News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Division I

Started by TheKid2001, May 12, 2023, 05:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKid2001

With playoffs almost here, there are teams well-equipped on the mound to win two games a week, two weeks in a row...
Bullard: Schneider, Sam Reynolds
Stockdale: Featherston, Bowen Salyards
Clovis: Georges, Kasten/Borboa
Redwood: Volchko, Reece Bueno
Tulare Western: Moose Cuellar, John Callison
Frontier: Logan Judd, Joey Rodriguez
Bako Christian: Twist, Brassfield

Who else is looking strong on the bump entering the postseason (all divisions)?

Governor

Martini....East High

GoDogs

Quote from: TheKid2001 on May 12, 2023, 05:10:13 PM
With playoffs almost here, there are teams well-equipped on the mound to win two games a week, two weeks in a row...
Bullard: Schneider, Sam Reynolds
Stockdale: Featherston, Bowen Salyards
Clovis: Georges, Kasten/Borboa
Redwood: Volchko, Reece Bueno
Tulare Western: Moose Cuellar, John Callison
Frontier: Logan Judd, Joey Rodriguez
Bako Christian: Twist, Brassfield

Who else is looking strong on the bump entering the postseason (all divisions)?

Buchanan- Guentz (Pepperdine commit), O'Toole (Long Beach State commit)

Backstop

Wow! Rough day for TRAC!

BallGuy

Yup, but Central won a d2 game, and Buchanan still in it. Shows how down Trac was this year, how spread out the talent is this year, and the "rebuilding" Bears are competitive as hell

CWClassof2007

Quote from: Backstop on May 17, 2023, 07:59:09 PM
Wow! Rough day for TRAC!
Last year was worse for them somehow. We are a Righetti win away from back to back seasons without a TRAC team in the D1 semis. Everyone else has caught up to the league.

Old man scout

The drop in the talent level in the TRAC and Fresno Clovis area has been huge have my reasons why. But a big reason is listening to the wrong people the truth is this Senior class is way down on D1 or Pro skills type kids. Have kids ask me all the time what school do I think they should go to and I tell them make first team  all league as a sophomore or junior then we can talk. Get hits off a D1 commit if a pitcher k the D1 hitter a couple times BE GOOD Hell Buchanan only beat AG 3 to 0. Sorry for venting but you cannot believe what kids and parents say. Labby caught a ton of heat for telling the truth.

TeddyKGB

Quote from: Old man scout on May 18, 2023, 01:15:37 AM
The drop in the talent level in the TRAC and Fresno Clovis area has been huge have my reasons why. But a big reason is listening to the wrong people the truth is this Senior class is way down on D1 or Pro skills type kids.

you think much of this has to do with the travel/daddy ball?

CWClassof2007

Quote from: TeddyKGB on May 18, 2023, 10:44:16 AM
you think much of this has to do with the travel/daddy ball?
100%. High school baseball doesn't seem to be the priority for some players. Same thing in basketball for AAU.

BallGuy

Or talent is just cyclical, and this is a huge overreaction. Is it a trend or a one-off. I'll place my bets on it being a one-off, and the water will find it's level in the next year or two. We had three Trac schools really young with Buchanan, Clovis and North. They'll get older and flooded with d1 commits. But it's a great time to trash the trac. Much like the SEC when they had a bad bowl season. Trac is still the best league in Fresno/Clovis, but yes the Visalia schools are coming up, and Bako is very talented. The only team that actually underachieved this year is West with the talent they had on the team.

Timmy Winn

Quote from: BallGuy on May 18, 2023, 11:45:05 AM
Or talent is just cyclical, and this is a huge overreaction. Is it a trend or a one-off. I'll place my bets on it being a one-off, and the water will find it's level in the next year or two. We had three Trac schools really young with Buchanan, Clovis and North. They'll get older and flooded with d1 commits. But it's a great time to trash the trac. Much like the SEC when they had a bad bowl season. Trac is still the best league in Fresno/Clovis, but yes the Visalia schools are coming up, and Bako is very talented. The only team that actually underachieved this year is West with the talent they had on the team.

Completely agree. The TRAC will be back next year.

SparkPlug

Quote from: BallGuy on May 18, 2023, 11:45:05 AM

Lets really dive into this a little.  First of all, i think the TRAC was DOWN this year, but to call out CW as underachieving is BS.  There are/were 3 TRAC schools competing in the D2 playoffs...that alone is UNDERACHIEVING!  The TRAC is a conference meant to compete in D1  if you look at the TRAC all conference selections, which are now public,  you'll see that CW probably finished where they should have.  Here are the number of 1st and 2nd team ALL TRAC selections by school:

Buchanan 8
Clovis 7
Clovis East 3
Clovis West 2
Central 2
Clovis North 1

And CW was still mathematically alive to win the TRAC, until the last week of the TRAC season.  Was CENTRAL, with the same number of 1st and 2nd team selections?

Call Josh L. if you have any questions.

If we did a little deeper (maxpreps), you'll see that CW started 1 frosh, 3 sophs, 3 juniors and 2 seniors in their playoff game yesterday.  I think the Eagles will be just fine moving forward.  Just wasn't their year, but to say they underachieved, is a little harsh.  Good luck to the Grizzlies, with their 4K students, in the consolation tourney.

Governor

Quote from: SparkPlug on May 18, 2023, 07:14:36 PM
Lets really dive into this a little.  First of all, i think the TRAC was DOWN this year, but to call out CW as underachieving is BS.  There are/were 3 TRAC schools competing in the D2 playoffs...that alone is UNDERACHIEVING!  The TRAC is a conference meant to compete in D1  if you look at the TRAC all conference selections, which are now public,  you'll see that CW probably finished where they should have.  Here are the number of 1st and 2nd team ALL TRAC selections by school:

Buchanan 8
Clovis 7
Clovis East 3
Clovis West 2
Central 2
Clovis North 1

And CW was still mathematically alive to win the TRAC, until the last week of the TRAC season.  Was CENTRAL, with the same number of 1st and 2nd team selections?

Call Josh L. if you have any questions.

If we did a little deeper (maxpreps), you'll see that CW started 1 frosh, 3 sophs, 3 juniors and 2 seniors in their playoff game yesterday.  I think the Eagles will be just fine moving forward.  Just wasn't their year, but to say they underachieved, is a little harsh.  Good luck to the Grizzlies, with their 4K students, in the consolation tourney.

Who is Josh L?

GoDogs

Cristobal

Quote from: SparkPlug on May 18, 2023, 07:14:36 PM
\ Good luck to the Grizzlies, with their 4K students, in the consolation tourney.

SparkPlug when you bite into your sour grapes do you make the bitter beer face?

Governor

Quote from: GoDogs on May 18, 2023, 11:08:00 PM
I believe he's referring to Labby

Of course. Josh Labby is a stud.

SparkPlug

Quote from: Cristobal on May 19, 2023, 06:18:43 AM

No sour grapes here, did I say anything false?  Is it actually more than 4K?

BallGuy

Quote from: Cristobal on May 19, 2023, 06:18:43 AM

LMAO! Everyone's entitled to your opinion, mine is just that I think yours is wrong-even if your smash the all caps button. CW was ranked in state pre-season. Was Central or CN or CE? Also, it's been discussed, student population does not equal baseball players. As my previous post said. Five people trying out for the baseball team, not enough to field a frosh team.

Backstop

Old man scout

CW players fans and Coaches had high hopes for this years team a roughly 500 team and 1st round blowout loss was not what the expectations where for this team it struggled to score runs so I think you would have to agree either the players where not very good or that they underachieved. As for Central underachieved no doubt and it's a joke they are playing D2. Really like Mitch but you cannot nominate 7 guys for TRAC recognition when you finish last 2 second team guys and 5 honorable mention. PS honorable mention is a joke not every player deserves recognition.

Old man scout