News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Recent posts

Central Section Football / Re: Future of the TRAC
Last post by mkb152 - Yesterday at 09:18:57 PM
Quote from: TeddyKGB on May 15, 2024, 02:39:52 PMI was under the impression that CSUD was an At-will Employer and there was no union.

Whether there is a union or not, permanency protections are embedded in CA EdCode.  There is no such thing as an at-will school employee.  Classified employees receive permanent status at 6 months, and certificated employees get permanent status after two school years, but effectively after March 15th their second year (assuming they are fully credentialed).

Now without a union, it's less likely a teacher going through a dismissal process will be able to afford the legal appeals it takes to fight it.  But the protections are not given by the union, but state law.

Baseball / Re: D1 Playoffs
Last post by Timmy Winn - Yesterday at 08:52:33 PM
CN looked solid tonight. Wyatt is back at 2nd base batting lead off and hit another bomb tonight. He also came in and pitched a clean inning in the sixth. I was told before the game he could throw an inning or two and I was pretty surprised. I didn't see a gun tonight but I bet he was in the mid 80's and his off speed stuff was there. Hertel closed it out. Tough game next Tuesday.
Last post by Timmy Winn - Yesterday at 08:48:55 PM
I gotta give Bullard credit. I didn't think they'd get past this round. Even with Donald and all that talent. It's so hard to not play a tough game for a month and a half and be able to compete in the playoffs against the best in the section. The CMAC is so brutal. Should be a fun game at CW next week.
Last post by knightsrule04 - Yesterday at 08:37:29 PM
Quote from: CWClassof2007 on Yesterday at 06:38:01 PMBullard 4 Frontier 3
I saw Frontier took the lead in the 6th and got worried history would repeat itself - Bullard had lost home quarterfinals to Bako schools each of the last 3 years. Glad they got over the hump, and facing #1 they'll need to use that resilience.
Last post by CWClassof2007 - Yesterday at 06:38:01 PM
Clovis West 6 Centennial 3
Tyler Patrick with a 2 run home run in the first & the win on the mound.

Liberty 8 Stockdale 1

Bullard 4 Frontier 3

Bullard at Clovis West

Clovis North/Madera at Liberty
Last post by Timmy Winn - Yesterday at 01:40:50 PM
Quote from: hardhitter23 on Yesterday at 01:18:17 PMLOL and free meals from the snack bar on game days

Don't get me started on snack bar hijinks. Friends of the program type of stuff...
Last post by hardhitter23 - Yesterday at 01:18:17 PM
Quote from: Timmy Winn on Yesterday at 01:08:13 PMI can't confirm the validity of this but I heard there was a local private school who had transfers coming in and getting free cars to 'use'. I also know that there are 'street agents/scouts' out there who will shop kids from high school to high school looking for opportunity. I know for a fact that it happens in baseball and football. Head over to Clovis West or CN tonight and you'll see a few out at the baseball games.

LOL and free meals from the snack bar on game days
Last post by hardhitter23 - Yesterday at 01:16:09 PM
Quote from: Pack Mentality on Yesterday at 09:36:16 AMThank you for pointing out the obvious (no sarcasm implied). No one wants to talk about that. Trujilo lived in Parlier and went to SJM. I highly doubt all those kids are good catholic boys who embrace their lord and savior. The one year Colby called the offense at Bullard, when Fares came in as Co-HC, they went from 5-7 to 9-3 and to the semi-finals. That QB transferred in not being at Bullard. The Russo kid that won them D2 VC in 21, came from North. Bullard recruited him so people don't think Colby Hunter doesn't recruit? Ignorance is bliss. When the coaches say to the kids "more eyes on tape" is a recruiting tactic and I can speak to that when I coached college ball for a few years. But do they have any more eyes than Central, North, West and Clovis. Central has put guys in D1 so Biggs has connections. Jacot has connections to down South. West and Clovis both have HCs who coached D1 college ball. What more eyes do you need with a QB who will receive more SEC offers???

Funny you bring up Russo. He left North because they had a three headed QB battle over there. Jacot didn't name a starter and they didn't want to play in his run heavy offense so ALL three of those Qbs left. I would fact check before you bring up a point with zero credit. One went to Bullard, One went to Buchanan and the other went to Utah since they were playing during Covid. Pagmeter actually addressed this a lot of times as well when it happened. They left because they all wanted to start and throw the ball
Last post by hardhitter23 - Yesterday at 01:11:38 PM
Quote from: Pack Mentality on Yesterday at 09:26:47 AMSo you're going to stand on the hill that the Buchanan kids that transferred over because the East area is growing? You're going to tell me the parents of those kids are going to buy a home and move over to the East area rather than live in the area they're at? Unless they live in the Tarpey area, we all know most people would stay in the north area of Clovis and CN region as to the area East is at. "Nix shopped around" looking for the best situation but why East then? Would've been a stud at Central, North, Clovis, West also. What has East done recently that made him go there? Because QB wise, Miller isn't receiving offers at all. Rose has received an offer from Auburn and was being heavily recruited by Washington when DeBoer was there so eyes would've been on him more than East. Utah has offered Rose also so why wouldn't have Nix gone there. Central has 2 WRs receive big time offers and one is now in the NFL. West recently put 3 WRs to D1 programs? Nix chose East because Colby Hunter sold him on being McMillen, Kelly and Dalena who all went D1. He followed a coach who did that, but you don't think Colby didn't talk him into going to East during his shop around time??? Come on now bro!

No the Buchanan kids transferred cause they are down in football. The Clovis North kid transferred cause he lived in the foothills and his parents bought a house in the East area.

The other kids cant speak for in living situation but they left BHS cause they were not very good and it is a building area. Memorial everyone knows they got all the Hanford kids at that one point but look what's going on now there. They relied on the transfers didn't build their lower level and now they are hurting. It comes in waves todays kids want to be associated with winners. Clovis East is the next best thing smoking in that area so it is easier for them to go there instead of Central for say
Last post by Timmy Winn - Yesterday at 01:08:13 PM
Quote from: TeddyKGB on Yesterday at 08:02:30 AMWhat exactly do they offer these kids? Its a public school so they don't offer tuition, does CE have some slush fund that they dole payments out, do they house these kids? Give them gas cards or cars? How exactly do they recruit them and what do they give them?

I can't confirm the validity of this but I heard there was a local private school who had transfers coming in and getting free cars to 'use'. I also know that there are 'street agents/scouts' out there who will shop kids from high school to high school looking for opportunity. I know for a fact that it happens in baseball and football. Head over to Clovis West or CN tonight and you'll see a few out at the baseball games.