover.

axel foley

sounds like you should send in your resume. although all year they been saying the qb gonna be the death of them

Daddy

Quote from: axel foley on November 17, 2018, 11:08:25 AM
sounds like you should send in your resume. although all year they been saying the qb gonna be the death of them

I would love to...my wife wouldn't though. From what I saw, the QB wasn't the major issue. It was how they used their players in my opinion.

taysdad

saw a tweet from trevor horn of bakersfield californian...sammy stewart of liberty touched the ball 43 times (38 rush, 5 catch). buchanan as a team had 38 plays for the game! guess speaks to the time of possession for liberty of maybe? not sure what exactly it was.

milton touched the ball 21 of those 38 plays for buchanan, so to your best player the ball question...i'd say 55% of the offense going through him is getting him the ball, assuming you think milton is their best player.

Eaglemeat

Where is Sammy Stewart going?

taysdad

Quote from: Eaglemeat on November 18, 2018, 08:12:52 AM
Where is Sammy Stewart going?

no d1 offers as of november 14th (via trevor horn). looks like, via sammy's twitter, he visited arizona and arizona st. dixie st is his only offer to my knowledge. (via his twitter on 3/30/18)

axel foley

Quote from: taysdad on November 18, 2018, 07:33:41 AM
saw a tweet from trevor horn of bakersfield californian...sammy stewart of liberty touched the ball 43 times (38 rush, 5 catch). buchanan as a team had 38 plays for the game! guess speaks to the time of possession for liberty of maybe? not sure what exactly it was.

milton touched the ball 21 of those 38 plays for buchanan, so to your best player the ball question...i'd say 55% of the offense going through him is getting him the ball, assuming you think milton is their best player.
but ole boy is the best thing ******* according to the guy on here.... 8649 scholarship offers... he should have touched balls for 76 out of Buchanan 38 plays.
this L go on coaching.

Daddy

Liberty did a great job of moving the chains all night. They fed Milton the ball yes but it was just way too predictable for my taste. In my opinion their most dangerous weapon (cropper) was severely underused this season. Feel bad for the kid. There is no creativity in what they are doing offensively and it ultimately hurt them in their biggest game of the season. Buchanons athleticism's bailed out their offensive staff in 2018 because schematically they were at a disadvantage all season. Changes need to be made if they want to keep Milton in Clovis for his senior year

Daddy