News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Pagmeter Rankings

Started by Backstop, March 27, 2023, 11:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backstop

Nick is ranting about how unfair the ranking system is, then advocates for being unfair by moving mid-level teams (AG/El D) into an upper bracket. Can't have it both ways, Nick.  There are 14 D-1 teams. It's not necessary to push a team or two into D-1 just to have 16 teams.  That's ludicrous.  Keep sad sack Clovis East in D-1. They may be horrible this season, but there's someone on this site who actually thinks they're a Top 10 team.  Let CE prove it, instead of making their playoff chances more favorable. Just my $.02.

https://thepagmeter.com/2023/03/26/pagmeter-baseball-division-rankings-2023/

Old man scout

Stop I agree that D1 teams should stay in D1 especially TRAC schools and 14 is the number, but I have Governors back he has never been shy on his backing of CE he is a devoted fan and both of you are entitled rank who ever you want the Governor is to me most improved  on this board the last few years and let's have fun on it.

Governor

Backstop

I'm so grateful CIF doesn't use his rankings.  His latest 'rankings' are a joke. He cries about how unfair it is to move teams up and down Divisions, then advocates for moving teams up and down. Teams have the ability, at the start of each season, to challenge their Division placement.  CIF needs to respect that and not mess with moving teams around. Too many shenanigans.  And Pagmeter needs to respect that.

Timmy Winn

Quote from: Backstop on April 07, 2023, 04:12:02 PM
I'm so grateful CIF doesn't use his rankings.  His latest 'rankings' are a joke. He cries about how unfair it is to move teams up and down Divisions, then advocates for moving teams up and down. Teams have the ability, at the start of each season, to challenge their Division placement.  CIF needs to respect that and not mess with moving teams around. Too many shenanigans.  And Pagmeter needs to respect that.

I don't follow pagmeter like I used to. Too much politics and outrage. He's the Greta Thunberg of local sports media. I think Gabe Camarillo does a really good job and seems to be everywhere.

CWClassof2007

Quote from: Timmy Winn on April 07, 2023, 10:12:27 PM
I don't follow pagmeter like I used to. Too much politics and outrage. He's the Greta Thunberg of local sports media. I think Gabe Camarillo does a really good job and seems to be everywhere.
There's a reason he's been at three different stations & is no longer at the last one.

Cristobal

Quote from: Timmy Winn on April 07, 2023, 10:12:27 PM

Gabe Camarillo is doing great things for the Valley!

chingata

Pagmeter got let go by ESPN 1430, or whatever the last station he was on with the Madera South coach?  That stinks.  Guess people don't like to hear the truth on the radio.  Who did they replace him with?

BallGuy

Quote from: chingata on April 10, 2023, 08:05:39 AM
Pagmeter got let go by ESPN 1430, or whatever the last station he was on with the Madera South coach?  That stinks.  Guess people don't like to hear the truth on the radio.  Who did they replace him with?

Or people tune into ESPN to catch up on sports and not worry about his political views.

chingata

Quote from: BallGuy on April 10, 2023, 12:04:11 PM
Or people tune into ESPN to catch up on sports and not worry about his political views.

I applaud him for sticking to what he believes.  I'm glad he didn't turn into Paul Swearingin. 

BallGuy

BallGuy