News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Okie Drills

Started by Governor, June 17, 2020, 06:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Governor

Thought it'd be fun to make a list of coaches you wouldn't want to face in an Oklahoma Drill. Here's my list in order.

1. Mike Jacott - Bulldog/forearms/bull ring facemask are the 3 thingsthat come to mind when I think about Mike. He may even have a cowboy collar. Hope I never find out.

2. (Throwback) Tim Murphy - not a whole lot needs to be said here. He would just out man me.

3. Kyle Biggs - comes from a great football family. His dad (I believe) was a great oline coach. I think he'd flat out beat me with technique unfortunately. Always has his game face on as well.

4. George Petresanz - some guys are strong, some guys are country strong. George is country strong. He'd be a great matchup for Murphy, just not a good matchup for myself. Low man wins.

5. Coach Arax - don't know much about him but he's got a football name and that goes a long way in this game.

6. Matt Geordarno - ex NFL player, yes that should rank him higher but I'm not quite sold yet. I would be worried about his quickness most of all. Guy can run. Gotta put guys like that in a phone booth, though as I like this match up for myself.

7. Rich Hammond - a lot like Geordarno he doesn't have quite the size. He does have a lot of bark. I'm worried he could pack a bit of a punch. Back to the size I'm torn because usually guys like these are real quick (see the Kansas City Chiefs for ex). It's a copy cat league so he might be the most underrated on the list. Who knows. I'm old school so I look at size first.

-Dean

TeddyKGB

Not sure if you meant to list only current coaches...

Chad Provensal

MiddleSchoolLegend

Lee Williams.  Then, Now, Forever.
QuoteI THINK IF YOU SHOW THEM LOVE AND SUPPORT, THEY WILL DO JUST ABOUT ANYTHING FOR YOU. THEY DESERVE SOMEONE TO BE HERE AND STICK AROUND.
Shannon Pulliam, who will be Hoover's fifth football coach in the past seven seasons.(and left after one season)

taysdad

Quote from: TeddyKGB on June 18, 2020, 09:41:41 AM
Not sure if you meant to list only current coaches...

Chad Provensal

2nd that. played for that man, talk about intensity.

steve-o

Quote from: MiddleSchoolLegend on June 21, 2020, 11:40:30 PM
Lee Williams.  Then, Now, Forever.
He's just a Teddy Bear :D :D........Lets go a little further back.....Mike Snyder????
if your not cheating your not trying!!

Darth Backer

Quote from: Governor on June 17, 2020, 06:40:51 PM
Thought it'd be fun to make a list of coaches you wouldn't want to face in an Oklahoma Drill. Here's my list in order.

1. Mike Jacott - Bulldog/forearms/bull ring facemask are the 3 thingsthat come to mind when I think about Mike. He may even have a cowboy collar. Hope I never find out.

2. (Throwback) Tim Murphy - not a whole lot needs to be said here. He would just out man me.

3. Kyle Biggs - comes from a great football family. His dad (I believe) was a great oline coach. I think he'd flat out beat me with technique unfortunately. Always has his game face on as well.

4. George Petresanz - some guys are strong, some guys are country strong. George is country strong. He'd be a great matchup for Murphy, just not a good matchup for myself. Low man wins.

5. Coach Arax - don't know much about him but he's got a football name and that goes a long way in this game.

6. Matt Geordarno - ex NFL player, yes that should rank him higher but I'm not quite sold yet. I would be worried about his quickness most of all. Guy can run. Gotta put guys like that in a phone booth, though as I like this match up for myself.

7. Rich Hammond - a lot like Geordarno he doesn't have quite the size. He does have a lot of bark. I'm worried he could pack a bit of a punch. Back to the size I'm torn because usually guys like these are real quick (see the Kansas City Chiefs for ex). It's a copy cat league so he might be the most underrated on the list. Who knows. I'm old school so I look at size first.

-Dean

There are quite a few small guys and QBs on this list. I'm not very impressed with this group.

Coach Gutierrez

Quote from: Darth Backer on July 15, 2020, 01:39:59 PM
There are quite a few small guys and QBs on this list. I'm not very impressed with this group.
Throw in Ben White of Orosi and Dave Clements  :u:

Coach Gutierrez