News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

TRAC Dominance

Started by Old man scout, March 01, 2018, 11:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old man scout

Well the TRAC has showed its power these first two weeks with a combined record of I believe of 36 and 2.Things get much tougher next week. Then it all starts which players have separated themselves for All TRAC and All Velley.

Old man scout

Baseball101

Quote from: Old man scout on March 01, 2018, 11:09:54 AM
Well the TRAC has showed its power these first two weeks with a combined record of I believe of 36 and 2.Things get much tougher next week. Then it all starts which players have separated themselves for All TRAC and All Velley.

The TRAC will feast on themselves all season long.  It'll be interesting to see who is left standing!
"Everyday is an opportunity you don't get back, so don't blow it working."- Frank Gallagher

Baseball101

"Everyday is an opportunity you don't get back, so don't blow it working."- Frank Gallagher

CWClassof2007

This happens every year in the TRAC. The top 2 or 3 teams will separate themselves from the others in the league. From what I've seen I'll pick Clovis West. But the could change by the end of next week. 

CWClassof2007

swingmantoo

The Trac schools usually field the strongest and deepest teams and they get 6 out of 8 games at home. Whereas the non Trac schools have to play 6 or 7 of the coke  classic games on the road. The tournament is set up perfect for the Trac schools.

swingmantoo

CWClassof2007

Quote from: swingmantoo on March 02, 2018, 06:53:00 PM
The Trac schools usually field the strongest and deepest teams and they get 6 out of 8 games at home. Whereas the non Trac schools have to play 6 or 7 of the coke  classic games on the road. The tournament is set up perfect for the Trac schools.
Home field advantage isn't why the 3 undefeated teams have outscored their opponents 160-19 so far.

CWClassof2007

swingmantoo

Not having to drive 45 minutes 3 days a week is an advantage  and the ball parks in the south valley are more like at&t, not like the minute maid park like Trac fields. Not saying the same three schools wouldn't be undefeated but I doubt if the run differential is as large. Playing in the same park 6 games in a row is an advantage over playing in 6 different parks 6 games in a row. You played, you know playing at home is an advantage.

swingmantoo

tru guru

Quote from: swingmantoo on March 02, 2018, 09:12:09 PM
Not having to drive 45 minutes 3 days a week is an advantage  and the ball parks in the south valley are more like at&t, not like the minute maid park like Trac fields. Not saying the same three schools wouldn't be undefeated but I doubt if the run differential is as large. Playing in the same park 6 games in a row is an advantage over playing in 6 different parks 6 games in a row. You played, you know playing at home is an advantage.

Minute Maid Parks?  Lmao!  Clovis High is where fly balls go to die, dude.  The others can get a little live when the wind is right but no different than Visalia and Tulare.  Mount Whitney is a dead zone but El D, GW and Redwood are freaking launching pads.  TW may as well be a slow pitch field at Plaza Park it's so live.  Hanford West needs to move their scoreboard so they can save what's left of it.  Bombs flying into that thing and leaving friggin' moon craters busting lights like Robert Redford in The Natural. Duh, it's hard to be on the road, but El D is young, HW is.....HW, and Tulare Western is WAY down.  Whitney is probably the best of the bunch.  It ain't the ballparks it's poor defense and lack of pitching depth costing them in this tourney. 

tru guru

CWClassof2007

Sorry. I've played & watch many games at Centennial in Bakersfield. That's easily the most hitter friendly stadium in the Central Section.

CWClassof2007

diamond king

Centennial field is a joke. Clovis High is 400 to center...

diamond king

CWClassof2007

Not a great weekend for the league. 4-6 combined against much better competition than they faced in the Coke Classic. I'll include Cal Hi Sports state rankings in this. Acalanes, Clovis, Clovis West & Franklin were all  on the bubble.

Friday
De La Salle 6 #9 Buchanan 1
SLO 6 #16 Clovis North 0
Clovis West 1 Centennial 0
Clovis 3 Granite Bay 2
Clovis East 7 Beyer 2

Saturday
#3 Elk Grove 13 #9 Buchanan 1
De La Salle 2 #16 Clovis North 0
Acalanes 4 Clovis West 3
Franklin 6 Clovis 2
Clovis East 3 SLO

CWClassof2007

Jim Jefferies

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on March 10, 2018, 03:26:26 PM
Not a great weekend for the league. 4-6 combined against much better competition than they faced in the Coke Classic. I'll include Cal Hi Sports state rankings in this. Acalanes, Clovis, Clovis West & Franklin were all  on the bubble.

Friday
De La Salle 6 #9 Buchanan 1
SLO 6 #16 Clovis North 0
Clovis West 1 Centennial 0
Clovis 3 Granite Bay 2
Clovis East 7 Beyer 2

Saturday
#3 Elk Grove 13 #9 Buchanan 1
De La Salle 2 #16 Clovis North 0
Acalanes 4 Clovis West 3
Franklin 6 Clovis 2
Clovis East 3 SLO

Maybe the TRAC isn't what you all make it out to be......... welcome back to reality.

Jim Jefferies

CWClassof2007

Quote from: Jim Jefferies on March 10, 2018, 05:33:14 PM
Maybe the TRAC isn't what you all make it out to be......... welcome back to reality.
It's still the best league in the section & one of the best in the state.

CWClassof2007

Jim Jefferies

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on March 10, 2018, 09:04:00 PM
It's still the best league in the section & one of the best in the state.

No doubt about the section, and yes one of the BETTER ones in the State. Although this year its REALLY LIGHT, just a handful of D1 commits and ZERO Pro Prospects, not to mention the lack & depth of pitching. Let's be honest man, its a down year and thats just the way it is.

Jim Jefferies

CWClassof2007

Quote from: Jim Jefferies on March 10, 2018, 09:58:47 PM
No doubt about the section, and yes one of the BETTER ones in the State. Although this year its REALLY LIGHT, just a handful of D1 commits and ZERO Pro Prospects, not to mention the lack & depth of pitching. Let's be honest man, its a down year and thats just the way it is.
They didn't have any pro prospects last year either.

CWClassof2007

Jim Jefferies

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on March 10, 2018, 10:20:55 PM
They didn't have any pro prospects last year either.
You're right....... AND IT WAS DOWN LAST YEAR TOO!!!! Stop drinking the Kool-Aid man and have some reason to your thought, tough to make that call when your eyes never get outside the bubble.

Jim Jefferies

JustaCoachNow

Does the amount of "pro prospects" determine if a league is up or down? Would one kid being a pro prospect make it an up year? If the CSL had 1 pro prospect, would that make them stronger than the TRAC? I would think if a league had 7 D1 commits and no pro prospects compared to say a league with 3 pro prospects and no D1 commits, I would take league with the most commits.
I don't think the TRAC was down last year. There were a lot of kids  that are playing and performing in D1 right now. I think the pitching is down this year in the TRAC. Not as deep.

JustaCoachNow

Jazz

It seems like the whole valley in general is down.  I remember when everyone had at least 1 dude that threw upper 80's or low 90's.  Even the county D4/5 programs had a guy.  It wasn't too long ago Fowler had 3 of them on 1 team with Poitress, Cederquist, and Martinez, and the next year they added Darrah. (All D1/MLB guys). The talent pool doesn't seem as big as it used to.  I don't know maybe I'm entering the "back in my day " phase of my life, but it sure seems that way.   

Jazz

Jim Jefferies

Quote from: JustaCoachNow on March 11, 2018, 10:55:11 AM
Does the amount of "pro prospects" determine if a league is up or down? Would one kid being a pro prospect make it an up year? If the CSL had 1 pro prospect, would that make them stronger than the TRAC? I would think if a league had 7 D1 commits and no pro prospects compared to say a league with 3 pro prospects and no D1 commits, I would take league with the most commits.
I don't think the TRAC was down last year. There were a lot of kids  that are playing and performing in D1 right now. I think the pitching is down this year in the TRAC. Not as deep.

Its down, PERIOD...... And I'm not talking about the CSL so take it easy with that one.... If a kid has been committed to a D1 program then a scout has likely laid his eyes on him. Which also means they are pretty good players, when you have a bunch of good players in a league on seperate teams it makes it more competitive. The 3 kids you are talking about all played on the same team so hows that make the LEAGUE better? They are also NOT playing all the time or performing at the level you are talking about, they are holding their own for Freshman..... I am a huge supporter of our local teams/ athletes and want them to excel vs out of the area teams but the REALITY is, is that the TRAC is a mediocre league this year and has been for the past few years. This past weekend should've put that in perspective but apparantly not.

Jim Jefferies

JustaCoachNow

I'm not sure what three players you are talking about. I was using a hypothetical situation as with using the CSL as an example of a league less superior to the TRAC. You seem to be in such a hurry to let everyone else know that you are right and nobody else has an opinion, that you can't even read the post. It wasn't meant for arguement or to say you are right or wrong, it was for discussion. Loosen the painties and calm down. I'll help you out. You are right, TRAC is mediocre and has been down for several years. Nobody else has an opinion and we don't know anything.

JustaCoachNow

Jim Jefferies

It is down and has been for the past couple years. You said "I dont think the TRAC was down last year. There were a lot of kids that are playing and performing in D1 right now."   Who? What schools?

I just dont understand how one could think the league is so strong when the players in the league aren't as talented as in past years, what makes the league so tough?   

The Pagmeter must've said it sitting in a love seat live from his studio at Fashion Furniture....

Jim Jefferies

tru guru

The TRAC as a whole has been down since about 2014.  Still a tough league, but can no longer expect all of its top 3 or 4 teams to compete at a State, much less a National level.  The difference is not in the D-1 "studs" or even draftable type kids, they still get their share of those, but rather in the other VERY good high school players that may go on to to play NAIA, D-2, or even JC ball.  I have not watched a ton of games so far, but I'm not seeing the same top to bottom talent as past seasons.  Just my opinion and obviously subject to change as the season progresses.

tru guru

Baseball101

Quote from: Jim Jefferies on March 11, 2018, 10:05:12 PM
It is down and has been for the past couple years. You said "I dont think the TRAC was down last year. There were a lot of kids that are playing and performing in D1 right now."   Who? What schools?

I just dont understand how one could think the league is so strong when the players in the league aren't as talented as in past years, what makes the league so tough?   

The Pagmeter must've said it sitting in a love seat live from his studio at Fashion Furniture....

I know of Aruda and Presno at Fresno State, former Buchanan Bears

Baseball101

Jazz

Quote from: Jim Jefferies on March 11, 2018, 10:05:12 PM

Off the top of my head I can think of Grant Gambrell from Buchanan is a soph P at Oregon St., Colton Eastman is a Jr. P at Fullerton, and Jack Labowski is a Sr. IN/P from Clovis North.  All are having very successful careers. I heard Braden Franfurt C from Clovis North transferred from Santa Clara to Fresno Pacific.

Jazz

Jim Jefferies

You named one kid from each year out of 6 teams in the TRAC.... There are some good players but its just not like it used to be is what im saying. Not nearly the same depth position players wise and very noticeable on the mound. Nice HS players

Jim Jefferies

CWClassof2007

There's only one public school league in the state that's on par with the TRAC. That's the Delta League with Davis, Elk Grove, Franklin, Grant, Jesuit, Monterey Trail, Pleasant Grove & Sheldon. Even then you're comparing 6 teams to 8.

CWClassof2007

RoughRider84

Jesuit is not a public school.

RoughRider84

CWClassof2007

Quote from: RoughRider84 on March 20, 2018, 08:33:12 AM
Jesuit is not a public school.
Every other school is. My point is the other powerhouse leagues in the state are made up almost completely of private schools.

CWClassof2007

Jim Jefferies

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on March 20, 2018, 03:05:20 PM
Every other school is. My point is the other powerhouse leagues in the state are made up almost completely of private schools.

The league is down period, competitive but down...... They play really good baseball outside the valley too my man... private or public

Jim Jefferies

CWClassof2007

Quote from: Jim Jefferies on March 20, 2018, 06:36:33 PM
The league is down period, competitive but down...... They play really good baseball outside the valley too my man... private or public
Never said they didn't.

CWClassof2007

Backwards K

Southern Section, Metro Mesa Conference where my son coaches is pretty competitive as well, with schools like Cathedral Catholic ,East Lake, El TORO,
Huntington Beach, Etiwanda, San Marcos, Rancho Bernardo ... to clarify not all these are in the metro , non conference competition opponents in the section div 1 teams...
\\\"Four things come not back: The spoken word, The sped arrow, The past life, The neglected opportunity.\\\" Some One Wise Said It...

\\\"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.\\\"

Backwards K

\\\"Four things come not back: The spoken word, The sped arrow, The past life, The neglected opportunity.\\\" Some One Wise Said It...

\\\"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.\\\"

Baseball101

Quote from: Jim Jefferies on March 19, 2018, 11:29:35 PM
You named one kid from each year out of 6 teams in the TRAC.... There are some good players but its just not like it used to be is what im saying. Not nearly the same depth position players wise and very noticeable on the mound. Nice HS players

Ok Jim, what years and players made the TRAC dominant in the past years "like it used to be"?

Baseball101

hello_newman

Quote from: Baseball101 on March 22, 2018, 10:05:10 AM
Ok Jim, what years and players made the TRAC dominant in the past years "like it used to be"?

Don't you remember back when Kershaw, Jeter, ARod, Strawberry, Koufax and Mickey Mantle all played in the TRAC?  Those were the days.

hello_newman

Baseball101

Quote from: hello_newman on March 22, 2018, 11:44:49 AM
Don't you remember back when Kershaw, Jeter, ARod, Strawberry, Koufax and Mickey Mantle all played in the TRAC?  Those were the days.

HAHAHA  How could I forget?!

Baseball101

tru guru

Quote from: Baseball101 on March 22, 2018, 11:54:24 AM
HAHAHA  How could I forget?!

You guys are funny......Just off the top of my head:

2014 Clovis High

Jake Gatewood   Milwaukee Brewers

Alan Crowley       Atlanta Braves

McCarthy Tatum   Fresno State

Preston Mott         UC San Diego

Tevin Mitchell        UCSB

Evan Steele           Cal State East Bay

Jeremy Garcia        Cal State Monterey Bay

Dakota Stilson        Northern State (SD)

Also had at least 5 current or past JC players and I probably forgot someone.

Buchanan and Clovis North were absolutely loaded that year as well.  I will let someone with more knowledge than I comment on them.  Regardless, Jim's point is valid.  The TRAC is down this year as a whole and nowhere near what it used to be.  You will not see this many players from one team play after high school this year.  The depth is just not there.

tru guru

Jim Jefferies

I dont need to name players or the years it has been better than this year, too many names & years to name then all. People that have been around and know the history of the TRAC will agree with me. Its is a good league but its down "THIS YEAR" and thats just the way it is. I don't expect you guys to understand, you guys just haven't seen enough baseball to know that is all..... Try watching hs baseball from outside of the area, it might open your eyes...............

Jim Jefferies

Baseball101

Quote from: Jim Jefferies on March 23, 2018, 09:16:28 AM
I dont need to name players or the years it has been better than this year, too many names & years to name then all. People that have been around and know the history of the TRAC will agree with me. Its is a good league but its down "THIS YEAR" and thats just the way it is. I don't expect you guys to understand, you guys just haven't seen enough baseball to know that is all..... Try watching hs baseball from outside of the area, it might open your eyes...............

Thanks for the laugh LOL
Don't need to name or can't name? 
I've watched plenty of baseball thank you very much.

Baseball101

Baseball101

Quote from: tru guru on March 22, 2018, 02:54:26 PM
You guys are funny......Just off the top of my head:

2014 Clovis High

Jake Gatewood   Milwaukee Brewers

Alan Crowley       Atlanta Braves

McCarthy Tatum   Fresno State

Preston Mott         UC San Diego

Tevin Mitchell        UCSB

Evan Steele           Cal State East Bay

Jeremy Garcia        Cal State Monterey Bay

Dakota Stilson        Northern State (SD)

Also had at least 5 current or past JC players and I probably forgot someone.

Buchanan and Clovis North were absolutely loaded that year as well.  I will let someone with more knowledge than I comment on them.  Regardless, Jim's point is valid.  The TRAC is down this year as a whole and nowhere near what it used to be.  You will not see this many players from one team play after high school this year.  The depth is just not there.

Very nice.  Thank you

Baseball101

Jim Jefferies

Quote from: Baseball101 on March 23, 2018, 09:32:34 AM
Thanks for the laugh LOL
Don't need to name or can't name? 
I've watched plenty of baseball thank you very much.

"I've watched plenty of baseball thank you very much." ..... STOP IT!  River park Little League and Buchanan Babe Ruth doesn't count. Get those eyeballs on some teams outside this little Valley then you might have some credibility "BASEBALL 101".... its ok man, you just haven't seen enough high caliber baseball is all.
GURU gets it

Jim Jefferies

hello_newman

Quote from: Jim Jefferies on March 23, 2018, 09:16:28 AM

I was thinking, Jim Jefferies, of abstaining from watching any baseball whatsoever unless I know you will be there to translate what I am seeing.  Aside from yourself, everyone else who might have an opinion is clueless, so it might just be more educational that way.

hello_newman

Baseball101

Quote from: Jim Jefferies on March 23, 2018, 11:09:09 AM

"I've watched plenty of baseball thank you very much." ..... STOP IT!  River park Little League and Buchanan Babe Ruth doesn't count. Get those eyeballs on some teams outside this little Valley then you might have some credibility "BASEBALL 101".... its ok man, you just haven't seen enough high caliber baseball is all.
GURU gets it

HAHA Dude...seriously...like I said in a previous post...we all are just beneath you I suppose.  It's ok man, we don't think any less of you

Baseball101

Timmy Winn

There are two pitchers pitching in the TRAC this season that will likely be HIGH draft choices next June(2019). Don't be jealous that the best baseball in the valley is played in Clovis.

Timmy Winn

hello_newman

Quote from: Timmy Winn on March 23, 2018, 12:05:22 PM
There are two pitchers pitching in the TRAC this season that will likely be HIGH draft choices next June(2019). Don't be jealous that the best baseball in the valley is played in Clovis.

I don't think that anyone said otherwise.

hello_newman

Jim Jefferies

Fellas, the TRAC is a great HS league in the VALLEY no doubt, but what I am saying is that it is DOWN as a whole. The more D1/4yr players & Prospects that play in one league make it more competitive/challenging= tougher league. There isn't one true DOMINANT starter in the league and the position players are Vanilla.... Its the 3rd best league in NORTHERN CALIFORNIA.

Jim Jefferies

CWClassof2007

Quote from: Jim Jefferies on March 24, 2018, 12:15:31 AM
Fellas, the TRAC is a great HS league in the VALLEY no doubt, but what I am saying is that it is DOWN as a whole. The more D1/4yr players & Prospects that play in one league make it more competitive/challenging= tougher league. There isn't one true DOMINANT starter in the league and the position players are Vanilla.... Its the 3rd best league in NORTHERN CALIFORNIA.
OK. That's pretty good considering those other leagues.

CWClassof2007

diamond king

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on March 24, 2018, 12:52:26 AM
OK. That's pretty good considering those other leagues.

I totally agree. I think the CMAC was pretty entertaining. I am proud of the valley and the TRAC. it gets pretty annoying however to see feeds from the TRAC over and over. This is a very good CIF section and a lot of tradition is spread out in other divisions.

diamond king

CWClassof2007

Quote from: diamond king on May 20, 2018, 09:34:44 PM
I totally agree. I think the CMAC was pretty entertaining. I am proud of the valley and the TRAC. it gets pretty annoying however to see feeds from the TRAC over and over. This is a very good CIF section and a lot of tradition is spread out in other divisions.
There's never been a large baseball community on here outside of the TRAC.

CWClassof2007

diamond king

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on May 20, 2018, 11:00:27 PM
There's never been a large baseball community on here outside of the TRAC.

100% False

diamond king

Baseball101

Baseball101

CWClassof2007

Quote from: diamond king on May 21, 2018, 09:14:26 AM
100% False
You're right. I know nothing with my 10.5 years of posting on this website.

CWClassof2007

diamond king

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on May 21, 2018, 01:51:40 PM

Bullard

Stockdale

Fowler

Immanuel  Redwood 

diamond king

diamond king

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on May 21, 2018, 01:51:40 PM

.5 lol What are we in 3rd grade?

diamond king

Baseball101

Quote from: diamond king on May 22, 2018, 09:37:32 AM
Bullard

Stockdale

Fowler

Immanuel  Redwood

Where are the supporter for these teams on this site?

Baseball101

Jazz

I think CW was saying there is no major support on this site for teams outside of the TRAC.  I may be wrong, but that is how I read it.  There is support for those programs you mentioned in their community no doubt.

Jazz

knightsrule04

Quote from: Baseball101 on May 22, 2018, 10:19:46 AM
Where are the supporter for these teams on this site?
There used to be a bunch of Bullard supporters (mainly parents, some former players). But they have slowly disappeared. I'm on here often just catching up on news, but I don't live in Fresno anymore so I'm not up on the day-to-day stuff and can't comment on the games and such (except for football, for which I still run stats, but no one talks about Bullard football anymore).
BULLARD KNIGHTS FOOTBALL: 2009 VALLEY CHAMPIONS!

Bullard Knights baseball: 5 Major Leaguers, 7 Valley titles, 4 CA titles, 1 CA runner-up, 2 National titles, 2 National runners-up, 1 5th place finish in the nation.

Bullard Knights softball: 5 Valley titles, 2 CA titles, 2 National titles.

knightsrule04

BULLARD KNIGHTS FOOTBALL: 2009 VALLEY CHAMPIONS!

Bullard Knights baseball: 5 Major Leaguers, 7 Valley titles, 4 CA titles, 1 CA runner-up, 2 National titles, 2 National runners-up, 1 5th place finish in the nation.

Bullard Knights softball: 5 Valley titles, 2 CA titles, 2 National titles.

CWClassof2007

Quote from: Jazz on May 22, 2018, 09:49:25 PM
I think CW was saying there is no major support on this site for teams outside of the TRAC.  I may be wrong, but that is how I read it.  There is support for those programs you mentioned in their community no doubt.
Exactly what I was saying.

CWClassof2007