News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Board opinion (semi finals)

Started by Governor, May 21, 2023, 01:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Governor

I was having a baseball conversation today with one of my longtime pals and we discussed several topics. One was the baseball semi finals coming up. More specifically the D1 baseball playoff bracket.

He argued that Clovis/Fresno schools should be rooting on Buchanan High in their upcoming game against Stockdale High and potentially a Championship against Redwood High or Centennial High. He said that Buchanan High represents the area and especially this season that is "our only dog in the fight." He wanted them to win so our area would look better perhaps?

I thought that was interesting. What do you guys think?

HS Harry

I think Stockdale at Buchanan should be a great game, a section championship type game by the last two section championship winners. Mr. Guentz (Pepperdine) vs Mr. Featherston (Oregon). I've seen both teams play and both pitchers pitch, and I think it will be a great battle. Buchanan came alive after the Clovis series, and Stockdale's bats have been pretty solid all year, in addition to a couple solid arms.

I don't like to bet, but my best guess would be Redwood @ Stockdale in Visalia.
Chazz Michael Michaels IS figure skating

BallGuy

Really seems like a competitive final four. I've seen a total of 0 games from any of them.

In terms of who we should root for in Fresno/Clovis-it's like when the dodgers are in the WS when you're a Giants fan. Should you root for someone in division and league (NL and West)? Yes. Will you? Depends on the type of fan you are. I'll be pulling for Buchanan tho. It is good for the area, and really like Fontes and the program he runs.

Governor

Thanks Guy. Good points brought up by you.

What does OMS think?

TeddyKGB

Quote from: Governor on May 21, 2023, 01:49:46 PM
He said that Buchanan High represents the area and especially this season that is "our only dog in the fight." He wanted them to win so our area would look better perhaps?
I thought that was interesting. What do you guys think?

I can some what agree, I will usually root for Bakersfield teams with the exception of garces and BCHS.

knightsrule04

I subscribe to your typical Bullard view: anti-Clovis everything. So, naturally, I hope Buchanan loses. This isn't new; when two Clovis schools play against each other for any championship I hope that something happens so neither can win lol
BULLARD KNIGHTS FOOTBALL: 2009 VALLEY CHAMPIONS!

Bullard Knights baseball: 5 Major Leaguers, 7 Valley titles, 4 CA titles, 1 CA runner-up, 2 National titles, 2 National runners-up, 1 5th place finish in the nation.

Bullard Knights softball: 5 Valley titles, 2 CA titles, 2 National titles.

BallGuy

Quote from: knightsrule04 on May 22, 2023, 10:08:32 PM
I subscribe to your typical Bullard view: anti-Clovis everything. So, naturally, I hope Buchanan loses. This isn't new; when two Clovis schools play against each other for any championship I hope that something happens so neither can win lol

Lol exactly how i am against the Dodgers. I do think the better Buchanan does the better it is for the perception of valley baseball (including Bakersfield).

Cristobal

Quote from: knightsrule04 on May 22, 2023, 10:08:32 PM

:u:

Old man scout

Think this is a 53 47 game with Stockdale being a slight favorite based on experience both teams are solid and deep this I think will come down to one big play. Don't see a lot of runs so who scores first has BIG advantage playing at Buchanan helps the Bears going to give the call to Stockdale just because Governor asked. Should be a great High School baseball game.

TeddyKGB

Centennial vs Redwood: have to take the G'hawks to set up an all Bakersfield Valley Championship game.

Stockdale vs Buchanan: Same with Stockdale, get the win and set up a rematch with their rival for the Valley Championship.

BallGuy

Buchanan over Stockdale

Centennial over Redwood

Heck of a valley championship coming our way

Governor

Dang. Buchanan High with a phenomenal high school baseball game against Stockdale High. Both teams with a great game.

I just didn't see Buchanan High performing the way they have this season. I did not rank them high in my pre season rankings because of the players they lost from last year. I have to tip my cap to Buchanan High on yet another great year. Good job.

Stockdale High is good too.

TeddyKGB

Quote from: Governor on May 23, 2023, 10:31:28 PM
Stockdale High is good too.

I would say so, they were the number 3 seed playing on the road against the 2 seed and lost by one. Of their 7 losses this season they lost to tough competition Notre Dame (28-3), Clayton Valley (22-5), BCHS (24-7), Franklin, Elk Grove (28-4), Righetti (22-8) and two games in league one each to Liberty and Centennial.

CWClassof2007

Quote from: TeddyKGB on May 24, 2023, 12:31:47 PM
I would say so, they were the number 3 seed playing on the road against the 2 seed and lost by one. Of their 7 losses this season they lost to tough competition Notre Dame (28-3), Clayton Valley (22-5), BCHS (24-7), Franklin, Elk Grove (28-4), Righetti (22-8) and two games in league one each to Liberty and Centennial.
Yep. Notre Dave was the top seed in the Southern Section, Clayton Valley is playing for the NCS title, BCHS is playing in the D2 title game, Franklin is playing in their section championship, Elk Grove is always good & Righetti got beat by Buchanan 2-0.

TeddyKGB

and Centennial is playing for the Valley championship.

TeddyKGB