News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

SWYL/ Week 0

Started by TeddyKGB, August 22, 2016, 11:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeddyKGB

Bakersfield vs. Pleasant Grove @ Ventura
   Drillers should be much improved and have speed, I don't believe PG will be ready for the style of Defense that the Drillers play too hard to replicate at practice.

Centennial  vs. St Bonaventure @ Ventura
  St. Bonaventure is always good, not sold on Centennial.

Cabrillo @ Frontier
  Frontier has a huge Oline and fast kids in the back field, their QB should be back for this one. Cabrillo on the road and wasn't very good last year.

BCHS @ garces
Not very impressed with BCHS, garces is suppose to be much improved and coaching should make a difference in this one.

Stockdale @ Ridgeview
  Ridgeview will have too many athletes for Stockdale to contain.

Liberty @ Clovis West
   Liberty has a new Oline, QB and RB, not sure they can over come that. Should be a low scoring game, both teams will play good defense

TeddyKGB

hardhitter23

Bakersfield
St Bonaventure
Frontier
BCHS
Ridgeview
Clovis West

hardhitter23

TeddyKGB

I'm curious hardhitter, why do you give BCHS the edge over garces?

TeddyKGB

hardhitter23

I just don't believe that Garces has turned it completely around. Will they have a better year then before? Yes, but I haven't bought into it yet.

hardhitter23

Van Smack

BHS
St. Bonnie
Frontier
Garces
Ridgeview
CW
Have a take, and make sure it doesn't suck!

Van Smack

Van Smack

Quote from: TeddyKGB on August 22, 2016, 01:06:47 PM
I'm curious hardhitter, why do you give BCHS the edge over garces?

Because either 1) he heard The Carr's refuses to trade scrimmage film with AJ Gass on HUDL, and he feels like Gass and Co. will be ill prepared because they have no film on BCHS.  Or 2) he doesn't know what he is talking about.

I am thinking more along the lines of number 2

Van Smack

TeddyKGB

BCHS has good athletes, but I have been very unimpressed with the way they have played in the couple of games I have watched them, one being a playoff game against Highland.

TeddyKGB

taysdad

BHS
ST BON
FRONTIER
GARCES
RIDGEVIEW
CW

taysdad

Bronco

Garces will out-Coach BCHS. AJ Gass will become one of the top Coaches in the Central Section - if the money guys & parents at Garces will let him (but they might not cuz he will not care if you paid a million or a hundred - the best kid will play)

Bronco

taysdad

Quote from: Bronco on August 22, 2016, 10:08:46 PM
if the money guys & parents at Garces will let him (but they might not cuz he will not care if you paid a million or a hundred - the best kid will play)

and that's the way it should be

taysdad

TeddyKGB

Quote from: Bronco on August 22, 2016, 10:08:46 PM
Garces will out-Coach BCHS. AJ Gass will become one of the top Coaches in the Central Section - if the money guys & parents at Garces will let him (but they might not cuz he will not care if you paid a million or a hundred - the best kid will play)

That Gass/garces will out coach BCHS I have no doubt. 

TeddyKGB

mw1

Quote from: Van Smack on August 22, 2016, 03:17:38 PM
Because either 1) he heard The Carr's refuses to trade scrimmage film with AJ Gass on HUDL, and he feels like Gass and Co. will be ill prepared because they have no film on BCHS.  Or 2) he doesn't know what he is talking about.

I am thinking more along the lines of number 2

It must be "2".. because you don't need any game film on BCHS to know what they plan to do:  Pass to Foster (and Balfanz), hand ball to Figures.
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."

mw1

"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."

TeddyKGB

"hand the ball to _____" will not be high priority for BCHS, they will live and die by the pass.

TeddyKGB

Sonny Crockett

This is an improved Driller team but is still unproven. I think they'll get it done Saturday in Ventura
BHS 27-6

Centennial  vs. St Bonaventure @ Ventura
St Bonny has a big O-line and a talented RB while CHS has 2 big D1 commits and is on the rise as a program. Will probably be a closer game than most think.
St Bonny 20-16

Cabrillo @ Frontier
FHS is the worst coached team in the Central Valley and they schedule 3 cupcake pre-league games to make the playoffs. I call it like I see it
FHS-27-10

BCHS @ Garces
Garces = OVERRATTED! But they are better than BCHS at this point (BCHS wins this game next year and for the foreseeable future)
Garces 29-12

Stockdale @ Ridgeview
This could be the best team Ridgeview has ever had and Stockdale is severely under-coached, similar to Frontier
Ridgeview 49-14

Liberty @ Clovis West
LHS is the best team in the SWYL, but Clovis West is the best team in the Valley
Clovis West 42-24

Sonny Crockett

Forceuser

No Clue...just voting as a homer on this one.

Centennial vs. St Bonaventure @ Ventura
See above

Cabrillo @ Frontier
I hope Frontier gets it done

BCHS @ garces
I fought for this game, when I was at BCHS.  We had it scheduled but Garces Pulled out.  That always pissed me off.  I hope BCHS pulls it out.

Stockdale @ Ridgeview
Ridgeview is just too good

Liberty @ Clovis West
Liberty is going to be fine this year.  But with new pieces at key spots Clovis may be much right now for them.
"All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today."
― Pope Paul VI

Forceuser

"All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today."
― Pope Paul VI

Jazz

BHS
St. Bonnie
Frontier
Garces
Ridgeview
Liberty

Jazz

Beercat

Best St. Bonnie team in years, this could be ugly by the end of the game

Beercat

Bronco

St B is a Quality Football Program

Bronco

tailgator

Remind us again why Garces scheduled BCSH?  What's the upside for the Rams playing a D-5 school?? The last time they met was 2011 in a scrimmage and the Hawks refused to invite the Rams back because they played too rough!!  BCHS should be thanking Garces for the opportunity!

tailgator

Darth Backer

BCHS has been in D3 since at least 2014...

Darth Backer

TeddyKGB

Quote from: tailgator on August 26, 2016, 11:23:00 AM
Remind us again why Garces scheduled BCSH?  What's the upside for the Rams playing a D-5 school?? The last time they met was 2011 in a scrimmage and the Hawks refused to invite the Rams back because they played too rough!!  BCHS should be thanking Garces for the opportunity!

my guess is that they are both parochial school so they want to set up a "natural" rivalry game: "Catholics vs. Christians". With the players that BCHS has if they were better coached they would give garces a better game, maybe win.

TeddyKGB

hardhitter23

Another Holy bowl game! I like the idea setting up a rival.

hardhitter23

Darth Backer

Darth Backer

footballforever

Quote from: tailgator on August 26, 2016, 11:23:00 AM
Did BCHS change their mascot from Eagles?
Col 3:23

footballforever

Col 3:23

TeddyKGB

no, they're still the eagles.

TeddyKGB

CWClassof2007

The big question is which SWYL team is Bakophats going to be a fan of this season.

CWClassof2007

BakoPhats

Centennial of course. My only pic this week is Liberty to win big. My Golden Hawks are going to get killed. St. Bony is a class act as a program.
Sit down and learn from the Master.

BakoPhats

Sit down and learn from the Master.

CWClassof2007

Quote from: BakoPhats on August 26, 2016, 07:22:10 PM
Centennial of course. My only pic this week is Liberty to win big. My Golden Hawks are going to get killed. St. Bony is a class act as a program.
Clovis West 21 Liberty 21 4:46 left in the third quarter. Blowout.

CWClassof2007

hsfootballfan27

Im not at the game but it sounds  like whoever has the ball last in the liberty cw game will win this one.

hsfootballfan27

CWClassof2007

Clovis West interception, returns it to the 3 yard & kicks a field goal. CW 24 LHS 21 1:52 left in the 3rd.

CWClassof2007

taysdad

Quote from: Flicker on August 27, 2016, 09:08:30 AM
From a previous post:  "BCHS @ garces
I fought for this game, when I was at BCHS.  We had it scheduled but Garces Pulled out.  That always pissed me off.  I hope BCHS pulls it out."

Now you know why Garces has always "pulled out", if that statement is even true.  After watching Garces dismantle BCHS last night, it verified everything I have seen from BCHS over the years.  This game could have easily been 75-0.  I have never seen a more overrated, weak, out of shape, unprepared team with horrible coaching. This only strengthened my impression that at BCHS its all about the "spin" and the tweets. No substance, just hype. From my perspective I am shocked that BCHS would want this game. It shined a huge spotlight on the sham. They were weak, out of shape, and mostly untalented. They got totally lit up, were slow getting up, and vomiting all over the field. This is why I would imagine Garces used to "pull out", as they typically try not to schedule weak opponents. Remember, Garces has to play in the power league, while BCHS will try and whoop all over Arvin and spin it into something "magical". Pathetic.

seeing how force was the former coach at bchs, i have no reason to doubt his statement. as for your bashing of other coaching and players, that's low. saying garces out played and out coached them is one thing. to shame them like that, not cool.

taysdad

tailgator

Quote from: footballforever on August 26, 2016, 04:04:53 PM
Did BCHS change their mascot from Eagles?

Are they the Eagles; sorry, wrong feathered friend..As for D-3 since 2014, have the Eagles played Kingsburg yet?  That'd be a good match-up of two programs that wanted Garces in the "worst way" ::) Are you finally at peace Force :-[

tailgator

CWClassof2007

Why did Liberty go from Bryson Faulconer to Isaiah Hill at quarterback at one point during the second half?

CWClassof2007

Forceuser

Quote from: tailgator on August 27, 2016, 02:34:09 PM
Are you finally at peace Force :-[

You know there is the human in me that is, but for the most part I coached a lot of those kids.  I just want to see them have success(except when we play them..haha).  For all the things I believe that are wrong with the school itself.  The kids there for the most part did everything I asked, and gave me all they had.  I have a lot of love for them as human being and young men.  I know the coaching staff takes a lot of heat on here, but Darren is a good man.  He is in the coaching profession for the right reason, to mold young men and pour into their lives. 

For Flicker, It was the year after our state run.  Garces knew they were not going to be very good, and we were going to be pretty solid.  So they decided to schedule Mount Whitney instead of us.  Anyways, water under the bridge.
― Pope Paul VI

Forceuser

― Pope Paul VI

TeddyKGB

I'm not surprised by what Flicker is saying about BCHS, as they face teams with better talent and better coaching the coaching staff will be exposed for what they are, a glorified youth league staff. I agree that BCHS is "all about the spin and tweets" that coaching staff was brought in as a ploy to drive enrollment. The head coach was on the Drillers staff and he's finding out that coaching isn't as easy when you don't have the talent and speed they had at Bakersfield or when you look over on the side line and instead of Golla is Roger. The BCHS team, parents and admin will beat their chest when they beat teams in the SSL like Arvin, Taft, Etc. but they get embarrassed when they play a team of equal talent.

TeddyKGB

Driller86

I'm back on here after 11 years, I think 2005 when I moved from Bako to AZ.  I see nothing has changed.  BHS is down a few years and people think the balance of power in bakersfield has changed ... As long as BHS has great coaching they will have good years, this might be one of them.  Actually seem to have talent to run the veer this year.  Time will tell.

Driller86

ThetruthBeTold

I think I'll gloat a bit as I was the only one who called that Liberty would beat the previously crowned (Dennis Green style) CW this past week.  As I said before, CW needs to learn to win Varsity games, not JV games.  The fact that Liberty started a entirely new O-Line and still won defiantly puts in perspective of how "average" CW really is. 

ThetruthBeTold

Driller86

I just posted in a preseason poll thread that CW had no business being ranked #1 based on "talent" preseason.  Last year matters until it doesn't.  Liberty should have been ranked #1 in Div 1 and #2 in the valley with Ridgeview first, until games are actually played.  I'm as homer as possible for BHS, but I still respect what Liberty and Ridgeview did last year, they deserved the props from the valley.. I promise if CW or BHS had won a title last year, and graduated everyone they would have still been ranked #1 until they lost.  That is how it is should be for all teams.

Driller86

CWClassof2007

Quote from: ThetruthBeTold on August 29, 2016, 11:40:21 AM
I think I'll gloat a bit as I was the only one who called that Liberty would beat the previously crowned (Dennis Green style) CW this past week.  As I said before, CW needs to learn to win Varsity games, not JV games.  The fact that Liberty started a entirely new O-Line and still won defiantly puts in perspective of how "average" CW really is.
I agree that CW needs to learn how win varsity games. But I wouldn't call them average when looking at the top D1 schools. Bakersfield & Clovis seemed to have the most impressive wins in their first game. I'd put Liberty & Clovis North right behind them. Then Clovis West.

CWClassof2007