News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Central Section Coaching Openings 2024

Started by ironman45, November 16, 2023, 03:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raw Dawg Sports, Templeton Football and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

TeddyKGB

Quote from: hardhitter23 on December 10, 2023, 07:27:45 AMI believe it. Every coach I talked to said they wouldn't touch that program even out of desperation. This was from 5 coaches. FUSD football is not good right now and getting worse. There no longer a D1 school in the FUSD but they have at least 2000 inner city kid at any different time. Bullard will look like McLane, Hoover, Roosevelt ect and Edison is almost there

this is a reflection of the leadership.

ironman45

does anybody have any insight on what happened at HW? I know they went 0-9 or 0-10 this year with a new hc. 

any other news?

Darth Backer

Quote from: ironman45 on December 11, 2023, 02:26:44 PMdoes anybody have any insight on what happened at HW? I know they went 0-9 or 0-10 this year with a new hc. 

any other news?

The Administration decided to go in another direction. That's a tough place to build a program being the third choice in town for athletes. The school also has a number of behavior issues and elegibility problems.

ironman45

Quote from: Darth Backer on December 11, 2023, 02:29:55 PMThe Administration decided to go in another direction. That's a tough place to build a program being the third choice in town for athletes. The school also has a number of behavior issues and elegibility problems.

lots of schools are dealing with behavior and eligibility now a days. Going from a reaching a section title game to a winless season is crazy to think about, but not shocking. I am talking about any school, not just HW.

Darth Backer

Quote from: ironman45 on December 11, 2023, 02:37:14 PMlots of schools are dealing with behavior and eligibility now a days. Going from a reaching a section title game to a winless season is crazy to think about, but not shocking. I am talking about any school, not just HW.

I guess you kind of answered the question yourself then...

DEE

Cristobal

Quote from: DEE on December 15, 2023, 07:35:10 AMFowler is now open!

Interesting, I wonder how this will impact if Bubba Smith stays or looks for a new spot to play?

SparkPlug

Quote from: Cristobal on December 15, 2023, 08:15:36 AMInteresting, I wonder how this will impact if Bubba Smith stays or looks for a new spot to play?

Millbrook and Teague should be an option.

valleyfootball95

A-town Hound

Dan Loney is the next head coach at Atascadero.

ironman45

TeddyKGB

With all the turn over who are the coaches with the longest term... I believe Nixon has been at Liberty 10 years I believe.

ironman45

Quote from: TeddyKGB on December 18, 2023, 12:16:25 PMWith all the turn over who are the coaches with the longest term... I believe Nixon has been at Liberty 10 years I believe.

I think Coach Blackwell at Strathmore may have the longest term. Followed by Coach Nolte Liberty Madera, Coach Ward Caruthers, Coach Mejia Mendota. 

Darth Backer

Quote from: ironman45 on December 19, 2023, 02:17:46 PMI think Coach Blackwell at Strathmore may have the longest term. Followed by Coach Nolte Liberty Madera, Coach Ward Caruthers, Coach Mejia Mendota. 

Bennett has been the head guy at Tulare Union since 1996 or 1997...

shafteralum

Quote from: Bud Kilmer on November 17, 2023, 09:51:04 AMHow long does Nixon keep it up?

A lot of smoke around this today.  A Liberty supporter posted and then deleted a social media comment saying Nixon has stepped down.  Back channels of coaches talking to fellow coaches seem to think it's true.  The interesting thing to me this this: word is the AD is retiring this year.  If Nixon steps down, does the sunsetting AD lead the search, or do they hire a new AD first and allow them to lead the search for the next HC?

ironman45

Quote from: Darth Backer on December 21, 2023, 09:28:30 AMBennett has been the head guy at Tulare Union since 1996 or 1997...

Wow, that's incredible!

TeddyKGB

Liberty High School...Nixon stepped down.

mkb152

Quote from: Darth Backer on December 21, 2023, 09:28:30 AM1995 season (95-96)
Quote from: Darth Backer on December 21, 2023, 09:28:30 AMBennett has been the head guy at Tulare Union since 1996 or 1997...

1995-1996 year (1995 season).  He's *probably* the most tenured head coach currently.

mkb152

Quote from: ironman45 on December 19, 2023, 02:17:46 PMI think Coach Blackwell at Strathmore may have the longest term. Followed by Coach Nolte Liberty Madera, Coach Ward Caruthers, Coach Mejia Mendota. 

Blackwell is from 2000, and Bennet has him by 5 years.

The other three are relatively veteran, but not near the most tenured. Ward in particular has been HC not quite a decade (previously Casanova was there forever).

But it's tough to have someone the same place a long time.  It's a ton of work and can often be thankless. 
Best bet if you want to be HC for a long time is find a nice place with support (typically a one-horse town) and make the big time where you are at.

Bud Kilmer

Quote from: shafteralum on December 21, 2023, 12:25:09 PMA lot of smoke around this today.  A Liberty supporter posted and then deleted a social media comment saying Nixon has stepped down.  Back channels of coaches talking to fellow coaches seem to think it's true.  The interesting thing to me this this: word is the AD is retiring this year.  If Nixon steps down, does the sunsetting AD lead the search, or do they hire a new AD first and allow them to lead the search for the next HC?

Article says he's going into Administration. AD search may not be that long (even though that's not an admin position) he could make a very good one.

Who has the resume or pedigree to take over Liberty? Locally, there aren't that many choices imo.

Bud Kilmer