News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

What happened to Fresno State???

Started by AD, June 03, 2011, 05:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AD

What happened to go from a team that should have been hosting to a loss in the first game..... Looks like the season may be over not enogh pitching to lose the first game. Tell me how you take the on person who has two hits and scored two runs?

CWClassof2007

I was at the game and it was pretty damn embarrassing. I am friends with a lot of the guys on the team and I know they are embarrassed. They will be ready to play tomorrow against the UCLA/USF loser. I think it might be a blessing in disguise for them. If UCLA wins tonight and the Dogs win tomorrow in the elimination they won't have to face either of their aces. Gonzalez obviously had his worse game today but he wasn't given any help defensively. The offense was terrible until late in the game. But it is win or go home time now for them. If they lose tomorrow I am heading down to Fullerton. Hopefully I don't have to make that trip. 

JakeBaseball

Gotta play defense...Webers 5 run first really ended the game before it even started....they are up against the best tommorow in Bauer....should be a great test

edit: I will be down there tommorow....hope we can pull of the miracle
That just happened

CWClassof2007

Quote from: JakeBaseball on June 03, 2011, 09:11:00 PM
Gotta play defense...Webers 5 run first really ended the game before it even started....they are up against the best tommorow in Bauer....should be a great test

edit: I will be down there tommorow....hope we can pull of the miracle

UCLA lost? I am at the Fullerton game right now.

JakeBaseball

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on June 03, 2011, 09:34:20 PM
UCLA lost? I am at the Fullerton game right now.
Ya UCLA lost....tommorow will be intense.
That just happened

CWClassof2007

Quote from: JakeBaseball on June 03, 2011, 09:52:01 PM
Ya UCLA lost....tommorow will be intense.
I was really hoping they'd lose if we won tomorrow that we wouldn't have to face either of their top two.

the dude

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on June 03, 2011, 09:54:04 PM
I was really hoping they'd lose if we won tomorrow that we wouldn't have to face either of their top two.
sooo what??? you have to beat the best to be the best.  plain and simple.

Backwards K

Seems like only regional not being televised , is it on anywhere?
\\\"Four things come not back: The spoken word, The sped arrow, The past life, The neglected opportunity.\\\" Some One Wise Said It...

\\\"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.\\\"

CWClassof2007

Quote from: the dude on June 03, 2011, 11:11:15 PM
sooo what??? you have to beat the best to be the best.  plain and simple.

Yeah...what's your point? I know if they make it further they're going to have to face the best. If they come back and win this regional they're most likely going to play Virginia the #1 national seed.

baseballcloviswest

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on June 04, 2011, 02:27:38 PM
Bottom of first first batter hits one deep to right and Robinson robs him of a home run. Next three batter get hits and UCLA scores one. Ribera makes a nice play on a bunt getting the runner out at home. Then Polytress strikes out the next batter to end the inning.
ummmmm i think they have gametracker and the game is on the radio....we don't need your little league gamebreaking input

the dude

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on June 04, 2011, 09:30:59 AM
Yeah...what's your point? I know if they make it further they're going to have to face the best. If they come back and win this regional they're most likely going to play Virginia the #1 national seed.
my point is that your acting scared that if they have to play ucla they wont move on. its do or die time for them and  i have faith that the boys can pull this off.

CWClassof2007

Quote from: the dude on June 04, 2011, 03:50:36 PM
my point is that your acting scared that if they have to play ucla they wont move on. its do or die time for them and  i have faith that the boys can pull this off.

I am just saying it would have been easier facing UCLA's pitchers who aren't going to be drafted in the top 10.

gomez13571

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on June 04, 2011, 03:57:13 PM
I am just saying it would have been easier facing UCLA's pitchers who aren't going to be drafted in the top 10.

After losing the first game they deserved nothing less then to face that guy. If they deserved to continue in the tournament they had to prove they were worthy. Losing back to back games as the number 2 seed is horrible. Given that a good majority of the team is expected to be drafted. It should be interesting to see how they regroup next season.

UnbiasedOne

0-2 and a barbaque, that's what happened.  That was disappointing to say the least.
I drive really slow in the ultra fast lane while people behind me are going insane!  I'm an A******!

JakeBaseball

Quote from: UnbiasedOne on June 14, 2011, 12:30:15 PM
0-2 and a barbaque, that's what happened.  That was disappointing to say the least.
I agree....tough to see the team that had the 3rd most guys drafted in the Nation go 0-2
That just happened

JakeBaseball

That just happened