News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Roosevelt

Started by CoachJackieS, February 11, 2013, 08:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

izne1home

Quote from: eartotheground on April 07, 2013, 10:12:42 AM
Look at his coaching lineage.  Santa Margarita, Clovis West, J Serra, CW again, Central, Reedley JC and now Roosevelt.  Once again great hire, not buying into the perfect fit or needed a challenge thing though. 

I think it is important to distinguish between his career as an assistant under Hartigan/Martin, and his career as a HC. This is only his second HC job, and I'm not sure how green that plastic turf was at Central.  RHS will provide Casey all the challenge he needs, and will allow him to have a greater impact on the lives of the young men he coaches.  Central was/is a school in transition.  Lots of thoroughbreds with attitudes and expectations to match. 

In the overkill dept, I'm not sure I agree.  Bringing a inner-city program like Roosevelt back to the competitive days of the past is a tall order.  I think this is an excellent fit. 

CWClassof2007

Quote from: eartotheground on April 07, 2013, 10:12:42 AM
This is a great hire for Roosevelt,  even a little overkill.  Predicting a short marriage here.  If you look at Casey's skill set as a coach, experience, scheme knowledge, weight room emphasis, organizational skills, fund raising experience, and general program building abilities he will be successful at some level at Roosevelt.  But, when making hires, it's almost more important to look back rather than what the coach can do in the future.  Quinn has never been a coach to let grass grow under his feet, and he has been at some places with some mighty green grass.  Look at his coaching lineage.  Santa Margarita, Clovis West, J Serra, CW again, Central, Reedley JC and now Roosevelt.  Once again great hire, not buying into the perfect fit or needed a challenge thing though. 
I'm pretty sure Quinn never went to J Serra with Hartigan & I don't think he came with him to Clovis West from Santa Margarita either.

izne1home

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on April 08, 2013, 12:30:18 AM
I'm pretty sure Quinn never went to J Serra with Hartigan & I don't think he came with him to Clovis West from Santa Margarita either.

Not sure.  I know he coached with Hartigan and was on the SM staff in 2002.  I believe he came to CW in 2003 along with Serge (but not sure - he wasn't listed on Jacot's SM staff in 2003).  After initially getting to CW, I know he went back down south for one season but I'm not sure where he coached.  He returned to CW where he stayed until leaving in 2008 to become the HC at Central.  When Hartigan left in 2007, the only assistant he took was Serge.

obiwan

Quinn is from Oregon and he worked with Hartigan at SM...at the time Hartigan left for OC, he didn't go because he didn't want to leave Fresno...

Grizz51

Quote from: izne1home on April 07, 2013, 04:58:39 PM
I think it is important to distinguish between his career as an assistant under Hartigan/Martin, and his career as a HC. This is only his second HC job, and I'm not sure how green that plastic turf was at Central.  RHS will provide Casey all the challenge he needs, and will allow him to have a greater impact on the lives of the young men he coaches.  Central was/is a school in transition.  Lots of thoroughbreds with attitudes and expectations to match. 

In the overkill dept, I'm not sure I agree.  Bringing a inner-city program like Roosevelt back to the competitive days of the past is a tall order.  I think this is an excellent fit. 

I am with you on the "overkill." A onetime HC who didn't get it done at the last place is suddenly Mr. Overkill for a certain schools?  I would rather think that this is a wonderful second shot and should be appreciated for the opportunity.
Remember, it's all about the kids......

Love TheFn Game

Quinn attended Ashland High School in Ashland Oregon.  He also coached at Santa Margarita with Hartigan and came with Hartigan to CW.  The year Hartigan won the valley championship vs. Stockdale he left and returned to LA.  He either coached at SM or J Serra in the Trinity League for one year before returning to CW.

whatahorse

Good Luck to Coach Quinn, RHS is a tough job...the last 2 coaches have done a good job at getting the culture changed to a more positive effort.  Hoping to see more movement toward the Roughriders becoming competitive and exemplary of what student athletes are supposed to be.   GO  'Riders!  :u: :u: :u:

whatahorse