News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Top Teams

Started by Old man scout, January 29, 2024, 02:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old man scout

Have not seen as many games as usual because certain factors but interested in who people think are the top teams really like 2 of Clovis High's pitchers and looks like a few Buchanan kids have moved into the district. Heard from a few of Buchanan grads and there is some grumbling hopefully 69 will confirm what I heard. The season is ready play ball.

CWClassof2007

Quote from: Old man scout on January 29, 2024, 02:06:22 PMHave not seen as many games as usual because certain factors but interested in who people think are the top teams really like 2 of Clovis High's pitchers and looks like a few Buchanan kids have moved into the district. Heard from a few of Buchanan grads and there is some grumbling hopefully 69 will confirm what I heard. The season is ready play ball.
Sixtynine won't know anything. He's a Bullard shill now.

Sixtynine

Quote from: Old man scout on January 29, 2024, 02:06:22 PMHave not seen as many games as usual because certain factors but interested in who people think are the top teams really like 2 of Clovis High's pitchers and looks like a few Buchanan kids have moved into the district. Heard from a few of Buchanan grads and there is some grumbling hopefully 69 will confirm what I heard. The season is ready play ball.

Buchanan should still be good because they still have some really good players on the roster, despite some leaving.

Not sure what you've heard from different alumni, but some of the ones I've talked to have been given the cold shoulder by current staff members. An example would be going to introduce yourself and being stared up and down without any communication or acknowledgment back.

I also understand that some alum been kicked out of facilities when trying to use them (we had always encouraged guys to come back and use the weight room/field). Sadly a lot of alum don't feel connected anymore, which is too bad. I certainly can't speak for everyone, but at least the ones I talk to.
Just my opinion, but my opinion is right

Sixtynine

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on January 29, 2024, 04:28:55 PMSixtynine won't know anything. He's a Bullard shill now.

😂

Timmy Winn

I've heard the same things 69 has. Glaus seems to want to put his own stamp on things and the problem with that is that the Buchanan folks have become accustom to the program being run a certain way for so long. It appears those days are gone. Buchanan will have a new culture and identity, whether or not it is as successful as its predecessors is another story.

SparkPlug

Not sure who he, is but I recall seeing something like "Bubba's" Rankings not too long ago.  Not sure if he's a member of the media???  He had Clovis #1 and I believe CW or Bullard #2.  The TRAC will be very balanced IMO, with maybe the exception of one school...
Outside of the TRAC in D1, Bullard will be solid as will many of the Bakersfield teams (Liberty, Stockdale, Frontier, Centennial).  Redwood returns a top pitcher as well.

Bakersfield Christian will be tough with its pitching.  Madera will give Bullard a run in the CMAC.  Coach Mooseborn with his academy in place will have Memorial playing at a higher level this year.  Fresno High will go 15-0 in the NYL and be placed high in D2.

Governor

Quote from: SparkPlug on January 31, 2024, 09:37:51 AMNot sure who he, is but I recall seeing something like "Bubba's" Rankings not too long ago.  Not sure if he's a member of the media???  He had Clovis #1 and I believe CW or Bullard #2.  The TRAC will be very balanced IMO, with maybe the exception of one school...
Outside of the TRAC in D1, Bullard will be solid as will many of the Bakersfield teams (Liberty, Stockdale, Frontier, Centennial).  Redwood returns a top pitcher as well.

Bakersfield Christian will be tough with its pitching.  Madera will give Bullard a run in the CMAC.  Coach Mooseborn with his academy in place will have Memorial playing at a higher level this year.  Fresno High will go 15-0 in the NYL and be placed high in D2.

He may. There is a lot of good media coverage and all do a great job.

Steven Kurtis is the best out of all of them I would say. He put his out today. He's usually spot on the rankings.

I do think East High will suprise teams again this year. They have a new player.

Timmy Winn

Clovis High looks so good on paper. Those two arms at the top of their rotation are amongst the best in the entire valley. I've been out to a few CN practices and they have a lot of kids out there and some really big kids too. Prieto has those guys in the weight room. CW should be good TP is one of the best in the section and I expect him to pitch well and anchor their offense. I don't know what to expect over at Buchanan but you can bet that I will be rooting against them. I love what smith is doing at CE and I'm excited to see his program continue to grow. I don't care much for the Fresno schools but Bullard will be awesome and SJM should bounce back a little. I think Clovis is tough to beat and JD might start his March to a dynasty this year.

Old man scout

69 Your reply is what I heard high profile college kids not being able to use the facilities during the break very sad in my opinion. If you going toputvthere pictures on the fence how about letting them get there working.

tru guru

Quote from: SparkPlug on January 31, 2024, 09:37:51 AMNot sure who he, is but I recall seeing something like "Bubba's" Rankings not too long ago.  Not sure if he's a member of the media???  He had Clovis #1 and I believe CW or Bullard #2.  The TRAC will be very balanced IMO, with maybe the exception of one school...

"Bubba" is Bubba Smith.  Just a kid that pitches for Fowler, lol.  That being said, his rankings were pretty solid from what I saw.

Clovis is going to be a tough out.  They have speed at the top of the lineup and some pop behind it. Georges and Kasten are a great 1-2 punch.  If I have any concerns it's if they have a solid #3 on the bump and/or any solid "tournament pitching" behind that.  This is probably Clovis' best team since at least 2014 or 2015, and I am fully aware they have won a couple of VC's since then.

I drive by CE every day, and they have some supersized jumbo kids out there practicing.  Idk if they are any good but a solid program there and will beat some folks.

Buchanan takes BP for about 14 hours a day so I hope they can hit because they have zero arms.

CN I know zero about other than they can play football and basketball out there.

CW is TP and a bunch of ??????'s

Central is on the other side of Blackstone and for legal reasons I'm not allowed to cross it so I have no clue, lol

Other than the TRAC, I'm on the Madera bandwagon.  That lefty is gonna shove vs some good teams.....

Timmy Winn

What's up with Trey Morris from Washington Union? Is he going to be able to throw this year? Kid is a stud.

tru guru

Quote from: Timmy Winn on February 01, 2024, 11:17:25 AMWhat's up with Trey Morris from Washington Union? Is he going to be able to throw this year? Kid is a stud.

I've been told he will not pitch this year but may be able to hit. I saw him this Summer and he did not hit during the game but took BP after.

Sixtynine

Quote from: tru guru on February 01, 2024, 11:02:21 AM"Bubba" is Bubba Smith.  Just a kid that pitches for Fowler, lol.  That being said, his rankings were pretty solid from what I saw.

Clovis is going to be a tough out.  They have speed at the top of the lineup and some pop behind it. Georges and Kasten are a great 1-2 punch.  If I have any concerns it's if they have a solid #3 on the bump and/or any solid "tournament pitching" behind that.  This is probably Clovis' best team since at least 2014 or 2015, and I am fully aware they have won a couple of VC's since then.

I drive by CE every day, and they have some supersized jumbo kids out there practicing.  Idk if they are any good but a solid program there and will beat some folks.

Buchanan takes BP for about 14 hours a day so I hope they can hit because they have zero arms.

CN I know zero about other than they can play football and basketball out there.

CW is TP and a bunch of ??????'s

Central is on the other side of Blackstone and for legal reasons I'm not allowed to cross it so I have no clue, lol

Other than the TRAC, I'm on the Madera bandwagon.  That lefty is gonna shove vs some good teams.....

If Becerra (from Buchanan now at Clovis) chooses he wants to pitch I think he would be a very good #3 option. Or a closer even

In addition, I think CN is a top 3 TRAC team this season

Timmy Winn

Quote from: Sixtynine on February 01, 2024, 01:27:22 PMIf Becerra (from Buchanan now at Clovis) chooses he wants to pitch I think he would be a very good #3 option. Or a closer even

In addition, I think CN is a top 3 TRAC team this season

There's a buzz out at the stables. I don't know if that translates to wins but there more interest and excitement at CN than there's been in years. Plus the kids are bigger and stronger and more athletic than past teams. I could see top 3.

knightsrule04

Bullard should be able to swing it well, with four+ senior bats going D1 (two of whom, along with another senior uncommitted, have been on varsity at Bullard since freshman year). Hoping the pitching steps up. Just gotta get past whichever Bako team they play in the quarterfinals this year lol (3 straight home QF losses to Bako schools).
BULLARD KNIGHTS FOOTBALL: 2009 VALLEY CHAMPIONS!

Bullard Knights baseball: 5 Major Leaguers, 7 Valley titles, 4 CA titles, 1 CA runner-up, 2 National titles, 2 National runners-up, 1 5th place finish in the nation.

Bullard Knights softball: 5 Valley titles, 2 CA titles, 2 National titles.

Sixtynine

Saw Buchanan for 5 innings today.

They have an ace if Heintz throws like he did today. Tall lefty, about mid 80s. Will obviously have to see if he can do that consistently.

Looks to me that they will be a good team and win a lot of games because they still have good players in the lineup

CleverUserName

Quote from: Timmy Winn on February 01, 2024, 04:43:56 PMThere's a buzz out at the stables. I don't know if that translates to wins but there more interest and excitement at CN than there's been in years. Plus the kids are bigger and stronger and more athletic than past teams. I could see top 3.

CN is going to be really good...look out for them to make some noise!

Sixtynine

I'm prepared to be dead wrong but as of now I think Clovis North is a top 3-4 team in the section

Timmy Winn

Quote from: Sixtynine on February 10, 2024, 09:44:29 AMI'm prepared to be dead wrong but as of now I think Clovis North is a top 3-4 team in the section

I think CN will hit. If Hertel and Prieto end up legit #1 & #2 guys they could win a lot of games.

SparkPlug

I'd expect Clovis North to make a significant improvement in 2024 after going 6-24 combined the last 2 years in the TRAC. Much of the same cast is back, who are in their 3rd year on varsity squad. 

I still see them finishing behind Clovis, Buchanan and CW, but much more competitive, without a doubt. 

SparkPlug